Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [meuf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping I can get that money back. Still haven't heard anything
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [SurfingLamb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb wrote:
I'm hoping I can get that money back. Still haven't heard anything

Let me get this straight. Your e-mail converstaion with him was last night. In that conversation, he mentioned that he'd refund you the balance for the remaining portion of the year. It hasn't been 24 hours, and you're complaining that you haven't heard anyting further.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. I followed up earlier today asking again and mentioning that I felt I should get the whole year back. Resourced a read receiptbut no response
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
give me his name and email address and ill try to get the refund for ya
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
windywave wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
MakeThingsRight wrote:
Time to end this drama..

I am the coach he’s referring to and who wrote the emails, and I've kept this professional the entire time. The situation as “Surfing Lamb” writes is not even close to what actually happened. He'll definitely get a refund for services not rendered. I’m glad he was able to summarize my emails and make me look like an idiot by not including ALL of the information. This is not the full story, but nothing positive can come from arguing online. Clearly since I made this account just to respond I prefer that my name/organization doesn't get negative publicity from this, but the bottom line is that if you don’t follow your coaches advice you can’t be upset when you get let go.
That’s all I’m posting about this situation. It’s over.

Over??? was it over when the germans bombed pearl harbor???

methinks it's just getting started.

oh, and re the bold.....

The Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Forget it. He's rolling

Best three responses I've ever read on ST.

Quote | Reply
I'm just stoked that i got to be #1 on this thread. Almost 10 pages and we still do not know who the coach is, this is great!!! Gonna go down in some sort of ST archive and win some award for sure. That or go down in flames, either way, what a country!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He gave you the 'it's not you, it's me' routine? Then proceeded to blame you?

Quote | Reply
Not hard to find the coach. I am pretty sure I found who it is in about 4 minutes.

OP - Is your coach promoting himself as a "6 X ironman champion" ?

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I said earlier in the thread it wasn't him
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread had so much potential....can't understand the logic not to oust him. I question your integrity
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry, now angrylamb.

and thanks you guys for making my shitty week a lot more funny.
i have been snorting at the computer, eliciting surprised and worried looks from my dog.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not just not outing him. He keeps coming back and blue balling the thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [MakeThingsRight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MakeThingsRight wrote:
Oh it's me alright... and I give you full permission to tell everyone my name and all of my information. Screw it.

:-)

One question

How often do your male clients get "chicked?"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok - If you feel uncomfortable outing this person, how about the ST researchers just keep asking if it's so and so coach. Then you can then say no - which clears that coach - and the ST community can then ask if it's another coach etc. when someone hits the nail, you just say "I can't say" or words to that effect. If he's out there watching this thread, he'll be nervous and may just out him (or her?) self and give us the other side of the story. Tick, tick, tick,.....
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [gunsbuns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is like watching a bunch of hopeful single guys at a wedding loaded with teases and prudes. You are all going home disappointed and solo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb wrote:
Yes. I followed up earlier today asking again and mentioning that I felt I should get the whole year back. Resourced a read receiptbut no response

Well...one sided story, so who really knows what happened. If the coach did what you said, probably not the best way to handle things. But I kinda doubt we have the full story.

Either way, can't imagine that anyone thinks you should get the full year back. You received half a year of services and should only get the other half back. Also not sure why you think that should be done sooner than 24hrs.

Finally, you have a very strange view on the coaching relationship, IMHO. It is very strange that you never once mentioned your coach in any posts, by name or even a vague reference to working with a coach. You clearly think that you should only talk about yourself and the amazing things that you, and you alone, have accomplished. Coach-athlete is a partnership, not a strict business arrangement like the guy that rings up your groceries.
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [lhpoulin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lhpoulin wrote:
He keeps coming back and blue balling the thread.

I love this phrase, you win page 9!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nobody's constipated on race morning
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought you were self coached all this time.

That would explain the firing, you simply were not talking about yourself enough nor
giving yourself enough credit so you fired yourself.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah ... I'm calling BS.

The internet is pretty sticky, you can't just take something down one day and all traces are gone.
Never happened. Nice work on a 10 page thread though.

Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [dogmile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I cant wait for The Real Starky's take on this...epic. ETA: And by that, I mean the trolling ST fell for today.

------------------
@brooksdoughtie
USAT-L2,Y&J; USAC-L2
http://www.aomultisport.com
Last edited by: BDoughtie: Jun 13, 14 18:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll coach you. PM me

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Dropped by my coach mid season? WTF??? [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I find it interesting for someone who has more 'sponsors' than 75% of pros you wouldn't mention your coach.

It's an interesting thing in general. A KPI unless specifically stated should not be to market your coach. But in saying that if you like your coach it doesn't hurt to say it.

Also it would've been better to actually directly quote what your coach said to you in those emails then 'translating' them. Things get lost in translation. Either deliberately or not.

Last edited by: cannastar: Jun 14, 14 0:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SurfingLamb wrote:

Email 5 (to me from coach): Yes, but I'm looking for someone to drive business to me and you haven't been doing that. I haven't had a single person come to me who referenced you as a recommendation and I haven't seen you wearing any of my gear at any of your races or seen any facebook or blog posts about me.

I love this part. I actually got this *exact* line from someone who led a charity I was thinking about getting involved with. A charity!

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply

Prev Next