Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fantastic! Let me know how those instructions are for you. I worry they are hard to follow.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Fantastic! Let me know how those instructions are for you. I worry they are hard to follow.

Adjusting the opening wasn't hard just a little annoying having to unscrew that long screw a few times. After figuring the length out on the first shoe and realizing I need the wire fully extended it went quicker.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How loose/tight should a well sized shoe feel. I was worried the 43 would be too tight so got 44s in as well.

Turns out I have tons of space on the 43. I must not know how to measure a foot. Here is a pic of where my toe lines up and I have some wiggle in the heal. Should I size down?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WviP96UQZw2XYt6w8
https://photos.app.goo.gl/o2Z7DquQVuQ2EXzW9

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah looks like you should definitely size down. What size shoe do you normally wear?

Heels in cycling shoes can feel like your heel wants to pull out because of the stiff sole when you stand in them without cleats on, but if that line really is where your toes are they are way too big.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
9 in sneakers and running shoes

43 garneau

42.5 giro slx which felt comfortable yesterday but have been on hiatus since last ironman because they felt narrow and sore feet after 5hrs. But then again which shows won't? Haha

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, if the 43 is that much too big, go to the returns section of the website, and return the 44 for a refund and exchange the 43 for a 42 would be my suggestion.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may have missed this in the 20-something page responses here, but were these designed to have a seamless interior so stitching is not present, should one go sockless?
What sort of insole are in these--anything with an arch support to keep from pronation pedaling & if not, do after-market insoles seem to fit fine in these?

Also, I see the weight was 380, not bad. My current shoes are a 45.5 (Specialized red/black ones whatever they're called model-wise)...just weighed them at 350 grams (1 shoe) with Shimano (yellow) cleats installed. In the scheme of things the Velo Vetta weight is not among the lightest but not amongst the heaviest. It sounds like a fair mid-weight. As Ed said, the point is the AERO aspect of this shoe. I will add that the finished product looks sharp/clean.

Big congrats to seeing this finally get to market despite all the manufacturing & world health situation you've fought through. Has to feel like at least some weight has lifted off your shoulders...waiting to hear some reviews now, from customers, should be interesting to get their take on things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Virgin voyage this morning. Really, really comfortable shoes. I had a panic attack when I first tried to put them on and couldn't get my feet in them -- but I followed instructions in video and wow! I managed 21mph on 163 watts -- its gotta be the shoes!
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The liner only has seams around the elastic on the sides.

The insoles are pretty standard. But the plastic that wraps around the bottom half of the shoe gives a lot of arch support all the way to the top of the arch, not just under the foot. It's primary purpose is aerodynamics but this is a nice side benefit. There's no reason you cannot put in aftermarket insoles, but you may find that adding to the existing arch support would be too much, but that's just a guess.

Thanks a lot for the kind words!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Bike Shoe NOW AVAILABLE! [hugoagogo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hugoagogo wrote:
Virgin voyage this morning. Really, really comfortable shoes. I had a panic attack when I first tried to put them on and couldn't get my feet in them -- but I followed instructions in video and wow! I managed 21mph on 163 watts -- its gotta be the shoes!

So glad to hear it! Yes, the wire adjustment instructions are important for initial setup to make it easy to put on.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Ed,

Do you have typical package dimensions and weight please? Around a size 45-46. I'm getting shipping quotes.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [DaveQB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no choice but to use my 3PL warehouse's shipping to send out products.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G'Day Ed,

Sure. But that shouldn't preclude a customer from using a freight forwarding service. As suggested earlier.

I just need typical package dimensions and weight please? Around a size 45-46.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received my size 45s today. They came in a 18x16x8 inch box. Not sure of the weight, maybe a couple pounds? It's just the shoes, inner shoe box, and outer mailing box.

Thoughts about the shoes: I typically wear size 44 or 44.5 wide, so went with 45 to get a wider toe box. I think it was the right choice. These seem like they have enough room without being excessively loose. I installed my Speedplay cleats using the 5-F & 5-R shims. The cleat base doesn't sit completely flat on the shoe, but I think it's good enough. I tried slipping on my Rule 28 overshoes (Size 10-12) but the rear clamp sticks out so far that I'm afraid they'd tear. I'll have to expand my aero sock collection instead.

Only one short ride so far so I can't comment to much on comfort or performance yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, I got ya.

They try to use a box that is 17 x 13 x 7 inches, weight is usually around 3.6 lbs.

- Ed

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Ah, I got ya.

They try to use a box that is 17 x 13 x 7 inches, weight is usually around 3.6 lbs.

- Ed

Thank you Ed 👊
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious about the flexibility of the upper portion, mostly the toe box. I like the feel of Shimano shoes probably because of the mesh upper area. A little hesitant to spend $ on a shoe and not be comfortable with it. I know you've gone through hades and back on this project and don't want to buy and return.

Thoughts? Are you able to post a quick video of upper flexibility of the shoe? Unless you already have...
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here are two videos hopefully answering your question as well as giving a bit of a detailed look at the shoe.

https://www.instagram.com/...hid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtHIPxNMwZE/

I hope your recovery is going well!!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Jun 5, 23 8:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Should be nice to see a one on one comparison regarding aerodynamics against the Bont Zero+ and Cádomotus Chronos shoes. Some of the BMC Pro team riders are using the Cádomotus shoes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Here are two videos hopefully answering your question as well as giving a bit of a detailed look at the shoe.

https://www.instagram.com/...hid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtHIPxNMwZE/

I hope your recovery is going well!!

You made me feel special! LOL. :)

Thanks. I really like the video and felt it gave more clarity to the design. I didn't see the toe box section in the photos-glad you pointed that out. I'll likely order a pair after I figure out what's going on with my bike...we reached out to the warranty dept. and are waiting on a response. So, either out about 1k with parts and carbon repair (as well as shipping fees etc.) or I get a new frame and then need to get new components and wheels based on it being a newer disc bike...

Again, thanks for the detailed video and the shoutout!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just came across this link on FB for a write up on Road.cc
Apologies if it's a duplicate

https://road.cc/...ling-shoe-301703?amp
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [Chan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I liked this one better.

https://www.bikeradar.com/...h-aero-cycling-shoe/

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
I liked this one better.

https://www.bikeradar.com/...h-aero-cycling-shoe/

Great looking shoes and concept! What are the watt savings at 'normal' speeds?. As much as Id love to I'm not sure I'd be able to hold 48 kph for a IM...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ed, with the open back & screw showing, any chance of that hardware rusting or seizing up? Do you need a lithium grease to keep the metal from degrading at all? How about the plastic coated cables--any experience with the plastic wearing or getting frayed with your field testing & seeing that cable rust--or is it stainless cabling?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd be really curious to see what are the drag differences when putting some aero shoe covers both on the Velovetta as well as some competitor shoes (sorry if this has been asked before... obviously interests more of TT instead of triathlon crowd)

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply

Prev Next