Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Nick Kanwetz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick - any guidelines for swim/run volume and intensity when doing sweet spot base? I'm used to doing 10-12 SBR hours during the offseason, and generally:

Tueasday is harder run
Thursday harder bike (2*20, etc)
Weekend - longer bike/run.
Easier workouts sprinkled throughout, mostly Z2 + masters swimming.

I found that intensity spacing on Tuesday/Thursday + longer weekend helps me stay consistent and avoid overtraining.

I am excited to give sweet spot base a try since my FTP gains have leveled off in the past few years, however I'm a bit cautious about the intensity. Should I scale swim and run volume back while focusing on sweet spot on the bike?
Last edited by: Anton84: Nov 14, 16 11:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New to TR, but enjoying it so far thank you.

Use it with my Tacx Neo; the ability to programme wattage workouts is very appealing to me, I tend to use a garmin to record data and an IPad Air2 to 'control' the turbo. Obviously I can't create workouts on the iOS platform, but when I open TR on my PC for this purpose it seems to need me to subscribe to Adobe Air. Is this right?

Cheers,

Russ
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chad, in a change from all the people asking about how to fill out all the extra weeks they have until their race almost 9 months away, I've got a big TT in 15 weeks (thank you early season stage races) and need to figure out how to get the max bang/week until then. This is a relatively short and flat race, ~12 miles for ~23mins.

I've already been spending a bit of time doing some maintenance work (2x20 SS), and will want to be doing the full 40kTT (with some modifications to the longer TT simulations) buildup. That leaves me 6 weeks to work with :)

Do you think doing the full SSB II and then jumping in straight to the 40kTT will be too harsh? Or would would you recommend 2 weeks of SSB II first, then either the first half (wk1-4), or 2nd half (wk5-8) of the SPB to build things up a bit more?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadtimmerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the clarification Chad! Another question related to plan choice. I'm doing my first full distance race in 30 weeks and planning to start the full distance base-build-speciality combo in a week or so. When looking at my volume options, I'm divided between low/mid. As for the low volume I feel that the swim and especially run amounts are quite low and don't believe I would gain very much. Then the mid volume plan problem is the friday night cycling which I wont be able to fit in to my schedule. So would you recommend

a) stick with the low volume plan
b) take the mid volume plan and skip the friday cycling session
c) take the mid volume plan and do the friday cycling in place of thursday session
d) Something else?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
Nick - any guidelines for swim/run volume and intensity when doing sweet spot base? I'm used to doing 10-12 SBR hours during the offseason, and generally:

Tueasday is harder run
Thursday harder bike (2*20, etc)
Weekend - longer bike/run.
Easier workouts sprinkled throughout, mostly Z2 + masters swimming.

I found that intensity spacing on Tuesday/Thursday + longer weekend helps me stay consistent and avoid overtraining.

I am excited to give sweet spot base a try since my FTP gains have leveled off in the past few years, however I'm a bit cautious about the intensity. Should I scale swim and run volume back while focusing on sweet spot on the bike?

Hi Anton,

If this is a noticeable increase in training volume, it's best to keep things conservative and increase your swim/run volume if you find you can handle the stress (and if you think you need it). But if you're simply looking to maintain swimming form and running durability, you can do it on surprisingly little time devoted to each during your SSB bike training.

Just pay attention to your pace, both in the water and while running, in order to monitor any declines, but 1-2 days/week is often all it takes to keep things stable.

And you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see some of your improved steady-state power trickle down to your run performance as well. ;)

Head Coach at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Last edited by: chadtimmerman: Nov 15, 16 5:11
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tgoguely] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tgoguely wrote:
Chad, in a change from all the people asking about how to fill out all the extra weeks they have until their race almost 9 months away, I've got a big TT in 15 weeks (thank you early season stage races) and need to figure out how to get the max bang/week until then. This is a relatively short and flat race, ~12 miles for ~23mins.

I've already been spending a bit of time doing some maintenance work (2x20 SS), and will want to be doing the full 40kTT (with some modifications to the longer TT simulations) buildup. That leaves me 6 weeks to work with :)

Do you think doing the full SSB II and then jumping in straight to the 40kTT will be too harsh? Or would would you recommend 2 weeks of SSB II first, then either the first half (wk1-4), or 2nd half (wk5-8) of the SPB to build things up a bit more?

Hi,

Nothing wrong at all with transitioning directly from SSB II to 40k TT. That latter half of the SSB phase is an excellent inroad to the work you'll face in the time trial plan - VO2max work and slightly suprathreshold efforts (basically higher- and lower-end aerobic power efforts). And yep, shorten up those end-of-week TT's as planned since they're aimed at someone targeting twice the distance you'll face; Lola and Lolita spring to mind. Best of luck!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [elouel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elouel wrote:
Thank you for the clarification Chad! Another question related to plan choice. I'm doing my first full distance race in 30 weeks and planning to start the full distance base-build-speciality combo in a week or so. When looking at my volume options, I'm divided between low/mid. As for the low volume I feel that the swim and especially run amounts are quite low and don't believe I would gain very much. Then the mid volume plan problem is the friday night cycling which I wont be able to fit in to my schedule. So would you recommend

a) stick with the low volume plan
b) take the mid volume plan and skip the friday cycling session
c) take the mid volume plan and do the friday cycling in place of thursday session
d) Something else?

Thanks!

Hi again,

It's necessary to surpass your current training stress if you're bent on improving, and who isn't?

So if the bike volume is sufficient in the lower-volume plan then either increase the run/swim workouts along the lines of what you see in the mid-volume plan. Alternatively, use the mid-volume plan and decrease the volume where necessary to match your training availability and necessary areas of focus. As long as you get the key bike workouts in, the rest is gravy - only worthwhile if the addition has positive training effects.

In any case, don't get too locked into a plan's structure, but instead focus on what about the plan works and tweak what doesn't.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick Kanwetz wrote:
lassekk wrote:
Hi trainerroad:
Beeen using your software for the last 10 weeks and it has been incredible! I have however 2 short questions:

1) Going from a Bkool trainer+TR to Bkool+Powermeter(power2max) and bkool. I noticed my power fluctuates ALOT more, i guess it is due to a lot slower adjustment as it has to go through an extra link (powermeter), is there however something i can do to improve responsiveness or is that just how it is with powermeter?

2) I'm finishing the "half iron distance low volume" base plan this week. What would be the next logical step? I have 38 weeks till my A race, Full ironman (20 aug) and 29 weeks untill B event (half iron distance). In between those two events i figured i would do the specialty plan, or parts of it). But starting build now seems waaay to early!
Should i
a) Do half iron distance base mid vol
b) Do full distance low/mid vol
c) move to build (which i guess i should not
d) do a block of sweet spot to further cultivate fitness?

Glad to hear you're digging it!

1) One advantage of electronic trainers is how they keep your power exceptionally smooth. However, using a power meter provides a far more sensitive means of measuring power, and it's reflected in your power readings appearing 'jumpier'. Although your power readings appear to be more volatile, this is actually a more representative display of your actual fluctuations in power. You can enable our power smoothing feature to display a rolling average of your power. While your power will appear to be more smooth, you'll still be getting the exact same benefits from your PM. You can adjust power smoothing settings in the 'settings' tab of the apps.

2) Since you have 38 weeks 'til your A event and 28 'til your B event, and you're preparing for an ultra-endurance event, you'll benefit most from completing another Base phase before moving onto your Build. This will give you some more time to further establish and build on your foundation of fitness as well as cultivate endurance and cycling skills to set you up for the rest of your season.

You mentioned you were on the low-volume half-distance plan, so I assume you're on a bit of a time-crunch. If you want to stick to the low-volume, I think a great option would be to mix things up with Sweet Spot Base and continue to use your swim and run instructions that you've been using in your Half-distance Base plan. That would pepper in some intensity to further build your fitness. If you go this route, you can follow it with either the low-volume half- or full-distance Build and Specialty.

If you feel comfortable moving up to a mid-volume plan, going forward with the mid-volume full-distance plan (starting with Base) from here is another great option. This would also be more in-line with your goal event and would have you fresh for August.

Either option will be timed to have you at peak fitness for your Ironman, and you can substitute your B event for one of your workouts in your Specialty plan.

Hope this helps, and Happy Training!

Hi Nick, thank you for getting back to me!
Not a time crunch per se, but i do not see myself doing more than 3 bike workouts per week (tues/thurs and sat or sun), thus the low volume plan. Sweet Spot i will definetily think about. (then go low vol half/full build/specialty).
You also mention i could go Full distance mid vol. , would it make any sense now to go full distance low vol now? or would it be better to do the 2 blocks of sweetspot base? My reason for asking is that the sweet spot base workout lenghts are around 60/60/90 minutes. While the low vol full distance incorporates longer workout (which might be hell on the trainer), or should i not worry about endurance/lenght untill later in the season?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chadtimmerman wrote:
tgoguely wrote:

Hi,

Nothing wrong at all with transitioning directly from SSB II to 40k TT. That latter half of the SSB phase is an excellent inroad to the work you'll face in the time trial plan - VO2max work and slightly suprathreshold efforts (basically higher- and lower-end aerobic power efforts). And yep, shorten up those end-of-week TT's as planned since they're aimed at someone targeting twice the distance you'll face; Lola and Lolita spring to mind. Best of luck!

Perfect, thanks Chad. Do you recommend bumping up the Lolita workout to 105% as well to simulate the power targets of my shorter race as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tgoguely wrote:
chadtimmerman wrote:
tgoguely wrote:

Hi,

Perfect, thanks Chad. Do you recommend bumping up the Lolita workout to 105% as well to simulate the power targets of my shorter race as well?

Very welcome. And yeah, anything you can do to simulate your race/intentions is a good idea.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick general question about TR plans, is it possible to schedule them in advance (I saw there is the ability to back-date them), say for example if I want to start a plan next week? And then the next one to start in 7 weeks? Can I go in and put them all in my "calendar" so to speak right now?

Also, is it possible to shift the entire plan layout over? So for example the SSB2 plans have the main workouts on Tues/Thurs/Sat, but I would like to shift that to Mon/Wed/Fri. Is that possible? Or do I have to manually pick the workout for the following day each time so effectively shift them all over?

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere in previous 120+ pages, but the search functionality is lacking...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey chad,

i've made incredible improvements to my cycling prowess over the past year using TR. ftp went from 180->245 since february using a ssb1 -> half distance build -> half distance specialty-> [race] -> traditional base 1 (3 weeks) -> sufferfest (3 weeks) -> sustained power build (4 weeks) -> 40k tt (4 weeks) -> [race] -> half distance specialty (3 weeks) -> [race]. for most of the plans i've been using the high volume versions. i've been making the plans fit for the timelines i had between the races i cared about.

now that my season is finally over, i want to focus on my run until february since i went and did something silly and signed up for a full marathon. i plan on following the barryp method so i'm going to be running 6 days a week. i've currently been running 4 to 5 but I plan on doubling my volume over the coming weeks. what plan would you recommend to minimize the amount of lost cycling fitness. i have no problem with volume.

thanks!
Last edited by: jazzymusicman: Nov 15, 16 18:06
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [esox.flucius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
esox.flucius wrote:
New to TR, but enjoying it so far thank you.

Use it with my Tacx Neo; the ability to programme wattage workouts is very appealing to me, I tend to use a garmin to record data and an IPad Air2 to 'control' the turbo. Obviously I can't create workouts on the iOS platform, but when I open TR on my PC for this purpose it seems to need me to subscribe to Adobe Air. Is this right?

Cheers,

Russ

Welcome aboard!

The new versions of our apps on Window and Mac have moved away from Adobe AIR, but the workout creator still requires AIR to be downloaded. We plan on moving away from this in the future, but we aren't sure when that will be just yet. :)

In the meantime, you'll need to have Adobe AIR downloaded to create your custom workouts on the TR Custom Workout Creator.

Feel free to let us know at support@trainerroad.com if you run into any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [lassekk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lassekk wrote:
Hi Nick, thank you for getting back to me!
Not a time crunch per se, but i do not see myself doing more than 3 bike workouts per week (tues/thurs and sat or sun), thus the low volume plan. Sweet Spot i will definetily think about. (then go low vol half/full build/specialty).
You also mention i could go Full distance mid vol. , would it make any sense now to go full distance low vol now? or would it be better to do the 2 blocks of sweetspot base? My reason for asking is that the sweet spot base workout lenghts are around 60/60/90 minutes. While the low vol full distance incorporates longer workout (which might be hell on the trainer), or should i not worry about endurance/lenght untill later in the season?

Most welcome!

I like the idea of Sweet Spot since it'll diversify your base training a bit from what you just completed in the Half-Distance Base. And SSB is also known as a highly effective training block that often results in substantial gains in the 3.5 hr/week (for low-volume) span it requires. The longer weekend rides required in the Full-distance plans are certainly beneficial to allow for further aerobic endurance adaptation, but if you're worried that time won't let you get them-in stick to the Sweet Spot Base plan then move forward with your Full- or Half-distance Build/Specialty. If weather permits, you can always get the same type of tempo/sweet spot work done on an outdoor ride with your buddies.

Cheers,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been wondering the same thing about shifting day of the week for the entire plan. Thanks for asking so I don't have to remember
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [velox canis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello ST tech Gurus !

I'm just coming back to TR after a period away, and have noticed the PC software has changed. All good !

However I'm struggling with one thing -

I'm sure on the "old" software there was a way you could arrange workouts in time or TSS order to make selection easier but I'm damned if I can find it on the "new" software.

I'm looking for an easy 90 minute recovery ride tonight and don't really want to have to scroll through them all.

This is probably a really basic / stupid question but I'm a complete buffoon with technology :-) !

Thanks

LG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tgoguely wrote:
Quick general question about TR plans, is it possible to schedule them in advance (I saw there is the ability to back-date them), say for example if I want to start a plan next week? And then the next one to start in 7 weeks? Can I go in and put them all in my "calendar" so to speak right now?

Also, is it possible to shift the entire plan layout over? So for example the SSB2 plans have the main workouts on Tues/Thurs/Sat, but I would like to shift that to Mon/Wed/Fri. Is that possible? Or do I have to manually pick the workout for the following day each time so effectively shift them all over?

Apologies if this has already been answered somewhere in previous 120+ pages, but the search functionality is lacking...

You won't be able to schedule the TR plans in advance. We thought this would be wise in case anything hinders getting your plan done/starting on time. :)

The plans are fixed on their days. We found this to be a better way to keep your progress in-line with the demands of the training plan. But you don't have to manually pick them each day — you can simply select the workout in your plan-view and complete it any day you'd like. So, say your workout is scheduled for Tuesday and you'd like to complete it on Monday. When your plan is open, select the Tuesday workout and it''ll pop right up allowing you to execute it on Monday. We like it because you don't have to be constantly fighting a calendar.

We do have plans to build a full-blown calendar, but we find this layout to make following a training plan really easy. It allows you to seamlessly see what work you need to do and what work you've done. We'll keep every up-to-speed with progress on a calendar feature. :)

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [lagazelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lagazelle wrote:
Hello ST tech Gurus !

I'm just coming back to TR after a period away, and have noticed the PC software has changed. All good !

However I'm struggling with one thing -

I'm sure on the "old" software there was a way you could arrange workouts in time or TSS order to make selection easier but I'm damned if I can find it on the "new" software.

I'm looking for an easy 90 minute recovery ride tonight and don't really want to have to scroll through them all.

This is probably a really basic / stupid question but I'm a complete buffoon with technology :-) !

Thanks

LG

Hey man! Welcome back. :)

When you're on the 'Workouts' tab of the app viewing 'All', look towards the right-hand corner of the screen and you'll see a small filter icon between the refresh icon and search field. Click that and you'll be able to sort workouts by durations, zones and intensities.

Let us know if you run into any issues!

Cheers,

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Coolio !

Cheers dude :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
hey chad,

i've made incredible improvements to my cycling prowess over the past year using TR. ftp went from 180->245 since february using a ssb1 -> half distance build -> half distance specialty-> [race] -> traditional base 1 (3 weeks) -> sufferfest (3 weeks) -> sustained power build (4 weeks) -> 40k tt (4 weeks) -> [race] -> half distance specialty (3 weeks) -> [race]. for most of the plans i've been using the high volume versions. i've been making the plans fit for the timelines i had between the races i cared about.

now that my season is finally over, i want to focus on my run until february since i went and did something silly and signed up for a full marathon. i plan on following the barryp method so i'm going to be running 6 days a week. i've currently been running 4 to 5 but I plan on doubling my volume over the coming weeks. what plan would you recommend to minimize the amount of lost cycling fitness. i have no problem with volume.

thanks!

Excellent work!

Since you'd like to dedicate most of your focus to running but still would like to preserve the cycling fitness you've established, Traditional Base would be a great approach. Stress levels will already be high, and further intensity would likely not be productive. Trad Base would allow for the maintenance of aerobic development in those muscular fibers lending to your cycling fitness, yet still allow the ability for further progress in your running-specific muscles and energy systems.

I assume you'll also be starting another bike brick in February as well, so this approach will only further establish those crucial aerobic adaptations and strength foundations seen in base phases.

Hope this helps — happy training! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys-

Some questions about following these plans through a full cycle. First, this is the best monthly recurring charge on my credit card bill. It's an incredible value. You guys rock.

1. Just finished SSB (mid-volume), except I did the rides outside on the weekends, and that means a lot more time in L3/L4 than the plan called for, and generally higher TSS scores. What effect does this have on development? In other words, if I spend 2:30 at RI of.85 rather than .65, is that compromising my recovery such that I'd be getting faster by staying indoors and not working quite so hard but for longer? [Due to a low w/kg ratio, it's hard to stay in zone 2 outside on anything other than pancake-flat terrain. I am in my recovery week now, and pretty grateful for it.] The plans resulted in a 20% increase in 1-hr power despite feeling like I had plateaued (and was fatigued) in the last couple of weeks. Would I be better off without that extra work and more z2 time?

2. The logical thing to do next is a general build for 8 weeks (trying hi-vol) to see what happens. After that 8 weeks, if I don't have a scheduled event, should I be (a) repeating a build phase; (b) repeating a 4-6 week block of SSB (perhaps hi-vol if I can stand it), then build again; or (c) continuing directly from build to specialty and then back to base? [seems to me that specialty (although fun) really should be saved for when there's something on the calendar -- race, gran fondo, tri, etc -- because it creates a peak].

TIA for any insights.

owner: world's tightest psoas (TM)
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I use an IPhone, and get the ANT+ stuff needed, any reason I can't use outside with a Garmin Vector set up, in the exact same fashion I would on the trainer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,
I’m a 45 year old triathlete in my second year of using TrainerRoad. It’s my favourite training tool and it helped me reach an FTP of 317W in my first year of cycling. I’m an avid listener of the Podcast and you guys are the high point of my 50 mile work commute with each episode getting at least 2 listens. 5 Stars for sure, for both the entertainment value and the awesome training advice and information!

I’ve signed up for Ironman Wales in September 2017 which has a notoriously hilly bike course. I have completed a Half Ironman this year in a 5Hr 22min total time so I have some basic endurance abilities but I have a question on how to push this out to Ironman distances and also train for a very hilly course. It’s winter here in the UK so I’m resolutely not going outdoors until the spring, preferring to sit in the garage on my Kickr with TrainerRoad.
My current early winter cycling training involves a mix of sweetspot intervals, occasional VO2 max spikes and weekly longer easy efforts circa 3 hours.
I have read in the description of Coggan’s Power zones that Zone 1 is “too low in and of itself to induce significant physiological adaptations.” Does this mean that to achieve any benefit from the long, easy, endurance riding I need to sit in Zone 2 power all the time? Does it logically follow from this that being in the upper end of Zone 2 will be significantly better than riding at the lower end of Zone 2? Is there any risk or downside to this?

Also, when climbing I currently tend to rely on a fast spin in a lower gear. Would using high resistance and low cadence (60rpm) be a useful training tool to help me with the hilly IM Wales course?

Thanks for your help. Keep up the great work.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [rumpole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rumpole wrote:
Hi guys-

Some questions about following these plans through a full cycle. First, this is the best monthly recurring charge on my credit card bill. It's an incredible value. You guys rock.

1. Just finished SSB (mid-volume), except I did the rides outside on the weekends, and that means a lot more time in L3/L4 than the plan called for, and generally higher TSS scores. What effect does this have on development? In other words, if I spend 2:30 at RI of.85 rather than .65, is that compromising my recovery such that I'd be getting faster by staying indoors and not working quite so hard but for longer? [Due to a low w/kg ratio, it's hard to stay in zone 2 outside on anything other than pancake-flat terrain. I am in my recovery week now, and pretty grateful for it.] The plans resulted in a 20% increase in 1-hr power despite feeling like I had plateaued (and was fatigued) in the last couple of weeks. Would I be better off without that extra work and more z2 time?

2. The logical thing to do next is a general build for 8 weeks (trying hi-vol) to see what happens. After that 8 weeks, if I don't have a scheduled event, should I be (a) repeating a build phase; (b) repeating a 4-6 week block of SSB (perhaps hi-vol if I can stand it), then build again; or (c) continuing directly from build to specialty and then back to base? [seems to me that specialty (although fun) really should be saved for when there's something on the calendar -- race, gran fondo, tri, etc -- because it creates a peak].

TIA for any insights.

Howdy,

Glad to have you training with us!

1) Our Head Coach, Chad Timmerman clued me in on a good deal of information on this that'll help. Basically, more time in L3/L4(sweet spot) means more time your body relies on sugar for fuel, compared to that at L2(endurance) riding. More time burning sugar means the quicker your muscles will fatigue — meaning your rides would likely end up shorter and/or you need more sugar intake before/during your ride. Going beyond that, residual fatigue from those harder workouts will be greater which could affect you on later workouts. So, this ultimately comes down to what you're trying to get out of your workouts.

He said if you're looking to increase muscle endurance (highly anaerobic/sugar-burning in nature) more than aerobic endurance (highly fat-burning) then this can work, but these rides have to be far more limited in volume than endurance L2 work. Essentially, if you continue to turn L2 workouts into L3L/4 workouts the fatigue will catch up with you. Since a lot of the same aerobic benefit is still there, you're still going to benefit from this type of training. It's just cut with a lot of anaerobic work as well. But the deciding factor is the goal of your training. Focus on lifting aerobic capabilities by riding a lot (but keeping the strain low) or ride less and split some of the benefit with the anaerobic system (and deal with higher levels of systemic strain). The aim of the longer rides is mostly about fatiguing slow-twitch fibers which takes a long time due to their fatigue-resistant nature.

Some fatigue is natural, but you should be feeling pretty fresh after your recovery weeks as you enter into the build phase. So that may be an indicator that you'll want to do some more L2 work. :)

2) After you progress through your Build phase you'll want to move right into a Specialty plan of your choosing. Although this phase does refine skills specific to certain disciplines, you'll still benefit from specializing in an area you'd like to excel in. It'll ultimately lend to all-around greater strengths in your cycling. After completing a Specialty phase, we recommend a re-build by repeating the Build and then moving into another Specialty phase after that.

Hope this helps!

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CJAC wrote:
If I use an IPhone, and get the ANT+ stuff needed, any reason I can't use outside with a Garmin Vector set up, in the exact same fashion I would on the trainer?

Nope! In fact, many people do. :)

The only hang-up can be the difficulty to perform workouts without keeping outside variables constant like you can indoors. But because we often get questions on this, we created an article that answers many of the common questions. Check it out here: Outdoor Workout Q&A.

Cheers,

Quote Reply

Prev Next