Quote | Reply
TRS already got in on that.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
softrun wrote:
Maybe we could call the tread "trucker hat gate" or "lambgate"?

No. Just -- "Trucker Hat."
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow.
this gets more & more amazing with each added page!

Quote | Reply
This got really interesting - as a still relative noob to this forum I can't imagine this kind of pathological insanity is par for the course out there. I'm fairly new and slow as shit but it's my time and I'm proud of the improvement.

Anyway, you all won here. He changed the username as well as removing his sponsors. He didn't want this to come up in a search anywhere. I stand impressed.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [KING_COOPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I fell off between page 2 and page 22. I'm fired up to read the whole thread on my commute come on the train today.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Jerseydave77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is nothing. The kind of ST investigative technique used to chase away and out two regular posters, a coach (newbz) for course cutting and T-3 girl for cheating, is something that can only be learned at the FBI academy :)

The pursuit of Finman was also pretty impressive.

Quote | Reply
Jerseydave77 wrote:
This got really interesting - as a still relative noob to this forum I can't imagine this kind of pathological insanity is par for the course out there. I'm fairly new and slow as shit but it's my time and I'm proud of the improvement.

Anyway, you all won here. He changed the username as well as removing his sponsors. He didn't want this to come up in a search anywhere. I stand impressed.

Par for the course? No, but a lot more common than you might think.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [KING_COOPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KING_COOPA wrote:
wow.
this gets more & more amazing with each added page!

You know I was in the same boat earlier today. I read this thread and found it amusing at first. The more I think about it the more I realize it's pretty sad. This is not any kind of normal behavior for adults. Probably a pretty sick guy:(
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel I should just jump in here and defend Bryan a bit. He and I are virtual friends on FB and have been discussing this thread via Messages. I think the character assassination is getting a bit hyperbolic. He's not a bad guy, he's not a pathological liar, although I do think he is prone to exaggeration and has made some poor decisions as to how he conducts himself in regards to social media, and this thread, clearly. I am not entirely sure what his motivation or goal was I starting this shirt storm, but I do get the impression it went south from what he intended. I'm not sure I buy what he is selling, but I do think he has a lot of regret and is in his heart, very unhappy this has happened. If that makes the pitchforks calling for his head a bit more satisfied. I suggested a mea culpa as ST loves penance, I suppose we will see.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If he has any integrity why not come clean? At least for his own conscience. .. me thinks he's full of shit after everything I read. Especially from other bloggers pissed about his plagiarism. I regrettably have watched too much MTVs catfish and now think he fits the mold. Fact is stranger than fiction... people can fabricate so much in their own mind they actually start believing it on a day to day basis. They don't even think it's messed up until confronted and even then they sometimes keep up the hoax. Generally there are deep seeded self esteem issues.

"4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he confesses on Oprah (or Competitor Radio), buys a DOVE membership, and serves a 6 month ST suspension, we might forgive him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey if comes clean I am all for it. I am certainly one to forgive. He doesn't need my approval but just so we are clear " I have made some mistakes," is not coming clean. I have never run a 1:13 half marathon, I didn't raise funds for leukemia and I made up this thread is coming clean. It is not relevent why he did those things, but it is important that he acknowledges specific misstatements.

Oh and everyone needs a friend like you!
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [SurfL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course there are 3 sides to every story of course.
1. Your side
2. His side
3. The truth

I'm not calling BS on your side, (far from it), just saying we don't have all the information.

That said, from what you've presented:
A) you're a reasonably successful racer (and that should be enough advertizement for any coach)
B) your ex-coach is a douche
C) name and shame!!!!
D) count your blessings?
E) move on to a better coach and move up to the top step of the podium!!!! :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you've got some catching up to do. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
Of course there are 3 sides to every story of course.
1. Your side
2. His side
3. The truth

I'm not calling BS on your side, (far from it), just saying we don't have all the information.

That said, from what you've presented:
A) you're a reasonably successful racer (and that should be enough advertizement for any coach)
B) your ex-coach is a douche
C) name and shame!!!!
D) count your blessings?
E) move on to a better coach and move up to the top step of the podium!!!! :-)

Did you stop reading on page 2?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
by which page did it get interesting?

I'm at work and can't read entire threads every time. My boss says ST isn't in my job description. I told him I do it for my regular salary. I don't charge him extra for the excellent opinions I put forth on ST.

TriDork

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:

go to post #340. you'll get caught up really fast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It never ceases to maze me that one person thinks they can outsmart the collective investigative techniques of a couple of hundred brains here on ST. It takes a certain arrogance to think a person can pull off a scam like that.
But at the same time, as good as the ST crowd is at getting to the bottom of anything, they are also quick to forgive and forget if and when someone comes clean and apologizes.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ptakeda wrote:
tridork wrote:

go to post #340. you'll get caught up really fast

In a blatant attempt at self promotion, I would direct your attention to post # 291.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
I feel I should just jump in here and defend Bryan a bit. He and I are virtual friends on FB and have been discussing this thread via Messages. I think the character assassination is getting a bit hyperbolic. He's not a bad guy, he's not a pathological liar, although I do think he is prone to exaggeration and has made some poor decisions as to how he conducts himself in regards to social media, and this thread, clearly. I am not entirely sure what his motivation or goal was I starting this shirt storm, but I do get the impression it went south from what he intended. I'm not sure I buy what he is selling, but I do think he has a lot of regret and is in his heart, very unhappy this has happened. If that makes the pitchforks calling for his head a bit more satisfied. I suggested a mea culpa as ST loves penance, I suppose we will see.

If he apologies can we at least poke him a little bit with our pitchforks?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:

Yeah it probably would have been in his best interest to come forward as he watched this shat pile up on him rather than attempting to defend himself. You'd think he would have learned in one of the other internet storms he's been a part of. It's a shame too because I really wanted to see video of him failing that Ben & Jerry's 4x4 challenge (not saying he'd fail because he's him. I just don't think it's possible)
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are far too many posts to go back and look. So I'll ask the masses...

Have the mods chimed in on this thread yet?

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [rjrankin83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not been on ST a lot lately because of injury and and losing a little bit of my obsession for all things triathlon. I would like to personally thanks everyone on here for helping me get that lost obsession back.
BTW.......... Did he ever tell his coaches name. Excuse me now as I have to google Bryan Lamb .

Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
^no. Hopefully this thread can die, and leave it up to OP to either come out with the story or just let it all go.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next