Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [steelerguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So do we know who is the coach
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
jackmott wrote:
not a single mention of his coach on his blog, not a single mention on facebook in the last year.

CURIOUS

There's a lot in the story that simply does not pass the smell test. I think the OP was going
for epic ST thread status and he might get it. I'm not sure it'll work out exactly as he wanted though.

Isn't this the same guy who started a thread in the LR about punching a dude in the face who blew smoke in his kids face? That was an epic thread. Surely there is no need to try and top that one!

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [lhpoulin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lhpoulin wrote:
Not just not outing him. He keeps coming back and blue balling the thread.

the least he could do is play "just the tip" and give us an initial or two.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Stevie G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know, I'm actually starting to switch teams and go with the coach on this. I mean with the blogs, the tweets, the "sponsors", the pinched photos, and the me, me, me self adulation that seems to seep from the blog site - I'm just losing my love for the lamb. I can sorta see where the lambcoach was coming from.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

As a person who did their level 1 coaching course (but never got the certificate) and horribly over trained myself last year, let alone somone who has zero experience in coaching anyone or thing (beyond writing myself off for 6months) please let me take this time to offer you my services. I'll charge slightly less than your your ex and will only expect 2-3 tweets saying how awesome I am....... daily that is :-)

Long and short of it. Lighten up! This is a hobby not your profession.

Quote | Reply
Ok I've been away from ST for a while, so time to break my silence.

I was SurfingLamb's coach.

He just could not keep up to my training regimen. Constant whining about carpal tunnel syndrome, dry skin, chafing. Frankly, he is a total puss.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Shanks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you've got the nail on the head.

I agree with you re referrals. What I don't get those is at the end of a race report it's a nice thing to thank the people that have supported you on the way. I pay my coach quite a bit. I don't feel obligated to try and bring athletes on board. Mainly because he has a huge waiting list. But I think him in most of my reports as he was the one who helped me achieve or at least attempt to achieve my goals.

Seems like common courtesy.

Quote | Reply
renorider wrote:
karma wrote:
Not hard to find the coach. I am pretty sure I found who it is in about 4 minutes.

I've got -pretty- good Google-fu, and I've come up empty so far. Was relying on cached hits, but nada.

I just put "bryan lamb triathlon coach" in google and a name was shown in a couple of places on the first page.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've read through most of this thread, surfing lamb is a chick right
Last edited by: Stevie G: Jun 14, 14 3:43
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Dead Keen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dead Keen wrote:
renorider wrote:
karma wrote:
Not hard to find the coach. I am pretty sure I found who it is in about 4 minutes.

I've got -pretty- good Google-fu, and I've come up empty so far. Was relying on cached hits, but nada.

I just put "bryan lamb triathlon coach" in google and a name was shown in a couple of places on the first page.

Yea, that search has some legs but couldn't come to a super positive conclusion to the coaches ID. I'd give money to for a picture of this trucker hat.
Last edited by: Pantelones: Jun 14, 14 2:04
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pantelones wrote:
Dead Keen wrote:
renorider wrote:
karma wrote:

Yea, that search has some legs but couldn't come to a super positive conclusion to the coaches ID. I'd give money to for a picture of this trucker hat.

Only thing remotely related I found.

1. Dalzell Coaching | Facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/dalzellcoaching?hc_location=timeline...3

Derek Dalzell is currently a certified USA cycling coach and Graduate student at Western ... Bryan Lamb is a triathlete that I help with via the Cobb Mobb.

Last edited by: irongirlfl: Jun 14, 14 2:55
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BrianPBN wrote:
The only scenario where I can think this would be appropriate is if in the original agreement/conversation, you & he/she said something to the effect of...

"....I'm going to be coaching you at a discounted rate, under the premise that you will be referring me 'x' # of new business /month...."

Otherwise, yes...sounds very bizaare.
---

I don't know if it's been said yet as I'm still shuffling through the pages of responses, but my coach/team has a referral deal where you get $ back if other people sign up through you. They're fine with it if you don't refer anyone else, and everyone benefits if you do. I'm extremely happy with them and would recommend them to anyone, but no one has signed up yet and we're all ok with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [irongirlfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I help out with the Cobb Mobb which Bryan is a part of.

I am not his former coach, nor do I know who that individual is.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Last edited by: ddalzell: Jun 14, 14 3:53
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ddalzell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddalzell wrote:

I don't know, at this point saying you are may get you more business considering the way this thread has turned on the lamb.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the coach still has not been identified I figured I would take a quick stab at it over my morning coffee. I am fairly sure AP10 is your coach but feel free to tell me I am off.

For those interested in my research flow, I looked at a race report for one of SurfingLamb's followers. In their race report they mention the following. Maybe it is just a coincidence.

"A special mention here to the AP10 support crew. I was lucky enough to be rocking one of the AP10 trucker caps on race day"
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Even his twitter pic is pirated. Does this guy pay for anything!
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [striket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
poor old lamb is copping a pasting! Turning into roast lamb 'round ere. Not sure why really, ill give him the benefit of the doubt that he is legit. Awful position on the bike though lamby. I think the tardiz isnt the right helmet. But if thats a Bears logo on your shoulder then you are forgivin :D
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People are lost in binary thinking here. Also, some are taking lamb at 100% face value.

There is a difference between 'bending over backwards' to pimp your coach and acknowledging them in a race report. Even a brief passing remark like 'some of the workouts from my coach have really helped this month'.

But, this guy is a walking ad willing to shill anything on his blog/ST sig/twitter. Very strange that he works so hard to avoid mentioning his coach. Most people would consider the coach far more important than a shitty visor or music player that he pumps so hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Stevie G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stevie G wrote:
So do we know who is the coach
It was Endurance Nation, and Surfinglamb got fired because he went on a long weekend Zone 2 ride and enjoyed it, told the coaches he wanted more of that.

Quote | Reply
The half season refund should have accompanied the email letting SurfingLamb go.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ddalzell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ddalzell wrote:

Do you have any trucker hats for sale?
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
Jctriguy wrote:
Ty wrote:

So what. Like Lamb stated, he does not blog about his lawn care man or his pool guy so why should he mention his coach? He pays his coach and that is it. He owes him nothing more.
If the coach requested that he put in a good word now and then it seems like Lamb is the type of guy who would have. But I do think Lamb is better off without this guy.

I just don't get this. It's about showing some basic appreciation for people that help you. The fact that money is exchanged shouldn't change that. If 'lamb' could do it on his own, he wouldn't pay for a coach.

It is very strange for an athlete to make no mention of a personal coach that is apparently doing good things for him.

Maybe it's because I don't have a coach, but I don't get the "obligation" to blog and Facebook about someone that you are paying for a service. Yes you should have a good working relationship with a coach, but at the end of the day if they aren't doing you any special favors why are you supposed to be bending over backwards to mention them through social media and personal recommendations?

Also, in this scenario I believe he mentioned he's been working with this coach since the end of 2013... Basically 6-7 months. Should you be spamming your coach's name out there when you're just getting to know them yourself?

Yeah. I don't shout out for my accountant, or my chiro, or my bike or car mechanic. His coach isn't the one putting in training hours, or racing on the course. I wouldn't feel obligated to shill for him either.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [striket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
striket wrote:

And Bad Fit To Boot
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CaptainCanada wrote:
Ok I've been away from ST for a while, so time to break my silence.

I was SurfingLamb's coach.

He just could not keep up to my training regimen. Constant whining about carpal tunnel syndrome, dry skin, chafing. Frankly, he is a total puss.

He definitely does seem pretty chafed about the whole thing.

And not one damn tweet about you!
No wonder you fired him.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Constantine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
who is his fitter? Burn the witch!!!

Constantine wrote:
striket wrote:

And Bad Fit To Boot

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next