Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
i agree. and not starting Phil Gil was a good call. he's not one for team orders and this is Tom's show. Nicki could get a tactical win, but that's part of the game.

Gilbert would have been game. He pulled for GvA at the 2014 Worlds despite GvA being a bit off. The guy with a real track record for disobeying team orders is Stijn VdB (who could do well tmwr, btw).
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan on mech and 9000, not 9100, taking notes from fabian. I will say i agree with that, di2 does not handle crashes well and he has twice had issues at Roubaix. Sagan is mad, you can tell, GVA is probably too deep in the reserves at this point, and everybody will follow QS. Degenkolb is the biggest threat with Kristoff as a rider they have to get rid of. I think katusha will try an early move, QS will try to blow it apart early and get boonen into a break. Then in all comes down to mechanicals and staying upright.

Group sprint: degenkolb
Anything else: Sagan

Wild card: farrar
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

I like where your head's at, even if you're 3 days deep into a peyote session in a teepee out in Sedona. That's like 6 tiers past wildcard, and so deep into mathematical la-la land to find a plausible scenario where Farrar wins that Watson would start throwing circuit breakers and causing nationwide brownouts.

I'm not a Farrar-hater like some. He's had himself a long ProTour career and found his limits. And he's the sole American racing this year. But wow. Well played.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 8, 17 22:07
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

I like where your heads at, even if you're 3 days deep into a peyote session in a teepee out in Sedona. That's like 6 tiers past wildcard, and so deep into mathematical la-la land to find a plausible scenario where Farrar takes control of the velodrome that Watson would start throwing circuit breakers and causing brownouts.

I'm not a Farrar-hater like some,. He's had himself a ProTour career and found his limits. But wow.

He is the only american, have to give him a chance!! Farrar is like hausler, amazing talent but things never seem to work out. Dimension data only have farrar to support, who knows, he has good endurance and a great sprint, if everybody is watching QS he might just get away. I wonder what the betting odds are on him?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nbc gold picture quality is great but phil and paul are already at it. youtube live stream w eurosport audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ez4IhpHEV44

http://www.PatGriskusTri.com USAT Certified Race Director
2024 Races: USAT State of CT Age Group Championship/State of CT HS Champs/ CT Club Championship - Sat June 15th (Oly/Du/Sprint) Hopkins Vineyard Tri at Lake Waramaug Saturday July 13th http://www.HopkinsVineyardTri.com
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tyler has paid and paid for his on camera whining. Great career, American won stages in I think 3 gt's ? Rides this race well.
Would be cool to see him up there.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big tailwind and no break. I'm guessing we're going to see a favorite or 2 try to go long.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They just took the live stream down from YouTube. Anywhere else to watch it
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [ridenfish39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go straight to Tiz Cycling.
GvA in trouble, Terpstra out.
Welcome to Roubaix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thank you

Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Van Baarle is looking a lot like Hayman last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GvA doesnt look so good after all that chasing earlier
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you imagine how hard it must be when Boonen's on the front with that body language?

No.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Apr 9, 17 6:42
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No.

Degenkolb and Kristoff and Greipel and Damare still in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Greipel

that WOULD BE AWESOME

and Stybar!!!!!
Last edited by: dsmallwood: Apr 9, 17 6:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like about 15 guys with anything left and the rest waiting to get dropped.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haymaker time on Mons en Pavele
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cannondale is riding a nice race. Boone is either really locked and loaded and patient or is fading at 45 k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just not Sagan's day. Flats on both big moves as he's delivering body blows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Time for TB and PS to lay it out there. But this has GvA written all over it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stybar is in a good position too. He doesn't have to do anything with Boone behind
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Twilkas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is NBC Sports Gold working for anybody? It's been down all morning for me. Very frustrating to pay for this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GvA better push on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
GvA better push on.

indeed; looks good for Stybar and GvA, who probably had an "easier" last 10km
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bodner and Burghardt doing impressive work for Sagan today
Quote Reply

Prev Next