Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well shit... I spaced out on this. I now have 2 kids and we were in Florida all week.

This is "kollac" speaking btw.

Just watching the replay. At least slugging back Belgian beers at 9pm is OK vs. doing the same before lunch:D
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KBK picks
Kristoff
GvA
My homeboy Peto

WC: Groennewegen
Colbrelli
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [RoYe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RoYe wrote:
echappist wrote:
2 days left!

Also, who here wants to do a season-long pick'em series going from Het Nieuwsblad to Liege like we have done for 2015 and 2016? I need at least ten other participants before i'd organize it like I did previous years.

My personal picks:

Podium: Sagan, GvA, Vanmarcke
Wildcards: Benoot and Boonen

Holy Crap, I want your crystal ball!
Nice call
thanks :) still havent called a winner since 2015 Liege, I think

Ron_Burgundy wrote:
daveTDF wrote:
Amazing trio, not only held onto the lead, but stretched it! With a very tough chase group bearing down.

No tactics to analyze, GVA had the best legs. Game over.

Obviously most guys are coming off large training blocks (Sagan three weeks in the mountains) so not too much to glean. Sort of tacky to attack after the crash with 62 k's left. If Sagan can pull that much and still hang at the end after a huge training block he is going to be dangerous in a few weeks. You can always tell when guys have a lot of training fatigue, they just have no pop in their sprint. My guess is Sagan was truly using this as a training race, he was taking some massive pulls for no real reason. Even in the last few k's there was no reason to pull, the gap was close to a minute.
Agreed. Sagan did a lot of work initially before everyone else contributed at 40k to go
SailorSam wrote:
Well shit... I spaced out on this. I now have 2 kids and we were in Florida all week.

This is "kollac" speaking btw.

Just watching the replay. At least slugging back Belgian beers at 9pm is OK vs. doing the same before lunch:D

no worries, as it looks like we won't be having one this year due to low participation (8 ppl so far submitted picks). I guess it'll be s*** and giggle calls for the other races

I'm going Kristoff, Demare Sagan for KBK
Boonen and Moscon outsiders
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
...You can always tell when guys have a lot of training fatigue, they just have no pop in their sprint...

And their interviewing skills go all to hell: http://nos.nl/...a-tweede-plaats.html.
Last edited by: jstonebarger: Feb 26, 17 3:10
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heart that guy SO much

jstonebarger wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
...You can always tell when guys have a lot of training fatigue, they just have no pop in their sprint...

And their interviewing skills go all to hell: http://nos.nl/...a-tweede-plaats.html.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SEP!!!!!!
Nice seeing Cannondale up there. JV is quietly putting some pieces in place.
Do we still have You Tube for KBK today or do I have to do the dodge the pop up dance?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its on You Tube. What a wonderful world. I'm going with Kristoff as he has the Panzer with him now. A German Paolini.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Link?
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nvm found it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you link it?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ut1bgorMgo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THX!

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome how the front group came together. Good old fashion aggressive racing
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice to see Stuyven and Benoot in their. I am picking Trentin for the win.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Awesome how the front group came together. Good old fashion aggressive racing

Stuyven is smashing it. These 5 are all working. The chasers look gassed.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [jstonebarger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jstonebarger wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

I saw some criticism on this particular interview but you should take the context into consideration. Just seconds before, in the Sporza mobile studio, they were told that Sagan would not make it to the mobile studio for an interview because he was not feeling well. Supposedly, he also ran straight to the toilet right after the finish. So the information the journalist (Karl Van Nieuwkerke in the mobile studio, and Renaat Schotte at the podium) had received was not correct. That's where Schotte was asking Sagan about his health problems, trying to figure out what it was all about, but then Sagan wasn't quite sure what he was talking about.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
SEP!!!!!!
Nice seeing Cannondale up there. JV is quietly putting some pieces in place.
Do we still have You Tube for KBK today or do I have to do the dodge the pop up dance?
Good race from Sep. I think he will do well at Strade Bianche too.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
jstonebarger wrote:
Ron_Burgundy wrote:

I saw some criticism on this particular interview but you should take the context into consideration. Just seconds before, in the Sporza mobile studio, they were told that Sagan would not make it to the mobile studio for an interview because he was not feeling well. Supposedly, he also ran straight to the toilet right after the finish. So the information the journalist (Karl Van Nieuwkerke in the mobile studio, and Renaat Schotte at the podium) had received was not correct. That's where Schotte was asking Sagan about his health problems, trying to figure out what it was all about, but then Sagan wasn't quite sure what he was talking about.

I was just kidding. Sagan is a breath of fresh air, especially when he refuses to make excuses...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sagan is on another level... I don't understand WHY they take turns when he is in the group. F THAT... u are THAt strong then u pull and I take my chances on the final sprint or in 2-3k solo attack.

Fabian used to do the same but nobody pulled for him lol

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And this: gummy bears ftw?

http://cyclocosm.tumblr.com/post/157736992262/today-in-peter-sagan-does-weird-crapan-entire
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [LuisDF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuisDF wrote:
Sagan is on another level... I don't understand WHY they take turns when he is in the group. F THAT... u are THAt strong then u pull and I take my chances on the final sprint or in 2-3k solo attack.

Fabian used to do the same but nobody pulled for him lol

Perhaps playing the long game/ rope-a-dope. Hit'em hard when it really counts (Gent, Flanders, and P-R)
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

My understanding when I signed up was that I was taking advantage of special pricing that will go up later this year. The package lasts for a year. In my mind, it would be crazy of them to ask for $20 for a yearly fee then make me renew two months later. Crazier things have happened for sure.

I had emailed their support last week to ask about activation. They responded quickly. I just asked them if I have a year package. I'll message you their reply.

Thanks!

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So for $20 I can get all those races? Is this just like a killer deal, or is this something in a year I get charged $100 for it?

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brooks,

I just looked at the FAQs. I read it as all season. I don't think I would have signed up if there was any way to interpret my $20 fee as good til just before the Tour.

It says you pay for your subscription in advance of the covered subscription period.

I'm confused now so I'll wait til they reply.

Europeans and the Rest of the World: sorry for thread drift.

HOW MUCH DOES NBC SPORTS GOLD COST?
The introductory price is $29.99. However, the cost will vary depending on the sports package/pass that is purchased. NBC Sports Gold may offer discounted rates as the season and year progresses.
WHEN DOES MY NBC SPORTS GOLD SUBSCRIPTION END?
NBC Sports Gold subscriptions automatically renew each year or season using the billing method on file as stated in the terms of service –unless you cancel. You pay for your subscription in advance of the covered subscription period. The NBC Sports Gold Cycling Pass subscription period is July 02, 2016 – June 29, 2017.
HOW DO I CANCEL MY SUBSCRIPTION?

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply

Prev Next