Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to seeing your stuff in Boulder! May be just the excuse I need to warrant pulling out the card and getting some of these on order.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [gunna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gunna wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
I liked this one better.

https://www.bikeradar.com/...h-aero-cycling-shoe/

Great looking shoes and concept! What are the watt savings at 'normal' speeds?. As much as Id love to I'm not sure I'd be able to hold 48 kph for a IM...

Would also be useful to see how they compare to other aero shoes like the Bont Zero+ instead of the Bont Ballista..
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [lastlap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lastlap wrote:
gunna wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
I liked this one better.

Great looking shoes and concept! What are the watt savings at 'normal' speeds?. As much as Id love to I'm not sure I'd be able to hold 48 kph for a IM...

Would also be useful to see how they compare to other aero shoes like the Bont Zero+ instead of the Bont Ballista..
FWIW I tested the Bont Zero+ against a set of Giro SLX with elastic laces in the A2 wind tunnel, and the Giro was much, much, much faster. To the point that I was told wearing the Bont Zero+ effectively erased all the other gains I made off my baseline position.

Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
lastlap wrote:
gunna wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
I liked this one better.

FWIW I tested the Bont Zero+ against a set of Giro SLX with elastic laces in the A2 wind tunnel, and the Giro was much, much, much faster. To the point that I was told wearing the Bont Zero+ effectively erased all the other gains I made off my baseline position.

I would really like to see wind tunnel results comparing the Velovetta to the Giro SLX with elastic laces; I use a very similar shoe, Specialized Sub6 with elastic laces.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got my shoes this morning and so far so good!

One question: Does it become easier over time to get into the shoe? Once I get my foot in, shoe is maybe a bit on the big side for me (ordered a 45 since that's what I have in Shimano, but these are roomier. Longer for sure, maybe a bit thinner). The trouble is getting my foot into the shoe takes some finagling.

I'm not using socks since I was hoping to do a flying mount, but with that much finagling I can't imagine doing so on the bike.

Any tricks to get your foot into the shoe? Or does it become easier once they're worn in?

Also: How difficult is it to remove the insoles? I was hoping to put in some custom orthodics but I don't want to start pulling if they're sewn in or otherwise would rip something trying to remove
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,

The first thing to do is follow the video on the instructions page about making the shoe easy to get into by adjusting the wire clamp on the back. When the shoe is at your desired tightness, you want that clamp to be within a few mm of the top of its travel.

For sockless flying mounts, after you have done the above, there is another video on the same page showing my process for it. Break the rubber band, grab the heel loop and get your foot started in the shoe. Then grab the tongue and pull up while you push your foot further in. Then it should be easy to grab the loop and pop your foot all the way in. Additionally, and I have not done this but others have a lot of success with it - if you put Vaseline on the bottom of the tongue area, that helps a huge amount. The main difficulty is when the top of your foot sticks to that and pushes it forward rather that sliding over your foot.

Hope that helps!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might try body glide or something water soluble rather than Vaseline just for ease of cleaning. But I was talking to a very top level pro yesterday who said he prefers Vaseline and generously coats the opening of his Bonts with it.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ed-
Tried my first ride yesterday; very comfortable once I adjusted the wires. On that topic, I'm in a 47. The metal bar at the back of the shoe that goes up and down as the dial is rotated (I'm not sure what to call it) is 50-60% down from the top of the channel instead of being about a 1/3 down as you mentioned in your adjustment video. I understand the process for letting out a bit of wire if needed, so my question is whether or not I need to do that or can I leave things as they are?

On the topic of cleaning the shoe (I ordered the white and grey) what cleaners do you recommend using or avoiding, apart from water. Road dust / dirt came off easily with just water but not everything will.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are happy with the functioning of the closure as-is, there is no need to make an adjustment. If you want them to have a wider open to close motion, and therefore be easier to get on then you can do it. Totally up to you.

As for cleaning, I always just use water, but i have only had the white ones for a couple weeks. The black prototypes obviously could hide more dirt If they really needed soap I might try shampoo or simple green. Let me ask the factory in Italy what they say. It's polyurethane microfiber on the outer surface so I think it would be tough to do much damage if you use common sense.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, got my new size 42 in and fitting much better. At first I thought these shoes weren't for me because they were just too tight to get on and almost boxed them back up..... Then I looked at your video and read the insert in the box. They are fitting great now that the screw is more towards the top of the shoe.

Couple notes on the process. While adjusting i noticed my thumb was bleeding and think i cut it on the sharp plastic edges on the back of the shoe not sure.. The cables appear to measure the same, but I had to pull the inside (right shoe) cable in more than the outside cable to keep even tension.

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Last edited by: Ryanppax: Jun 13, 23 11:52
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that edge can be a bit sharp! Glad you were able to work out the wire adjustment and that the fit is good. I look forward to hearing your experience riding them.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ed, it was awesome meeting you last weekend and seeing you out on course! I'm glad I was able to try on the shoes and confirm I was a 47 instead of a 46.

Now just waiting to receive them. I can't wait to give them a try, maybe with them I would have been able to get by you before mile 53.

Thanks again and congrats on getting this product to market!
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

FYI, you got a mention on the escape collective podcast (latest episode of geek warning).
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no way! I'll have to listen.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello.
I am in 42.5 in Garneau.
Those who are like me, what size do you take in VeloVetta?
Merci
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [Eltito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would guess 41.5 or 42 but 41 is possible. Try using our measuring tool first and seeing what it says.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jul 26, 23 10:35
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd like to order a pair. I wear 45 in Giro empire slx, I don't have a printer for the size guide unfortunately. Anyone similar have experience with the fit here?
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IKnowEverything wrote:
lastlap wrote:
gunna wrote:
RowToTri wrote:
I liked this one better.

Yeah, as much as Bont likes to market this shoe as "aero", in my experience it is anything but..

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [Terrordact] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your best bet is probably 44.

BTW, labor day sale starts today.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Aug 29, 23 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Check out the sizing tool on the web page for the shoe. You can print it out (make sure it's 100% actual size) and measure your foot to get the right size for you. Our 47 is for a 300mm long foot.

How is printing the printable sizing chart any different than a tape measure or ruler and looking up the matrix (without printing it)?

Thanks Ed.

P.S. order placed. No email confirmation though 🤔
Last edited by: DaveQB: Dec 24, 23 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [DaveQB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Dave,

The biggest difference is just that the paper has the measurement begin right at the edge, so you can put it up against a wall and then put your heel up against the wall on top of the paper to ensure proper alignment. But it is possible to use a ruler, depending on its design and if you are careful.

If you are the David that put in an order at 7am today, then I got it! A confirmation email was send. I will re-send it, but check your junk mail. If you do not have it, maybe there is an error in the email address so you can PM me and I will update it so you will get the shipping info.

Thank you for the order!!

- Ed

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Ed. Got your email. Wonderful customer service, especially at this time of year 👌
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [DaveQB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a 46 in giro, what would y'all recommend in sizing for this shoe?

Also, how are these to run or walk in for transition? Haven't mastered the transitions yet.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [wildh24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wildh24 wrote:

Also, how are these to run or walk in for transition? Haven't mastered the transitions yet.

Print the paper it was dead on for me. And a different size from any shoe I have worn.

Easy to run it. Was able to get the 2nd fastest transition at one of my races.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [wildh24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wildh24 wrote:

For me the recommended size from the fit instructions was 1.5 sizes smaller than what I typically wear, but the fit was fine when they arrived. Follow the instructions and you should be fine, though it does make you wonder why the clothing and shoe industry can't standardize this stuff.
Quote Reply

Prev Next