Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Triathlon Taren [CeeGee90] [ In reply to ]

Triathlon Taren is the new Ashley Horner

Not yet at same level, but on same path, and moving quickly

Re: Triathlon Taren [RoostBooster] [ In reply to ]

RoostBooster wrote:
FaKaspar wrote:
I was thinking about this on my way to work couple of days ago.

Maybe Taren and Cameron have a point.
A lot of professional fighters (UFC, Boxe ) usually train heavy, cut weight close to fight day.....do the official weighting - eat like there is no tomorrow and fight 2 nights later.

Maybe that's a good approach for triathlon.Who knows!

food for thought!

Please tell me this sarcasm. Please.

hahah...yes it is! ;-)

Re: Triathlon Taren [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]

He's gonna have to get this thread up to 3k before it can be official

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo

Re: Triathlon Taren [CU427] [ In reply to ]

Lol his latest video about flip turns is a joke. Dude doesn’t even know how to do them.

"The person on top of the mountain didn't fall there." - unkown

also rule 5

Re: Triathlon Taren [boobooaboo] [ In reply to ]

boobooaboo wrote:
Lol his latest video about flip turns is a joke. Dude doesn’t even know how to do them.

What kills me is the "don't do the little foot skip" part.

Why not film it again and do the flip the right way? or even better get someone who can do a proper flip turn and film them.

boobooaboo wrote:

Sooo much extraneous movement. Still, not the worst I've seen. At least he isn't windmilling his arms.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

boobooaboo wrote:

I watched his video, and though his flip turn was just fine for a triathlete. There's no need for him to flip like an olympic swimmer. That said, I learned years ago from a much, much, much more basic five step progression from Go Swim. I had a lot of people at the pool try to teach me, but couldn't get it when someone wanted you to start right into it like he was showing. Taren's method would not have helped me at all. The Go Swim progression is much better suited for an AOS; especially if you are learning at an advanced age (I was 53 when I first decided I wanted to be able to do this). All the videos are on YouTube. Here's the first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFQpLyihI5M

Re: Triathlon Taren [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]

Yeah, his video doesn’t address the biggest hurdle to learning flip turns, which is getting disoriented in the middle of the turn. It takes a few thousand reps to get truly used to it, but it helps if you learn the flip all by itself before you take it close to the wall.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

Re: Triathlon Taren [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]

Now he's doing Lionel; getting a coach/consultant and keeping the name a secret.

This dude is weird.

Re: Triathlon Taren [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

This guy loves hearing himself talk, I wonder if he watches his own videos with the lights out and some candles burning

Yellowfin Endurance Coaching and Bike Fits
USAT Level 1, USAC Level 3

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that he hired Ben Greenfield?

Re: Triathlon Taren [karmatraining] [ In reply to ]

karmatraining wrote:

I just had to google this guy... "Ben Greenfield is a biohacker, human body and brain performance coach, ex-bodybuilder, Ironman triathlete, professional Spartan athlete, anti-aging consultant, speaker and author of the New York Times Bestseller “Beyond Training: Mastering Endurance, Health and Life” "

Surprisingly voodoo master wasn't listed as a qualification

Chasing PB Podcast Latest interview with Eli Hemming on Targeting a US MTR spot in Tokyo

Did I hear right that he's not saying his name because he's not sure this person is even going to work with him?!?! At least he seems to understand he's a headcase that a 'coach' may not want to get within drafting distance of.

Re: Triathlon Taren [pacco] [ In reply to ]

pacco wrote:
Did I hear right that he's not saying his name because he's not sure this person is even going to work with him?!?! At least he seems to understand he's a headcase that a 'coach' may not want to get within drafting distance of.

I thought the same thing while I was watching it, but after a little thought it could be that he hadn't talked to the couch about making it public yet.

Re: Triathlon Taren [lced0ut] [ In reply to ]

lced0ut wrote:
pacco wrote:

I thought the same thing while I was watching it, but after a little thought it could be that he hadn't talked to the couch about making it public yet.

You know a guy is a headcase when he has a secret relationship with his couch...poor Taren has lost the plot.

Professional Athlete: http://jordancheyne.wordpress.com/ http://www.strava.com/athletes/145340

Coaching Services:http://www.peakformcoaching.com/

Re: Triathlon Taren [Jordano] [ In reply to ]

Jordano wrote:
lced0ut wrote:
pacco wrote:

You know a guy is a headcase when he has a secret relationship with his couch...poor Taren has lost the plot.

Haha , and this kids is why you should proofread your work

Re: Triathlon Taren [Jordano] [ In reply to ]

Personally, I'm coached by Tim Don and Gerry Rodriguez....
well I downloaded a Zone 3 plan with Tim Don picture, and I looked at a Gerry video on Youtube...
I'm not going to make it public yet...
Keep that secret, please :-)

Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
Personally, I'm coached by Tim Don and Gerry Rodriguez....
well I downloaded a Zone 3 plan with Tim Don picture, and I looked at a Gerry video on Youtube...
I'm not going to make it public yet...
Keep that secret, please :-)

I notice all you guys complaining about him seem to have a pretty steady watching habit if you can speak to his comings and goings so accurately (He wins this round again). Who cares who he says MIGHT be coaching him? Who cares if he gives bad advice for that matter? Clearly you know better than to listen to him and don't tell me you care about new triathletes entering the sport who watch him. So really, you're just in pile-on mode because it's easy and sadly human nature.

Maybe you just take him with a grain of salt and move on. For enough newbs he seems to hit the mark or he wouldn't have gone full-time into this sport.

Bottom line is he gives insight into the sport for newer athletes. This is needed to grow the sport. We want the sport to continue to grow. Keep the ugly attitudes in the back seat and let happy ambassadors to the sport through ;)

Re: Triathlon Taren [lutador72] [ In reply to ]

Tarthlete ?

Pyrenean Wolf wrote:

Tarthlete ?

lol, no.
BUT be nice! is all I'm sayin'

Re: Triathlon Taren [lutador72] [ In reply to ]

lutador72 wrote:
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:

Tarthlete ?

lol, no.

Why be nice? He isn't doing this to bring people into the sport, he is doing it to make money. If someone is going to produce public content then it's open to public criticism (and adulation)

He has hits and misses. Looking back to his old stuff though I do much more prefer it to what he puts out most of the time today.

Re: Triathlon Taren [karmatraining] [ In reply to ]

karmatraining wrote:

i suggest everyone look up the joe rogan interview with ben. it’s pure entertainment. this guy is borderline crazy with his “bio hacking.”

80/20 Endurance Ambassador

Re: Triathlon Taren [dunno] [ In reply to ]

dunno wrote:
lutador72 wrote:
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:

Tarthlete ?

lol, no.

Why be nice? He isn't doing this to bring people into the sport, he is doing it to make money. If someone is going to produce public content then it's open to public criticism (and adulation)

He has hits and misses. Looking back to his old stuff though I do much more prefer it to what he puts out most of the time today.

why be a dick? isn't that a better question?
Last edited by: IvarAlmere: Mar 5, 19 1:00

Re: Triathlon Taren [IvarAlmere] [ In reply to ]

We never said Taren was a dick

Do you think so ?

Just having fun on so common "social networks influencers gimmicks"

I wasn't talking about Taren.

Prev Next