Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's interesting that at 270/268 you normally wear 44-44.5

My foot is 276 and I normally wear 44-44.5. I have Specialized, Shimano, Bontrager and PI shoes. I can be happy in either size, really, in any of those brands.

The VeloVetta chart (which was given to me by the company who graded the lasts and graded them specifically for these foot lengths) says I should wear 43.5 - and I think I could do that, but I really like the 44.

I wear a 44 in VeloVetta. They are less constricting than any of the above brands in the same size, but not hugely different.

As of now, two other athletes have shoes. One of them normally wears a 42.5 in Specialized and he is happy with the 42 size in VeloVetta. That is kind of what I expected because Spec runs a little small. The other athlete normally wears 48 in Shimano and feels like the VeloVetta 47 is too big at first try - though I am wondering if that might be an adjustment issue. I have yet to schedule a time to get all the necessary info with him.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer. I was hoping to order a pair, but too small for me
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how long is your foot??

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
310-312
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whoa.

It would cost me around $28k for the tooling for that shoe and I'd sell like 2 pairs. I wish I could help you :/

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Story of my life buying shoes. I understand. I’ll still recommend them to everyone though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI, I am 285, so by your chart a 45. In Shimano and Fizik 46s are almost always too small.....Generally I need a 46.5....there aren't any shoes (running or bike) where a 45 would be even close.
Last edited by: Greatzaa: Nov 15, 22 11:26
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What do you usually wear in a US shoe size?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
12.....almost always.....sometimes 12.5, but often those are a smidge big
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Greatzaa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK - that's only half a size so not a huge difference. I'm stressing about the sizing thing a lot, but I think rather than try to do something rash at the last minute, I'm just going to provide a sizing chart/printable measuring tool and making returns/exchanges totally free, including shipping, to eliminate any risks of getting the wrong size. Hopefully if our sizing is a bit off from what people are used to, they won't be too upset about it if exchanges are free.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ed

If at some point you decide to put spd type holes in to accommodate, please let me know and I'll buy a few pairs

Hope this goes well. I'm rooting for you-you've spent a lot of time and energy but it seems a very worthy pursuit.
FTR, I wear 43's presently and measured foot length is 260mm

GL

Dale
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You mean mountain bike SPD? Our 3-hole pattern is compatible with road SPD-SL.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unless I am using the chart wrong.....your chart has me between a 44.5 and a 45. I am 46.5 in all other cycling shoes.....46 or 46.5 in running shoes. So, the way I read the chart I think I am 1.5-2 sizes smaller in the VeloVetta shoe than other cycling shoes. I hope that is helpful
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this is helpful. I prefer .5 to 1 size larger in VeloVetta than this chart says and I designed the shoe so....

There have been around 15 people who have tried the size 44 and all of them said they thought it seemed true to size. Maybe I just leave the foot length out of it and let people order what they normally do and see how it goes...

Perhaps sharing my trials and uncertainty about all this in a public forum is a terrible idea....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having a printable size comparison may help, but at the same time, the customer would have to have the same settings as when you created it. The printable size could take more time in customer service troubleshooting their printers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
You mean mountain bike SPD? Our 3-hole pattern is compatible with road SPD-SL.

yes; mt bike/spd

I didn't see any with 3 holes in the photos

What do you want from us (your future customers) regarding how to order?

Should we wait for a link/size chart with specs desired?

I'm not rushing you, just trying to be supportive and wanted you to know I'm a fan.....
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, there are several ways a user can mess up a printable measuring tool. It is very possible that it causes more problems than it solves.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Nov 16, 22 7:04
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [dtoce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our shoes only come with a standard three hole pattern. They fit Shimano and look cleats out of the box, as well as speed play/wahoo if you use their included adapter.

As for what I want from you, I think the better question is what is best for me to provide to minimize the need for exchanges for size. I'm thinking hard about that. I will not have a perfect answer.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Nov 16, 22 7:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I run a 44 in Shimano tri shoes and I believe the same for my Bontrager Ballista shoes. My feet measure:

Left
259X103
Right
262X106

So somewhere between a 41 and 41.5.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This just goes to show how foot length and preferred shoe size varies incredibly. At 276 I also wear 44 in the Ballista and the Shimano TR9. The more I think about it, basing a size decision on foot length alone could introduce a lot of errors for people.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Yeah, there are several ways a user can mess up a printable measuring tool. It is very possible that it causes more problems than it solves.

The minimalist shoe brand Wilding has some great printable size charts, you can check them out for inspiration.

https://www.wildling.shoes/en/pages/size-finder
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [minimalist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minimalist wrote:
RowToTri wrote:

The minimalist shoe brand Wilding has some great printable size charts, you can check them out for inspiration.

https://www.wildling.shoes/en/pages/size-finder

I like the simplicity of their template. Fewer ways to mess up. However it tells me that I'm 42 or 42.5 depending on how I distribute my weight. I've never worn anything smaller than 44 that fit. So looks like their foot length to size chart his similar issues as mine.

I also dig their shoes, they're cool!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Thanks, this is helpful. I prefer .5 to 1 size larger in VeloVetta than this chart says and I designed the shoe so....

There have been around 15 people who have tried the size 44 and all of them said they thought it seemed true to size. Maybe I just leave the foot length out of it and let people order what they normally do and see how it goes...

Perhaps sharing my trials and uncertainty about all this in a public forum is a terrible idea....

I really appreciate how you have been so open to feedback during the development. Being able to see the process from start to finish makes me far more eager to order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
OK - that's only half a size so not a huge difference. I'm stressing about the sizing thing a lot, but I think rather than try to do something rash at the last minute, I'm just going to provide a sizing chart/printable measuring tool and making returns/exchanges totally free, including shipping, to eliminate any risks of getting the wrong size. Hopefully if our sizing is a bit off from what people are used to, they won't be too upset about it if exchanges are free.

Kudos to you on putting in this kind of policy. A lot of small businesses don't generally opt to include free returns/exchanges because its a giant headache. Not just in terms of paying for the extra shipping but also because its a giant headache to process articles clothing once its been in a consumer's hands. (what do you do if its clearly been outside, ridden, etc.)

Maybe you've thought about it but if you're going to do this, you should put an asterisk saying for US shipping only since crossing a border adds many layers of complexity for a shipped returns product. I work in the shipping industry in Canada and most companies shipping north just put their hands up and put the onus on the consumer to get it back down south somehow (usually at great expense). I'm close to the border so will likely just use a virtual mailbox and cross over but cross-border shipping back and forth is usually a hassle to return anything.
Last edited by: timbasile: Nov 16, 22 11:17
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, setting up the return and exchange process has been dramatically more complicated than I envisioned but I think it is going to be a key aspect of our customer service. We will be shipping orders from two different locations - to US, Canada and Mexico from Texas. To the EU and UK from Poland. We are working with a third party returns processor. When a customer goes to our return portal and enters their order number, they will be guided through selecting their exchanges or returns and their shipping labels will be instantly generated for them for free. Even for international returns. When recieved by the warehouse they will be inspected and will have to be in as-new condition for the return to be finalized. I cannot ship scratched shoes to someone else who paid $405 for them.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next