Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got my p5 two days ago went to start building it up. Seat post bolt in the frame was cross threaded at the factory. Couldn't even get it out of the frame. I'll have to take it back on Saturday. The bike looks amazing just sucks had to deal with this before I can build it up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Didn't really mean as a Reply To but wasn't sure where to stick my foot in this door so I chose Damon......

! have been jealous of this thread since the day it was started. I knew there was no way I'd ever get to say I have a P5......but I have a story.

2 nights ago there was a knock at my door. A little late - pretty close to bedtime. I answered the door in my boxers and there's Dave Mirra's wife and daughters with some muffins they made. Ok, so they came all the way over for some muffins. Interesting. I let them in and we are all chilling for a few minutes and then Dave rolls up through the door with his P5 and says, "Here, man. Enjoy!"

I'm still totally beside myself. Who does that?! The bike is for sure awesome, but the friendship we've built is priceless. What a role model, a great dad, phenomenal athlete, and my friend.

Oh, and don't worry. He's still a P5 rider too.

I also posted this on the "post a pic of your ride" thread because I just can't help myself......

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats dude it's a sick bike I can't wait to ride it.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ludlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ludlaw wrote:
My understanding is that you can charge via the junction box only with the seatpost battery.

That is true.

I got bored of removing the battery to charge it, so I recently swapped out the SM-BTR1 which my P5 came with for the seat post version, SM-BTR2.
I didn't install it in the seat post but, on advice of LBS who supplied the bike, in the bottom bracket / down tube area after wrapping the battery in bubblewrap.
I'll upload pics of the process if that's helpful.

---
Shewey

When you open up a can of whoopass, always make sure it's a large one
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is too awesome...congrats and enjoy!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [qngo01] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon and for all P5 owners with Zipp Super-9 Carbon Clincher,

I'm looking to purchase this disc wheel but I wanted to make sure there are no rubbing issues against the frame.

I currently have an 808 and clearance is perfect.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ironman23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No problem at all with the super9 CC disc.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jensentri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a question for Cervelo.

Is this normal wear and tear or a warranty issue? Either way...no customer service in Taiwan.

Ah, it seems quite a few steps are necessary to post a pic. Basically, the surface of the armrest pads have become unglued and are loose and lumpy on the top of the bars creating pressure points on my arms as I ride.

The bike was purchased in October 2013. Better still, the official distributor for Cervelo in Taiwan (Kingstone) doesn't even stock these items AND won't order them. Same with 3T. Great...sell an expensive product and fail to offer even basic after sales support. It's one of the few contact points between rider and bike and one would think the distributor in Taiwan would have a little more common sense. I'm absolutely FLOORED they refuse to help at all even to order these and sell them to me. One would think they would like to make money, but given their track record on other things, customer service/sales does not seem to be their strength.

Whether by warranty replacement or purchase, Cervelo, how would you suggest that I get new ones? I will be in Toronto and Mt Tremblant for the WC from Sept 2-4 Toronto, 4-8 Mt Tremblant.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Darren325] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:
I have a question for Cervelo.

Is this normal wear and tear or a warranty issue? Either way...no customer service in Taiwan.

Ah, it seems quite a few steps are necessary to post a pic. Basically, the surface of the armrest pads have become unglued and are loose and lumpy on the top of the bars creating pressure points on my arms as I ride.

The bike was purchased in October 2013. Better still, the official distributor for Cervelo in Taiwan (Kingstone) doesn't even stock these items AND won't order them. Same with 3T. Great...sell an expensive product and fail to offer even basic after sales support. It's one of the few contact points between rider and bike and one would think the distributor in Taiwan would have a little more common sense. I'm absolutely FLOORED they refuse to help at all even to order these and sell them to me. One would think they would like to make money, but given their track record on other things, customer service/sales does not seem to be their strength.

Whether by warranty replacement or purchase, Cervelo, how would you suggest that I get new ones? I will be in Toronto and Mt Tremblant for the WC from Sept 2-4 Toronto, 4-8 Mt Tremblant.

Just order them direct. I did. http://store.3tcycling.com/.../aduro-pads-139.html For that price, why not order 2?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I needed those too.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NP. I think it's the cheapest part of the bike! :o
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CanadianStekare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Canadianstekare!

Still find it quite ridiculous that the official Cervelo distributor cannot be bothered to stock $13 parts that are a normal wear and tear item.

Shipped them to my mom's house in Canada...hopefully they arrive before the WCs, or at least before I return to Taiwan! Ahhhh...could all be academic at that point anyhow given that I'm transporting my bike from Taipei to Toronto. We shall see how the Scicon Aero TT bag works out....and hopefully all the boys at EVA Airlines are having a good day when this monster of a bag rolls up to them!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Darren325 wrote:

Still find it quite ridiculous that the official Cervelo distributor cannot be bothered to stock $13 parts that are a normal wear and tear item.

Just because its cheap cervelo should now stock other companies parts in their distributor? Should scott carry replacement profile design parts because that's the aerobar they spec? What you're asking may seem simple but is probably trickier than you think from a corporate/legal/contracting point of view. Not to mention, let 3T deal with 3T parts and replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
Darren325 wrote:

Just because its cheap cervelo should now stock other companies parts in their distributor? Should scott carry replacement profile design parts because that's the aerobar they spec? What you're asking may seem simple but is probably trickier than you think from a corporate/legal/contracting point of view. Not to mention, let 3T deal with 3T parts and replacement.

Uhm.....I should point out that cervelo and 3t have the same distributor in Taiwan so this really is not rocket science for them.

In addition, as a matter of fact, when I had an issue with my Scott factory specced ritchey seat post on my old Scott foil, Scott was able to take care of it immediately.

In a world where the differences between superbikes come down to preferences, cervelo ought to figure out that service and support are as important as the fractional differences in aero they trumpet. Pretty tired of my p5 because of all the service issues I've had with it abs the hassle to get the distributor to address them. Scott on the other hand.....two foils that were victims of Taiwanese drivers and now an addict team issue... Very compelling reasons to put a plasma in my house when the time comes. No love for cervelo from me despite the fact I like the bike......everything else has not been so pleasant.
Last edited by: Darren325: Aug 27, 14 4:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More drama with this P5 and Taiwan's Cervelo Distributor.

When I bought the bike, I had several issues with the 3T aerobar and Rotor crank on the bike. Cervelo's Taiwan distributor took the bike back to their workshop in Taiwan over the winter to replace the bar and work on the crank. I broke my leg in January and didn't ride over the winter and limited riding in the spring.

This week, prior to taking the bike to compete in the 70.3 WCs, I had the bike into my shop for maintenance. It's the only shop I have ever taken the bike too ever. I know the owner as a friend and have the same relationship with the mechanic who worked on the bike. I know if they had damaged the bike in any way they would own up to it. However, when I took the bike in for service I notice a "shiny" reflection on the carbon directly underneath the crank on the chain stay. I figured it was probably sports drink.

However, it is a VERY poor paint job covering up some sort of damage. I doubt too that it was just a scratch from a tool, as the terrible paint job is obviously very bad, and yet whoever did it thinks the paint job is less obvious than whatever damage they are trying to cover up.

Cervelo/Kingstone in Taiwan are terrible representatives for the brand, so I am forced to make a direct appeal to Cervelo/Damon Rinaud through this public forum. I know that any of us who had this kind of damage and deceit from the bike's importer would be justifiably upset and I look forward to solving this.

Here is a photo that gives some extent of the damage. The shot was take parallel to the BB and is looking at the chain stay through the crank arm of the durace crank.

[URL=http://s147.photobucket.com/...ia/IMAG0309.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious how you are just now seeing this if you think it is the fault of Cervelo/Distributor. That would seem pretty obvious from day one if there was a "cover up" scheme coming from them. Did those cranks and chain rings come with the bike? Mine are Rotor/Rotor, although I replaced the cranks with Rotor PM.

By the way, I have an abrasion in the same place - it came from my chain coming off. I didn't realize that my front derailleur was apparently hit while traveling and was slightly off of adjustment....just on of those things that happens.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Last edited by: david: Aug 29, 14 8:11
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply David. If it is just abrasion from the chain, then that's completely fine with me. My first priority is establishing that it is only cosmetic damage; second is if there is anyone at fault, then I feel they should take responsibility.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Darren325,

I think David may be on to something. If I had to guess at what this was (without the context you provided) I would assume that it was an attempt to cover up cosmetic damage from dropping chains or 'chain suck.' However, it would be strange as I assume you would have been aware of the chain damage and subsequent touch-up.

Did I read correctly that you are attending 70.3 Worlds at Tremblant next week? If so, perhaps we can meet up in person and look at your P5.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,
Can you tell me which set up ( assuming pad reach and height was identical) would have less drag: The low V with several headset spacers or the high V with less or no spacers?

thanks for the feedback,
Jerry

Jerry
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [swimdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jerry,

Our testing shows spacer and V are aero-neutral, so maybe let your basebar height preferences be your guide.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello David,

Thank you for your reply. Your explanation and the one from another member makes sense to me. The chain has come off the bike; the odd thing, however, is after really checking the frame then, I/and my shop, did not see any damage. This was visible in the sunlight one day while I was swimming...that's how I initially noticed it.

I will be in Mt. Tremblant next weekend...getting ready to head out for my last ride here in Taiwan and head home/to the race for a couple of weeks. It would be great to meet with you regardless of the frame! (I promise if it doesn't let me down this event I will finally bond with this bike.....it's been a rocky start to our relationship!)
i'm not sure yet of my phone number in mt tremblant, but I can be found here or PM you my FB link!

All the best.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks...That is exactly the info I was looking for.
Jerry

Jerry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello David,

Cervelo's website isn't displaying the P5-3 as an option. Is this a user error, glitch, or is the P5-3 no longer an option?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreatScott,

We are not continuing with the P5 Three option. 99.9% of P5 riders are using them for Triathlon and since the P3 is a really good UCI legal option, there didn't seem to be room left for the P5 Three. That said, some retailers might still have that bike in stock.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or get a p5-6 and order a non-matching p3 fork to go with it ;)
Quote Reply

Prev Next