Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Phenomenal races, the men’s was one of the best battles in some time. Pidcock has stones to take it to those two. Really can’t understand how his little body can crank out the watts to hang with those brutes.

Also impressive how quickly MvdP and WvA get on form. Only took a couple races to find their rhythm.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After the race Pidcock denied starting out too hard, saying that he prefers to race at the front. Still, he seemed to fall apart in the last couple laps, making multiple (small) mistakes when he was nearly flawless before.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jstonebarger wrote:
After the race Pidcock denied starting out too hard, saying that he prefers to race at the front. Still, he seemed to fall apart in the last couple laps, making multiple (small) mistakes when he was nearly flawless before.

I think his strategy was maybe the best way to approach WVa and MdVP. Bringing those two into the last lap seems unwise.

MdVP is such a pleasure to watch. You could see him practicing all the tricky bits, making little mistakes early as he tried out different things. Watching other guys to spot their weaknesses. Then he flips a switch and strings together a few minutes of power and technical perfection . But while his margins last year were enormous, it's fun to watch when it's barely enough, like today.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Honsinger! Second race in a row with the big girls. She's fully legit.

Men's race was phenomenal. All 3 guys pushed to the limit. Never seen MdVP look so wrecked after a CX race.

Betsema raced dirty with all those unnecessary body English. Then I find out that she recently pulled an Amben Neben? Tsk tsk.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Betsema raced dirty with all those unnecessary body English. Then I find out that she recently pulled an Amben Neben? Tsk tsk.

An Amben Neben? What's that?

Betsema did seem to a have a lot elbows, but only until Clara showed her her rear tire close up. After that they got along fine.

Nice too, for Clara to stick up for Katie Compton in the interview afterward. For a 23 yo she seems to keep her cool.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming the reference is to getting popped for PEDs and blaming it on a supplement.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it was a reference to PED usage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping someday my Olympic Wheaties box will be tainted with something good. ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Best CX race so far and probably except for possibly worlds, the best this season due to the course. Although the next 2 weeks those 3 will collide multiple times so I'm anxious to see what's going to happen.

I do think Mathieu fried himself quite a bit. Wout would pace to close the gap, while Mathieu was clearly trying to punch his way to the back wheel of Pidcock and never really making it there. He was lucky that Wout allowed himself to get tricked into closing the gap with Mathieu on his wheel. Had Wout not tried to close the gap then and there, I think Pidcock would've stayed away for the win tbh.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri_Joeri wrote:
Best CX race so far and probably except for possibly worlds, the best this season due to the course. Although the next 2 weeks those 3 will collide multiple times so I'm anxious to see what's going to happen.

I do think Mathieu fried himself quite a bit. Wout would pace to close the gap, while Mathieu was clearly trying to punch his way to the back wheel of Pidcock and never really making it there. He was lucky that Wout allowed himself to get tricked into closing the gap with Mathieu on his wheel. Had Wout not tried to close the gap then and there, I think Pidcock would've stayed away for the win tbh.

Yeah, that's how I read it as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And just when we think maybe MdVP will be vulnerable...the Death Star goes fully operational. Granted no WvA or Iserbyt this time, but he dispatched Pidcock and everyone else in casual, clinical fashion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cycling sucks sometimes. Apparently Dumoulin and Roglic's pictures were being circulated in a portfolio being presented during witness questioning on Operation Aderlass and papers are running with it as though they are connected. If its true I wouldn't be shocked. If it isn't true I wouldn't be shocked. This sport eats its own sometimes, for better or worse.

Edit: Apparently the only reason suspicion was raised was because of some of Preidler's conjectures. His speculation reads terribly upon him if you see the quotes. Pure speculation.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Dec 23, 20 9:57
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was really confused by that story. Which probably means it's poor journalism.

Unclear if it's nothing more than pictures thrown in as in a witness ID lineup where you mix in innocent people. Or if it's something more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He looked good today until he flatted. WVA held the gap though so it's shaping up to be a 2, maybe 3, man race again. I almost feel bad for all the other CX guys who are immediately relegated to a few minutes back once the big guys come over in their off season to play a bit of CX.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:

Unclear if it's nothing more than pictures thrown in as in a witness ID lineup where you mix in innocent people. Or if it's something more.

My interpretation was that Prediler whined because Tom was on good form after a training camp he wasn't at and that he insinuated Roglic had to be cheating because he was a ski jumper turned GT winner. Their inclusion was solely based on his own speculative doubts. Which seems shit.

I don't put much faith in any sport, but if they are going to get smeared there should be evidence and not just a whine.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Dec 23, 20 10:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
trail wrote:

My interpretation was that Prediler whined because Tom was on good form after a training camp he wasn't at and that he insinuated Roglic had to be cheating because he was a ski jumper turned GT winner. Their inclusion was solely based on his own speculative doubts. Which seems shit.

I don't put much faith in any sport, but if they are going to get smeared there should be evidence and not just a whine.

Yeah, that really isn't much more than hearsay. It doesn't even rise to the level of hearsay, more like "I suspect".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 Seems as though Prediler is looking for anyone to throw under bus.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honsinger really showing her metal today in the rain
3 other Americans in top 20 with Compton in 25th

Brand is amazing

men's race should be interesting
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This the Cx verision of a Mountain stage. What punishment.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honsinger is something else.

Since WvA started back the men’s races have felt like a preview of spring classics. The two of them are custom built for brutal conditions.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed she is.

...and van Aert is a monster. No one could out power him on a course like that.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2020 Cycling Restart Thread *Spoilers* [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WannaB wrote:
This the Cx verision of a Mountain stage. What punishment.

Yeah that was unreal. I don't think I've ever seen van der Poel on the suffer bus like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Indeed she is.

...and van Aert is a monster. No one could out power him on a course like that.

His power was just unreal. The course was pretty unfair with basically non-stop power mud. But they had to cut out the other sections due to wind - no one's fault.

I like to think I'm not susceptible to advertising. And the fries with the big dollop of white fat in the middle looks vaguely disgusting. But I've been finding myself having odd cravings for Pauwels sauces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see what he was laying down today. Just once I'd love to see him post his power in a CX race. That display and the time he put in to MvdP was mighty impressive.

I'm with you on those nasty looking frites.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He lived up to the “King of Pedaling Power” label that Dumoulin hung on him. Even MvdP seemed to acknowledge that he makes crazy watts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next