Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So Cav isn't going to Bora? I know B&B gets a significant budgetary bump, but I didn't think they'd be a player for him.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Everything here is just speculation until he posts in on IG

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of like "its not real if its not on Strava?"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sort of, but since I don't use Strava, everything I do is "fiction"

"All Runners are Liars" - Bart Yasso
"Never trust a Cyclist" - Phil Liggett

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a satire account on Twitter (bota hansglohe) which posted cav to bora. Blew up pretty big and lots of people fell for it. Probably also got some media outlets.

Strava
Last edited by: Strobes27: Aug 15, 22 13:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:

I'm with you. No Strava and for me no social media except the forums.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Strobes27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strobes27 wrote:
There was a satire account on Twitter (bota hansglohe) which posted cav to bora. Blew up pretty big and lots of people fell for it. Probably also got some media outlets.

I heard it talked about in the media. I was unaware it was a joke!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:
RandMart wrote:

I'm with you. No Strava and for me no social media except the forums.

I only use Strava as a measuring tool for family bike rides

I post my artwork, bibs and #asseenonmyrun on IG

Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [fredericknorton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fredericknorton wrote:
if you want another kiss of death - i'm thinking sivakov is the best bet from ineos.
will ineos fully back anyone who won't be there next year?
i can't imagine anyone touching remco - especially if anyone rides with him a bit (yates? almeida? sivakov?) before he drops them to distance the farther down places.

i'm a big roglic fan also - if he makes it out of the first week - i think he could be a big factor. the very nervous first week of grand tours is for the lucky - i don't usually count roglic as lucky.

is the worlds road race winner in the Vuelta or maybe racing here in Baltimore and Canada?
as i'm backing bling Matthews (talk about kiss of death!?) - I'm hoping he's coming to Bmore.

Not seeing Primos or Remco as the GC guys this time around. Too explosive, too carpe stage-em. They just don't think 3 weeks out. Though Roglic can when he's on form but I think he's not.
Sivakov, yes. Maybe Kusstanza.

Strong field at Steamboat Gravel. Had some locals from here in the DC area finish with Terpstra, Stettina, et al. Nice amateur rides. Was that THE Chris Carmichael at 61 finishing in the front ish group?
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I work with SBT and was there, great weekend. And Carmichael rode but not sure which distance. Keegan Swenson is an absolute beast; he won Leadville the day before, and at SBT he and a few others closed an 8-9 minute gap lap in 30 miles, riding Terpstra off along the way. Kid has an insane motor. Women’s champ Lauren De Crescenzo is even more impressive.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not only that, but my understanding that the chasing group was mostly uncooperative and that he and maybe only a few other guys contributed to the chase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
I work with SBT and was there, great weekend. And Carmichael rode but not sure which distance. Keegan Swenson is an absolute beast; he won Leadville the day before, and at SBT he and a few others closed an 8-9 minute gap lap in 30 miles, riding Terpstra off along the way. Kid has an insane motor. Women’s champ Lauren De Crescenzo is even more impressive.

My nephew and his teammate (Ryan and McLoone) showed up 15 minutes before the start and fought their way to the front in the first 30 miles or so, then finished 27 and 29th. Amazing rides from two east coast knuckleheads, keeping that kind of company. They loved the race and the racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Was that THE Chris Carmichael at 61 finishing in the front ish group?

Kind of odd, if you search by name, it has him as 25th OA, 25th male on the black course. But the black course listings show someone else as 25th.

Chris is not my favorite person in cycling due the alleged practices he used on junior athletes back in the day. Maybe the athletes/parents were all lying in that lawsuit, though....
Last edited by: trail: Aug 16, 22 8:19
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that the Carmichael who was affiliated with Armstrong?

What was he alleged to have done with youth cyclists?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

My nephew and his teammate (Ryan and McLoone) showed up 15 minutes before the start and fought their way to the front in the first 30 miles or so, then finished 27 and 29th. Amazing rides from two east coast knuckleheads, keeping that kind of company. They loved the race and the racing.

That is awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turdburgler wrote:

He gave those youth cyclists (to whom he had a duty of care as he was coaching them) PEDs

Carmichael should have spent time in jail for child abuse and unauthorized practice of medicine. Just a grifter.

Quote:
IN 1990 KEVIN MONAHAN was one of Myerson’s competitors. While Myerson was winning his first local pro races and scaling back his dreams to focus on domestic racing, Monahan was preparing to compete in the junior world championships held in England for riders under the age of 18.

Several of Monahan’s teammates would later claim that three coaches—Rene Wenzel, Angus Fraser, and a third unnamed party (reportedly Chris Carmichael, who settled out-of-court)—tasked by the U.S. team to look after minors in Japan injected them with cortisone without their consent, later leading to heath problems. In 2006, USA Cycling paid Greg Strock and Erich Kaiter $250,000 to settle the suit.

Monahan was there, and the scene was his first introduction to syringes in the world of racing. While he wasn’t asked to join the lawsuit, he recalls the incident and an ensuing conversation with one of Wenzel’s lawyers.
Last edited by: echappist: Aug 16, 22 8:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:

As another DC area guy (for now)--was stoked to see Ryan and McLoone's finish places!!! Amazing rides is right
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
turdburgler wrote:

He gave those youth cyclists (to whom he had a duty of care as he was coaching them) PEDs

Carmichael should have spent time in jail for child abuse and unauthorized practice of medicine. Just a grifter.

Quote:

IN 1990 KEVIN MONAHAN was one of Myerson’s competitors. While Myerson was winning his first local pro races and scaling back his dreams to focus on domestic racing, Monahan was preparing to compete in the junior world championships held in England for riders under the age of 18.

Several of Monahan’s teammates would later claim that three coaches—Rene Wenzel, Angus Fraser, and a third unnamed party (reportedly Chris Carmichael, who settled out-of-court)—tasked by the U.S. team to look after minors in Japan injected them with cortisone without their consent, later leading to heath problems. In 2006, USA Cycling paid Greg Strock and Erich Kaiter $250,000 to settle the suit.

Monahan was there, and the scene was his first introduction to syringes in the world of racing. While he wasn’t asked to join the lawsuit, he recalls the incident and an ensuing conversation with one of Wenzel’s lawyers.

Wow. I'm surprised he's allowed to be involved in any capacity.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There's a point on Black course that people can turn off of it onto Blue, which is shorter. Looks like that's what he did but didn't tell timer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just saw Keagan's ride data from those wins. Amazing to see his level at altitude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
There's a point on Black course that people can turn off of it onto Blue, which is shorter. Looks like that's what he did but didn't tell timer.

I guess by this point, Carmichael and inability to be forthright goes together like bloodbags and needles.
Quote Reply
Re: **Spoilers** 2022 Cycling Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also, this is a bummer

No Benelux Tour for 2022, though it’s suppose to resume next year.

https://www.beneluxtour.eu/...ml?Article_ID=890238
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i saw that velonews article talking about his rides. several things I was wondering - how did the finish play out. it sure sounds like swenson has a 1300 watt sprint at the end of those two days of HUGE rides. whoa. i wonder if he also dialed it up from a little ways out?
and
I wonder how the final chase with terpstra and mcelveen et al went - it sure sounds like swenson was taking some huge pulls.

then i just saw a velonews article about whether he might pro tour ready/willing - basically what i was getting at. i'm guessing terpstra would know!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In an attempt to add some variety to our morning routine, I bought a package of Segafredo coffee

"Vivace
Notes of honey and blackberry, with chocolate hiding in the background of this medium roast. It’s not about playing loud; it’s about plucking the right string"

--- except I keep wanting to call it "TREK-Segafredo"

That is all, carry on

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How's the coffee?

I just heard from a mate that Nairoman tested positive for Tramadol twice during the TdF and is being sanctioned. I can't figure out what the sanctions are though and he is set to start the Vuelta.
Quote Reply

Prev Next