Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any chance these shoes will be on store shelves in Houston?
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [mike s] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is. Though it's a big 47 compared to some brands. One athlete who wears a Shimano 48 felt our 47 was too big.

Check out the sizing tool on the web page for the shoe. You can print it out (make sure it's 100% actual size) and measure your foot to get the right size for you. Our 47 is for a 300mm long foot.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Th4ddy wrote:
Any chance these shoes will be on store shelves in Houston?

No plans for it to be in stores at this point. But we will offer free exchanges and returns (including free shipping) so if you're worried about size, I'm trying to make it as easy and risk free as possible.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't hunt with him but he does share my love of endurance sport racing!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is so cool!!! I have a Brittany that does adventures, lol. We do a lot of upland bird stuff too.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Congratulations on your persistance & bringing one of your dreams to life. Like other new start ups, plans and thoughts for either another order to be manufactured and Version 2 / Monarach 2 is likely in the not too far distant future? Doing this through delays of Covid times was about the worst possible point in history you could of imagined--but you made it. Nice job.

I'm thinking about what I can do to make a better MTB/Gravel shoe and thinking about whether it makes sense for me to try to make another road model with a different focus. Trying to decide what that might be and if I can provide value to cyclists with such a product.

For the Monarch, It has taken so much time and money to get this shoe out, which is very heavy on expensive tooling compared to other shoes, and it took a long long time to finalize how to make that tooling and how to do the last grading to make the tooling costs affordable, and how to do the assembly which has a few extra steps compared to normal shoes - doing a major re-do sounds pretty daunting and expensive.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Mar 31, 23 12:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you keep stock in a EU warehouse to have lower shipping cost/taxes etc for EU customers since they were produced in EU?

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe Store is OPEN (for hats and socks) [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
Do you keep stock in a EU warehouse to have lower shipping cost/taxes etc for EU customers since they were produced in EU?

Jeroen

I tried very very very hard to do this. Ultimately without having a company registered in the EU and a physical presence it was absurdly difficult to make it happen due to various regulations and I abandoned it.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ed, I am not sure if this is the best way to contact you with questions, but I couldn't find contact info on your website. So here ya go, until I hear something different. When I dismount from the bike I leave my shoes on and run in my feet. What ends up happening a lot is the shoes drags on the ground as I am running with my bike, sometimes it bounces and the shoe flips to the front and causes the shoe to flip to the front and is no longer dragging and it causes the shoes to bind and then I get a big bounce because the shoe is not dragging behind. This is the back of the shoe, have you experienced this? Is what I am saying making sense? Should I be worried about the clasp system on your shoe breaking if that happens?
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [lonniecdams] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey,

So the same thing can happen with our shoe. To minimize the effect and the minimize the chance that this damages the shoe (I've done a lot of dismounts in the shoe and they have never broken but you never know...) I recommend this process:

Open the lever on the heel. Take your foot out of the shoe and place it on top of the shoe. Close the lever on the heel. Dismount as usual.

You will get some scratches but the plastic is very tough. Make sense?

Ed

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect. Yes it makes sense. Glad I’m not the only one who has this issue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is latest potential availability date?
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
What is latest potential availability date?

I just spoke with the freight forwarder. Their best estimate right now is that the container will arrive at the warehouse around 5/9, but there is still some uncertainty around that. Once it arrives I will need at least a week to get some things in order before they go on sale. So 5/16? Still a soft guess.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Ed,

Has the container arrived at the warehouse ? I’m really eager to give you my credit card number for a pair of Mens size 41:)

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [Torrent] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Torrent wrote:
Hi Ed,

Has the container arrived at the warehouse ? I’m really eager to give you my credit card number for a pair of Mens size 41:)

Thanks!

They added a couple stops in Mexico, but it is supposed to arrive in about 4 hours!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok awesome! So about a week before we can order online?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That should be about right. Gotta clear customs and ship to the warehouse and unload.

Maybe a bit longer because I have to do some test shipments and photography.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: May 11, 23 10:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What brand and model of shoe should I go try on at the store? So I can get the size right the first time.
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our last is unique, so I do not think there is a different brand/model that you could try that would definitely give you the right answer. There is a sizing tool on the website - when you print it, make sure your printer is set to "actual size"!

The length to size guidelines have been made by the company that did the last grading for us. My foot measures 275 on the tool, which suggests size 43.5 for me, but I prefer size 44.

Half sizes are the same width as the whole size below it. It just has a few mm more length added for the toe. So if you prefer a wider shoe, go up to the next whole size.

Returns/exchanges and return shipping are free in the US. Internationally I'm afraid the customer will have to arrange for their own shipping at this point. I'm working on that, but it has been a difficult problem.

https://www.velovetta.com/products/monarch

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Torrent wrote:
Ok awesome! So about a week before we can order online?

The container ship is still anchored just outside of the port waiting for its turn. Not sure how long it will have to wait....

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how wide are the shoes and how tall in the arch?

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:

I'll get a pair and we can test them. :)

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
desert dude wrote:

I'll get a pair and we can test them. :)

Awesome!

I'm looking for new shoes, like my Lake 403's in extra wide, but not enough height in the shoe. Sadly (for my wallet) may be heading back to the custom route

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: VeloVetta Aero Triathlon Bike Shoe [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do not have all the last dimensions on my computer here... But I do have a size 44 sitting on my desk. Outside width is 104mm. So inside maybe 100mm. Here's a photo of the measurement of the 3D file of the size 44 last, also showing just under 100mm.

[url=https://ibb.co/nw8GhWb][/url]

As for arch height, there is no one good number to describe that. Instep girth is a more common measurement. But here is a video that might give you some idea of what you are looking for.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
Internationally I'm afraid the customer will have to arrange for their own shipping at this point. I'm working on that, but it has been a difficult problem.

Do you mean that international shipments pay for our own shipping (whatever it works out to be), or do you mean that we arrange for FedEx or UPS to pick up at your warehouse (and then cover the cost)?

I'm only an hour from the US/Canada border so I can use a virtual US address and then cross over to collect the shoes but if its just that I have to pay for international shipping I may well just decide to pay the cost.
Last edited by: timbasile: May 12, 23 11:09
Quote Reply

Prev Next