Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. By not naming the coach, you're helping ensure that only your side of the story gets presented here. That's perfectly fine, but it also makes me suspect there may be more to the story that you don't want to come out.

The e-mail conversation in the original post -- was that a summary or verbatim quotes?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sluglas wrote:
But you are hiding something: their name. Do they know that you posted this? Have you notified them so they could respond? And why would they respond if you haven't named them?

How about you name them and then let them know so that we can get both sides. Right now it seems like you're just trying to get people on your side and avoid a two-sided discussion.

And why do you have the Double Chariot when you only have one kid? That's a lot of extra weight you know. But that is a nice time for a Half-Mary while pushing any stroller.

In hindsight, it might have been better if I posted this as a complete hypothetical - as I'm not anonymous online. Probably would have been a better idea.

Again - I've been honest with how everything went down between me and them. I don't have anything to hide - but at the same time - I'm not a big fan of the whole "I'm just going to take a dump all over this guy and get into an internet fight with him" type of thing. I just presented my side of the story - did everything I could think of doing to keep the other side (the coach) out of it without naming them in order to get feedback on my situation. Was I pissed when I posted it? Absolutely. Am I still pissed? Of course. Do I reeeeeeeaaaaaalllly want to just drop an A bomb and post the emails and call them out? Yes - I do. Absolutely, I do. But I also understand that if I do that, it would cause even more drama than this has already caused (which I didn't intend). I don't believe for one second that it would cause anything for me (I can't think of anything I've done specifically wrong that would entail this situation from happening - and trust me, I've thought of it) but I do think naming them would cause (somewhat) irreparable harm to them which would in turn hurt other people who had nothing to do with this.

This is one of the rare instances where I'm not doing this:

Again, I'm not wanting people to support me or pat me on the back for this - I just thought it was a drastically fucked up situation and thought I'd get thoughts on it. If people disagree that it's fucked up - I'm ok with that too.

And I have a double stroller because I'm going to be having another kid next year. Wife's decision :p lol but I have found that you can fit a bunch of stuff in a double with one kid - so that's pretty sweet too. but the thing is fucking HUGE.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pooks wrote:
This is bullshit. You're clearly just trying to distract people from the fact that you have yet to complete and post video of the Ben and Jerry's 4x4 challenge.

On a side note, you have approx 12,000 links and endorsements in you signature. It is a little interesting that your coach wasn't included in there somewhere. The only thing really relevant though is it appears that they have broken a contract. (Not sure how formal the coaching agreement/contract was). All the rest is just drama.

Again - all the companies/groups in my signature are people who I work with (mostly in exchange for product although some are just teams I'm on).

I ride a Kestrel Bike that I paid for and love. but it's not in my signature and I don't do any blog posts on the bike. Why? Because there's no need for me to - I've paid for the bike. Same with my wheels, etc. Now, if Kestrel asked me "Hey - we heard you're happy with the bike you bought from us - can you do a blog post on it for us to feature?" - then I probably would.

Same thing applies to the coaching service I was using. *I* look at it as a product I was buying (although there was a client/coach relationship as well) - not as a "they're doing me a favor and I should return it even though I'm paying them money."
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Exactly. By not naming the coach, you're helping ensure that only your side of the story gets presented here. That's perfectly fine, but it also makes me suspect there may be more to the story that you don't want to come out.

The e-mail conversation in the original post -- was that a summary or verbatim quotes?

Complete summary and broken down. It gets the basic gist of it only.

I'm not copy/pasting or putting up the emails.

Again - my intention isn't to "out a coach" or anything - it was just to get feedback on the situation.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Daremo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not directed at you ( I think formatting may have given you that impression)
I meant this coach was exhibit A - displaying a lack of professionalism

Daremo wrote:
stillrollin wrote:
Calling coaching a profession is a stretch.

I give you exhibit A

Daremo wrote:
I can see how this would go in my profession.

Meaning?????
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're over thinking this. For whatever reason, your coach thought it was in their best interest to sever the relationship. If you don't get your money refunded, then you've got a real issue on your hands.

Now stop procrastinating and go train. Focus your energy on something important, like the entertainment of anonymous people on a web forum...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You have taken the high road - nothing ever wrong with that. No reason to ever name the coach (I know i will get blasted for writing that and taking away everyone's fun).

Also coach sounds like a douche - although he may have his own valid reasons for the decision - why not call and ask?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something doesn't add up here.

1. Based on the OP, the coach wants more clients.

2. Coach is upset since you don't facilitate #1.

3. Coach fires you because of #2.

4. Coach now has one less client.

6. Profit!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

without naming names - is your former coach in this picture? - yes or no.

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tarabay or the gorilla? Surginglamb already said there was no connection between his coach and BSR..

Who was in the gorilla suit again? I don't remember.

Austin Hardy -

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Aust1227] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aust1227 wrote:
Who was in the gorilla suit again? I don't remember.

The principal from The Breakfast Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSr6REupQx0

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lacticturkey wrote:

without naming names - is your former coach in this picture? - yes or no.

FTW!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"It's not you, it's me."

Translation:

"I'm sick of dealing with your shit." In this case, the exact translation is "Dealing with you is not worth what you are paying me."

Seems like he/she should have finished out the year, but we only know half the story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I'm in total agreement that the coach wasn't clear about what he expected in the client/coach relationship. But you my friend obviously are unaware of how the Slowtwitch relationship works. You post a thread like this
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...your_help!_P5014709/

And you beg for likes so you can be part of some team for discounts whatever. Guess what, now is the time to pay the community back. Start naming names or maybe one of the mods can fire you.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [tucktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tucktri wrote:
Now I'm in total agreement that the coach wasn't clear about what he expected in the client/coach relationship. But you my friend obviously are unaware of how the Slowtwitch relationship works. You post a thread like this
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...your_help!_P5014709/

And you beg for likes so you can be part of some team for discounts whatever. Guess what, now is the time to pay the community back. Start naming names or maybe one of the mods can fire you.

haha. I'm not shameless in admitting that I came here as a source to help me get on that team (still a bit miffed at the whole process - but it worked out).

That said - I did giveaway one of the shoes I received from that to a slowtwitcher - so I have to get sooooooooooooooome bonus points for that.

I'm not outting the guy - I've already gone over the whys in this thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ptakeda] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or maybe he's in this picture?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on, you know the real reason. You are just too manly after punching the guy for blowing smoke in your kids face. Your alpha maleness was intimidating him. Trust me, I get that a lot. ;)

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry didnt read the entire thread but if you liked him and were having success why didnt you just offer to make a better effort at promoting his services to remain a client?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [1xatbandcamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Time to end this drama..
I am the coach he’s referring to and who wrote the emails, and I've kept this professional the entire time. The situation as “Surfing Lamb” writes is not even close to what actually happened. He'll definitely get a refund for services not rendered. I’m glad he was able to summarize my emails and make me look like an idiot by not including ALL of the information. This is not the full story, but nothing positive can come from arguing online. Clearly since I made this account just to respond I prefer that my name/organization doesn't get negative publicity from this, but the bottom line is that if you don’t follow your coaches advice you can’t be upset when you get let go.
That’s all I’m posting about this situation. It’s over.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [MakeThingsRight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MakeThingsRight wrote:
Time to end this drama..
I am the coach he’s referring to and who wrote the emails, and I've kept this professional the entire time. The situation as “Surfing Lamb” writes is not even close to what actually happened. He'll definitely get a refund for services not rendered. I’m glad he was able to summarize my emails and make me look like an idiot by not including ALL of the information. This is not the full story, but nothing positive can come from arguing online. Clearly since I made this account just to respond I prefer that my name/organization doesn't get negative publicity from this, but the bottom line is that if you don’t follow your coaches advice you can’t be upset when you get let go.

Over??? was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor???

methinks it's just getting started.

oh, and re the bold.....
Last edited by: ChrisM: Jun 13, 14 12:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know, really, (other than it being Friday afternoon and some folks are bored (I'm eating lunch) and wanting entertainment and even then sorry charlie) you have no obligation to name anyone and i really have to give you kudos for standing your ground and taking the mature approach. your OP was a true WTF in my head, so yeah, right out of left field and so very strange unless this guy has So Much Money he simply MUST get rid of it or has no concept of how to grow his business but even then super WTF.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here we go!

Let's get this party started :)

Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Over??? was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor??? .
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
MakeThingsRight wrote:
Time to end this drama..

Over??? was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor???

methinks it's just getting started.

oh, and re the bold.....

Umm what?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb wrote:
tucktri wrote:
I'm not outting the guy - I've already gone over the whys in this thread.

If no names, what about initials????

Now that I've wasted 10 min of reading this thread.......

Hey, good news, I hear your looking for a coach. I'm available. Here's my Resume:

Participating in Tri's since 2009
No previous Tri coaching experience - Although I have coached a 4th grade basketball team, summer track (a relay went into Nationals ranked #2 in the country) and one individual qualified in 3 events (son)
Fees - $0 for the 1st year
New Clients - I'll refund 30% of your fees for each new client referred to me.

I eagerly await your decision........

I better put :-)'s in here as some posters may not get it...
Quote Reply

Prev Next