Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ugh, Piti again

Martin again started from too far back, reminiscent of 2013 and 2014. He was 10 riders back with 200m to go, and moved up quite a bit. Should definitely have the strength to challenge for Liege, but strength really hasn't been as much of an issue as positioning has for him.

edit, and Piti had the temerity to emulate the Fleche arrowman salute. What an effing dirtbag
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 19, 17 7:56
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny, I was such a fan such a long time ago. now I shake my head and sigh. yea, I feel impressed .... but I mostly feel dirty.

sad state of affairs

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that was a groaner.

Woods had it played well too with Jelte-Slagter pulling him to the front at the perfect time. But Valverde's explosion just blew up the whole finale.

I wonder if DeMarchi had been a little stronger, if Jungels might have had a shot. Or if the teams have the radio communications so dialed in it wouldn't have mattered. Though it did look like about 3-4K out that a little bit of panic hit the field.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dsmallwood wrote:
funny, I was such a fan such a long time ago. now I shake my head and sigh. yea, I feel impressed .... but I mostly feel dirty.

sad state of affairs

HAHA, i agree that was a boring race, zero suspense, its almost like everybody just wanted to get it over with and let the inevitable happen. Remove race radios and that is a much more interesting race. I do think that race was made for him, a sprinter turned GC rider is perfect for this finish. Most climbers do not have the fast twitch composition Valverde has, thus he can make the initial move and nobody else can follow.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot the day. Just watched it. Zzzzzzzzz.

Bob of the Jungels looks like a young Terpstra. What a stud. He's got a Roubaix in his future. 24? Wow.

Rusty Woods is so damn strong. He's going to win once he gets crafty. Dan Martin had a good ride but he's always coming from off the lead when it would be great to be on Senor D Bag's wheel. Not easy.

But second to the big fat cheater bodes well.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
Rusty Woods is so damn strong.

Gah, Cannondale played it well with Slagter, Woods, and Uran all right there with 500m to go. Just lacked the explosive finish. I was pretty depressed by this team a few weeks ago, but now I think they'll be able to represent in the stage races - get some stage wins. Maybe place someone pretty high in GC.
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vaughters is slowly putting the pieces together, I think. They're not going to run out and sign a Gilbert, or stack things like Sky can, but they'll get quality guys who can get a stage here and there. Nice seeing that green in the front of races more and more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well they had a lot of green in the front a few years ago until it took too much green to keep him. So he went off to green it up elsewhere for more ;)
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [SailorSam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Martin, Calmejane, Wellens

dark horsey except for D Martin......

rationalization thread going on re the dynamic Valverde......can't go there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

i agree! nice to see 3 cannodales in the finale. woods ate a LOT of wind and was unable to handle the last surge. i have high hopes for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GVA, Kwiat, Martin
Izagirre, Slagter

LBL is always a tough call with some top guys tired and injured. I'm banking on GVA and Kwiat having enough left in the tank to pull it off. Who the hell knows about Valverde at this point.

On the women's side it's hard to bet against Boels Dolmans at this point:

Guarnier, van der Breggan, van Vleuten
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Go Megan! Would love to see that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who's Calmejean? Rigo?

I'm going with

Martin, Kwiatek, Rui Costa
Wellens and Bardet
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
GVA, Kwiat, Martin
Izagirre, Slagter

LBL is always a tough call with some top guys tired and injured. I'm banking on GVA and Kwiat having enough left in the tank to pull it off. Who the hell knows about Valverde at this point.

Guarnier has had a slow start to her season. I'd again put Niwiedoma in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
costa, kwiat, bardet

majka, pauwels
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My heart say Dan Martin, but my head say Valverde

res, non verba
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
who's Calmejean? Rigo?

I'm going with

Wellens and Bardet

Calmejane. A dark, very dark, French horse. Direct Energie.
Cannondale has a strong presence. Slagter. even Formolo but he might be a little frail for the argy bargy hill scrambles. Woods? Rigo Like A Wolf Uran Uran. Si Clarke?
I see Rui doing well. And Albasini (asterisk) and Barguil and Doumolin......Valnumbnuts, GVA......who knows?
LBL is a great race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
echappist wrote:
who's Calmejean? Rigo?

I'm going with

Wellens and Bardet

Calmejane. A dark, very dark, French horse. Direct Energie.
Cannondale has a strong presence. Slagter. even Formolo but he might be a little frail for the argy bargy hill scrambles. Woods? Rigo Like A Wolf Uran Uran. Si Clarke?
I see Rui doing well. And Albasini (asterisk) and Barguil and Doumolin......Valnumbnuts, GVA......who knows?
LBL is a great race.

change that to the past tense.

LBL hasn't been great since perhaps the late 00's.

First there was Vino's shady dealing with Kolobnev, then the rampaging Gilbert whose season seemed too good to be true, and then that dumbass Iglinski. We got one year worth of reprieve with Dan Martin, though even that edition was pretty damned boring as no action happened until St. Nicholas. Then we have the arch-wheelsucker Gerrans winning what was essentially a 30-man dash up the hill to Ans, and a similar deal the year following. We had a 4-person sprint last year, but once again, final move within the last 5 miles. At a time when Flanders and Roubaix continue to be interesting from 50 kms out, this race has turned into a slightly more interesting version of the old Amstel. Sigh...

They should change the course back to the days when it ended on the streets of Liege, on flat grounds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, so aside from the riders and the course, it's a great race.....

I'm thinking it's going to be entertaining. I'm enjoying (what I believe to be) a much cleaner peloton and the somewhat less dramatic, more subtle team racing that ensues. Although the 36 year olds who hide all day and then still pop everyone have me a little miffed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
getting NOTHING on any of the Steephill feeds... what am I doing wrong?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: *Spoilers* 2017 Spring Classics thread *Spoilers* [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Tiz on Youtube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where is the live feed?
McNulty wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Tiz on Youtube

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:
OK, so aside from the riders and the course, it's a great race.....

I'm thinking it's going to be entertaining. I'm enjoying (what I believe to be) a much cleaner peloton and the somewhat less dramatic, more subtle team racing that ensues. Although the 36 year olds who hide all day and then still pop everyone have me a little miffed.

Is this Gerro or Piti we are talking about?

Jest aside, how is the peloton 5 min back at the bottom of La Redoubte? This may be close
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
trail wrote:
GVA, Kwiat, Martin
Izagirre, Slagter

Guarnier has had a slow start to her season. I'd again put Niwiedoma in there.

I'd have had 3/5 if I'd listened! I have to have at least one sentimental pick each time, though. Otherwise I'd just be cutting and pasting oddsmaker picks. And Guarnier still did quite well.
Last edited by: trail: Apr 23, 17 7:04
Quote Reply

Prev Next