Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hell, this thread is so long I think all I think about now with this thread is this: (Well, I think this was the thread.....)

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
nchristi wrote:
Are we even sure he and the guy that stole the blog entry are the same persons? Are we even sure he lied about anything here?

I did ask him that the other day. He claims it's a different Bryan Lamb in a different state.

and you believe Lambchop? snort
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
nchristi wrote:
Are we even sure he and the guy that stole the blog entry are the same persons? Are we even sure he lied about anything here?

I did ask him that the other day. He claims it's a different Bryan Lamb in a different state.

If this is true and my name was Bryan Lamb I'd be pissed that there are multiple dudes out there making my life on the internet difficult.

Oh, and that would be some seriously bad luck. I don't believe in luck much.

Have we figured out if the surfing ShiverMeTimbers and the triathlon ShiverMeTimbers are one and the same person and also share a striking resemblance to one or both of the Bryan Lambs on the internet?

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jun 18, 14 7:29
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [bhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bhc wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
You mean he was lying about the trucker hat too!!! Is there no end to the depths of the deception??

Just goes to show you that you can't trust a lamb ;)

The smugness and gleefulness of the posts in this thread represent the worst of online forums. There is no difference between this thread and the adolescent online bullying that sometimes results in severe depression or suicide for those being bullied (for whatever reason).

Yes, I know SurfingLamb is an adult and should know better. But the high those of you feel at publicly humiliating him is not something you should be proud of. It is a character flaw.

I can imagine the silence that would occur on this thread should word come out that SurfingLamb had become so distraught that he attempted to "end it". (bhc - this post is not directed at you, yours was just a recent post I thought was generally representative of the gleeful bullying).
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [TriGirrrrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriGirrrrl wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
nchristi wrote:

and you believe Lambchop? snort

Did I say I believe him? Can any of you people read?

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Jun 18, 14 7:45
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Dreamer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on some time with Internet Archive, I would say there is actually a pretty high probability that the plagiarizing Bryan Lamb is not our Bryan Lamb.

If anyone knows something that would link them, let us know. But there was no mention of any sport or triathlon on those old blogs.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Jun 18, 14 7:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dreamer wrote:
bhc wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
You mean he was lying about the trucker hat too!!! Is there no end to the depths of the deception??

The smugness and gleefulness of the posts in this thread represent the worst of online forums. There is no difference between this thread and the adolescent online bullying that sometimes results in severe depression or suicide for those being bullied (for whatever reason).

Yes, I know SurfingLamb is an adult and should know better. But the high those of you feel at publicly humiliating him is not something you should be proud of. It is a character flaw.

I can imagine the silence that would occur on this thread should word come out that SurfingLamb had become so distraught that he attempted to "end it". (bhc - this post is not directed at you, yours was just a recent post I thought was generally representative of the gleeful bullying).

Hold on buddy. The OP started a fictitious thread on a public forum for the sole purpose of drawing attention to himself of his websites. He then spent several days defending the false contents of his attention seeking thread. As a result, the members of the forum discovered that this guy has been repeating this online behavior for the better part of a decade.

Confronting this behavior is the only way to stop it. Will the OP change his ways? I doubt it. He will most likely do exactly what he has done since 2004. That is, he will move on to another corner of the internet.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:
As a result, the members of the forum discovered that this guy has been repeating this online behavior for the better part of a decade.

Well, so we thought, but it looks like the plagiarizing bryan lamb is probably not the same guy.

So all we have is this post, and that the surfers don't like him.

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had referenced a blog that linked the ST Bryan to the poetry- plagiarizing Bryan. The main reason was this piece from http://www.wendymcclure.net/...amb-and-plagiarism/:

Quote:
5. Memo to Bryan Lamb: Fighting leukemia is a great cause and despite all I’ve said about your genitalia, I’d like to assume your Team in Training efforts are as legitimate and well-intentioned as anyone else’s. However, when your triathalon training and fundraising blog doen’t link to any direct fundraising page –i,e. one like this–and presents, as the only evidence that you’re a “stand up-guy :)” a link to your other weblog where you rip off someone else’s stuff, well, it might not be helping much. Just a thought.
However- the fightleukemia blogspot is now defunct, and I can't connect the two with stronger evidence.

I may have preemptively jumped the gun in adding evidence to that association, although it is a pretty strong coincidence. We all get a little excited during these twitch hunts.

Thoughts on being an Urban Triathlete
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Printer wrote:
As a result, the members of the forum discovered that this guy has been repeating this online behavior for the better part of a decade.

Well, so we thought, but it looks like the plagiarizing bryan lamb is probably not the same guy.

HEY!!! If you aren't going to pile on then it's time for you to leave this thread.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ohhh, interesting.
That was the one blog that the waybackmachine didn't have any data for.

outrage on hold for now

urbantriathlete wrote:
I had referenced a blog that linked the ST Bryan to the poetry- plagiarizing Bryan. The main reason was this piece from http://www.wendymcclure.net/...amb-and-plagiarism/:

Quote:
5. Memo to Bryan Lamb: Fighting leukemia is a great cause and despite all I’ve said about your genitalia, I’d like to assume your Team in Training efforts are as legitimate and well-intentioned as anyone else’s. However, when your triathalon training and fundraising blog doen’t link to any direct fundraising page –i,e. one like this–and presents, as the only evidence that you’re a “stand up-guy :)” a link to your other weblog where you rip off someone else’s stuff, well, it might not be helping much. Just a thought.
However- the fightleukemia blogspot is now defunct, and I can't connect the two with stronger evidence.

I may have preemptively jumped the gun in adding evidence to that association, although it is a pretty strong coincidence. We all get a little excited during these twitch hunts.

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
urbantriathlete wrote:

Quote:

If anything that would prove they are NOT the same person. I don't think ST Bryan has ever had any relation with TNT.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The truth is going to get in the way of a good story? Damn, happens all the time........

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
The truth is going to get in the way of a good story? Damn, happens all the time........

Not necessarily TRUTH, but some FACTS might, certainly

"If the glove don't fit ..."

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dreamer wrote:
bhc wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

Dreamer...based upon this post, it is clear that you are an intelligent, thoughtful, kind and caring person. IOW, you don't belong here. You might want to try BeginnerTriathlete.com ;) ;)

--------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
nchristi wrote:

If this is true and my name was Bryan Lamb I'd be pissed that there are multiple dudes out there making my life on the internet difficult.

Have we figured out if the surfing ShiverMeTimbers and the triathlon ShiverMeTimbers are one and the same person and also share a striking resemblance to one or both of the Bryan Lambs on the internet?

As I alluded to in my earlier post, "our" BL has long been ragged on over at the surfermag forum because of the other BL (whose website used to feature, among other gems, a pic of a ripped, shirtless dude sporting a guitar and straddling train tracks - that got a lot of mileage on the surfermag forum).
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
nchristi wrote:

I KNEW IT

That plagued toe is a dead giveaway

—Mr. Hand
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ctbrian wrote:
making good on the Ben & Jerry's challenge

This is all I care about. Successfully crushing this challenge could make a hero out of SurfingLamb, A-Rod, Rob Ford, President al-Assad, or even Justin Beiber.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
ctbrian wrote:
making good on the Ben & Jerry's challenge

This is all I care about. Successfully crushing this challenge could make a hero out of SurfingLamb, A-Rod, Rob Ford, President al-Assad, or even Justin Beiber.

Let's not get carried away

Anyone but A-Roid

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.surfermag.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=2055879&site_id=1#import
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
j p o wrote:
Bryancd wrote:
nchristi wrote:

As I alluded to in my earlier post, "our" BL has long been ragged on over at the surfermag forum because of the other BL (whose website used to feature, among other gems, a pic of a ripped, shirtless dude sporting a guitar and straddling train tracks - that got a lot of mileage on the surfermag forum).

I have no idea if these guys are all the same, but the circularity of it all is making me laugh. From a shiver_me_timbers post on the tread someone linked on the surfer board,
A drunk Asian chick punched me in the face when I was wearing a gorilla costume on Halloween last year.
I kinda liked it.

http://forum.surfermag.com/...d&Number=1736627

Face punching, gorilla costumes, I just hope there is mention of an imaginary surfing coach in there somewhere.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Last edited by: j p o: Jun 18, 14 8:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Printer wrote:

what are the odds that there are TWO Bryan Lambs that lie on the internet for attention? I mean really....Not like the name is John Smith

eta AND that use SurfingLamb as their handle????
Last edited by: TriGirrrrl: Jun 18, 14 8:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dreamer wrote:
bhc wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:

I actually think there is quite a difference between bullying and someone playing with fire and getting burned.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some guy you don't know, haven't met, and probably never will meet spouted off on the internet, and you feel you are owed something?

______

Depends on how you want to view the community of ST. If you want this place to be filled with more and more trolls, then you will think no one is owed anything. But if you want to atleast try and maintain some semblance of respect, it goes a long way when forgiveness is asked for and usually given. This isn't just a spout off on the internet, a blog is more along those lines, this was a very calculated attempt to have fool people, and I hope that behavior isn't allowed on here. ST I hope is a pretty damn good community (though made up of a bunch of A type personalities, sure), that I don't want to see get taken advantage of. When that happens over time, more and more trolls continue to show up and less and less good information is out there.

ETA: Also depends on how the OP wants to handle it. If he wants/needs to stay away then yeah he probably owes no one an apology. But if he wants to ever learn from the site and be an active member, then it'll go a long ways in admitting mistakes.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Last edited by: BDoughtie: Jun 18, 14 9:18
Quote Reply

Prev Next