Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After Ludwig's great stage win yesterday, Vos takes her 4th stage at the Tour of Scandanavia and Ludwig defends her GC against Lippert.

Not only is she the most insane winner of all time, but she does it without drama and seemingly with admiration of the entire peloton. That is, after they get over the frustration of yet another dominating beat down.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 14, 22 5:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2:25:00 in to the GCN+ feed, Ludwig is giving her post race interview. A+ as always.

Edit: This podium ceremony is great. The trophy is fairly large and heavy. Ludwig is cracking us up while she is trying to lift this.

Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 14, 22 5:56
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Alvin Tostig wrote:
trail wrote:
McNulty wrote:
ill timed tantrum back in the day.

And to be fair, the list World Tour sprinters who've had ill-timed tantrums isn't a short list. You want to run to Costco for extra toner before printing out that list.

No need to print the list. I'll start.

Tom Steels - Throwing his water bottle at Frederic Moncassin at the finish of Stage 6 in the 1997 TdF.

https://twitter.com/...print-relegations%2F

And apparently no crash resulted from all that?

On the other hand, I'll see your singular measly water bottle and up you one

Plenty of "ill-timed tantrums" from Cipo (unfortunately, including on and off the bike).

Punching Francisco Cerezo before the start of the 5th stage at the 2000 Vuelta. (Pic of the resulting damage to Cerezo below.)

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TJV and Ineos announce their Vuelta teams and they are stacked!

TJV: Oomen, Gesink, Harper, Teunissen, Affini, Dennis, Kuss, Roglic

Ineos: Carapaz, Tao, Hayter, Plapp, Rodriguez, Sivakov, Turner, Van Baarle

Ineos decides that tridents are for idiots and brings the 4 GC pitchfork instead.

Also, spare a thought for Kuss in that TTT. This isn't even their best TTT squad and it is still going to be outrageous.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
Paul cracks me up.

Ant McCrossan would've said "No impressed"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see Ineos as a four horse team. They do have a good squad though. I see Carapaz as the clear leader. Tao did win the Giro, but has not had that form since (nor does he have an insanely fit and motivated Dennis to TT him to victory). Sivakov has shown well in some races, but not across 3 weeks - in some part due to crashes.

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was mostly joking. They have said Carapaz is the supported leader.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
Paul cracks me up.

Ant McCrossan would've said "No impressed"

Written exactly as he'd say it.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Utrecht is a wonderful town

Heard of it - never been there
https://en.wikipedia.org/.../Utrecht_Caravaggism

Utrecht was one of my two art supply stores in Philly [Taws being the other] They were on Broad & Lombard, then Broad & Spruce; since being acquired by Blick Art Supplies, they're on Chestnut St, between 13th & Broad

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't comment on visiting personally, but it has prominently featured in TTs before.

Its been years since I have been to Philadelphia and I'm looking forward to going back. I have a mate I'm visiting in Center City next month.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
I was mostly joking. They have said Carapaz is the supported leader.

Carapaz should make EF exciting next year (if he indeed ends up there as is rumored). Rigo is a great dude, but it's clear he's nearing the end of his career.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree. EF looks to have scored enough to get out of the relegation zone and Carapaz will be an awesome leader. Rigo is the man, but its clear he is essentially like a cycling ambassador and media personality at this point. Having a clear and capable GC contender should be good for the team.

I have a theory I am working on: Roglic is there as a decoy for GC Kuss. The real battle is Nairoman against Kuss! ;)

Delusional thinking aside, I am curious where he might end up. He will be dropped in the TTT. Affini, Dennis, Roglic are a lethal team on their own.

I would rather Kuss get off of the leash to win another stage than ride for a 6 - 10 GC spot.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 15, 22 8:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
turdburgler wrote:
And now Cav to Bora! I hope he takes the Cannibal's record next year!

He shouldn't go to Bora if he wants to shoot for a TdF stage win. They'll be looking at GC at the TdF with Higuita and/or Hindley. If Bennett can return to form, Cavendish might not even be their fastest sprinter.

Another storyline to follow, though.

I still haven't seen anything on Cav's socials about going anywhere - maybe he's keeping quiet until after La Vuelta?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still nothing official.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roglic is a favorite to win. But............
- How fit is he?
- Does he have any lingering issues from his crash?
- How many times has he crashed during a race? (I'm hoping he doesn't hit the pavement this time.)
- Not having van Aert with the team at the Vuelta could be a factor.

I'll be pulling for Roglic. But anytime I pick a rider for my fantasy team, that rider seems to have a better than even chance of crashing out/getting DQ'd from the race. I'm picking Carapaz for my fantasy team.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
I'm picking Carapaz for my fantasy team.

Thank you! I was debating. Your kiss of death helps.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hahahaha where is the league at? I might need to pop in
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you want another kiss of death - i'm thinking sivakov is the best bet from ineos.
will ineos fully back anyone who won't be there next year?
i can't imagine anyone touching remco - especially if anyone rides with him a bit (yates? almeida? sivakov?) before he drops them to distance the farther down places.

i'm a big roglic fan also - if he makes it out of the first week - i think he could be a big factor. the very nervous first week of grand tours is for the lucky - i don't usually count roglic as lucky.

is the worlds road race winner in the Vuelta or maybe racing here in Baltimore and Canada?
as i'm backing bling Matthews (talk about kiss of death!?) - I'm hoping he's coming to Bmore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much stronger [or weaker] is the gravity in Spain vs France or Italy? LOL

Do more riders go down, and more catastrophically so [i.e., crash out], in La Vuelta or in the TDF or in the Giro?

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
if you want another kiss of death - i'm thinking sivakov is the best bet from ineos.
will ineos fully back anyone who won't be there next year?
i can't imagine anyone touching remco - especially if anyone rides with him a bit (yates? almeida? sivakov?) before he drops them to distance the farther down places.

i'm a big roglic fan also - if he makes it out of the first week - i think he could be a big factor. the very nervous first week of grand tours is for the lucky - i don't usually count roglic as lucky.

is the worlds road race winner in the Vuelta or maybe racing here in Baltimore and Canada?
as i'm backing bling Matthews (talk about kiss of death!?) - I'm hoping he's coming to Bmore.

I'm curious to see how Plapp goes. He has the TT to stay in contention and he can climb pretty well. How he goes over 3 weeks remains to be seen. Sivakov is indeed looking great. He is another one with a bad history of losing battles with the tarmac so he needs to keep it upright.

Remco has put in the work and I think we are going to see him pull of a good GC. I'm pulling for Roglic, but no one knows how he is going. I don't think he'd show up if he didn't have winning form though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
How much stronger [or weaker] is the gravity in Spain vs France or Italy? LOL

Do more riders go down, and more catastrophically so [i.e., crash out], in La Vuelta or in the TDF or in the Giro?

It has to be TdF hands down. Everyone is on pins and needles making crackhead decisions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And just like that, Tom D is done for good.

https://twitter.com/tom_dumoulin/status/1559215107514720259?t=t8DahAgv2BhkZfZgWlpg8A&s=19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
hahahaha where is the league at? I might need to pop in

Some of the players are pretty good. But it is sort of a roll of the dice.

https://www.velogames.com/spain/2022/

Slowtwitch League ID: 233154710

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I still haven't seen anything on Cav's socials about going anywhere - maybe he's keeping quiet until after La Vuelta?

Some Italian press evidently said he was likely going to B&B Hotels, along with Cees Bol

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I saw that, I thought B&B would be a little under-funded to sign him, but with Carrefour coming on, there would certainly be some extra cash laying around

And wouldn't it be "awesome" for Cav to take the TDF Career Stage Win title away from Belgian Merckx while signed to a French team?

Quote Reply

Prev Next