Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainerroad.com [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
So I just started the final week of SSBase Mid-Volume and it seems to be a recovery week. If my next step is the Sustained Power Build Mid-Vol, do people usually take an extra recovery week or is what is prescribed in the plan enough of a break to get a good ramp test and start for the Build phase?

The plans are all built to have the rest and recovery built in, so there is no need to add an extra recovery week between plan phases.

If you are feeling that you need a little extra recovery, it would be better to add recovery weeks into the middle of the phase, rather than doubling up on recovery between phases.

For example, for SSB this would look like:

Weeks 1-3
Week 6 (Recovery)
Weeks 4-5
Week 6 (Recovery)

Splitting up the work like this is a more effective way to increase your time spent recovering if you feel you need it :)

Get Faster with TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [Keepers Dad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keepers Dad wrote:
Hello, Bryce.
If I have a Kickr Snap and use my iPad currently to train, will I need anything additionally after I download the app, or will I need an ANT device?

Mark

That's all you need! Your KICKR Snap will be able to send all the neccessary power information via Bluetooth with no additional hardware or adapters.

Keepers Dad wrote:
My "A" race is 21 weeks away, what would be the best way to split the phases?
Mark

As others have mentioned, our Plan Builder takes care of all this for you :) Just enter your races and we'll take care of the rest.

Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [Bryce Lewis TR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds good! thanks for the information
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,

I have a workout which was missing half its power data. Is there a way to correct the TSS for that workout? The web interface won't give me the option of fixing the workout since half the power data is present.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [roadguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roadguy wrote:
Hi Bryce,

I have a workout which was missing half its power data. Is there a way to correct the TSS for that workout? The web interface won't give me the option of fixing the workout since half the power data is present.

In cases like these, go ahead and add an additional manual cycling workout titled "TSS Correction" to the same day as the workout in question.

Set the duration to 1 second, set the Intensity to Custom, and manually enter the TSS that you missed due to dropouts.

You will now have two workouts on that day, but since the duration is one second, it won't mess up your total weekly duration, and your TSS will now be corrected.

Let me know if you have any further questions :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
(edited) Ok I figured it out. I added a custom workout via the calendar and backdated it and added a custom TSS! Thanks.
Last edited by: roadguy: Jan 20, 20 18:02
Quote Reply
Trainerroad.com [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does TrainerRoad capture left & right power in its fit file?

I currently capture my workouts simultaneously on my Garmin HU and TrainerRoad because I want the dual-sided power for future reference. I tried to search this, but I mostly get hits on other topics and cannot find a topic about if I can do this and how.

I am running TR on a Windows 10 Surface with the Ant+ dongle connected to my Favero Assioma Duo pedals for power. I have a Tacx Neo 2 trainer, so I could also use that for dual-sided power.

Secondary question... is the Ant+ dongle still required for Windows 10, or has TR been updated to use Bluetooth on W10?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does TR also support the right/left balance for Garmin Verctor 3?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [bigsas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bigsas wrote:

We do not support L/R unfortunately.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
bigsas wrote:

We do not support L/R unfortunately.

How about aquabike race training in plan builder?
Last edited by: MrTri123: Feb 2, 20 13:43
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MrTri123 wrote:
How about aquabike race training in plan builder?

We have plans to improve the Plan Builder's functionality for two-sport athletes by giving more adjustability to the triathlon plans. Basically, we want to allow you to exclude the tri disciplines that don't apply to your event, but leave the rest as is.

Sadly, we do not have an ETA for this feature at the moment, so the best way to set up your training for an aquathon will be to select the tri event that most closely matches the distances of your aquathon, and then go through and manually delete the running workouts.

I'm sorry we don't currently have a more elegant solution.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooohhh. That sounds easy enough

Thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a question. In just finish the OD-tri base plan. I have 14 weeks until my first race which is a sprint. 4 weeks later I have an OD triathlon. What would be your suggested plan for that?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [wilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd recommend putting your events into the Plan Builder and letting that build out your full plan for you. If you haven't used this feature yet, it takes a lot of the guesswork out of planning, and makes it very easy to get on the right plan. To find this feature, to to trainerroad.com and click "Training Plans" on the left-side menu. You will then see the option to enter the Plan Builder menu.

A couple notes:

- Set your "Start Date" in Plan Builder as the date that you started Olympic Distance Base. This will make sure you get "credit" for the training you've done so far
- Set your Sprint Distance Race as a "B" Race
- Set your Olympic Distance Event as your "A" Race

If you have any trouble, feel free to reach out here or ask a Support Agent over at support@trainerroad.com :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
More people having problems with ant+ in the latest version? In the latest version every 10 minutes the trainer disconnects and needs manual reconnection.

In the version before this one. It has working fine almost no disconnects.

Is it possible to go back a version?

Follow my project on Project 100 miles / 4 hours
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [rbe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For technical issues like this, our Support Team will be your best resource. You can reach us at support@trainerroad.com, and the team should be able to help sort out the dropout issues you're experiencing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Played around with this. It looks cool, but couldn’t seem to add a cycling A race along with sprint tris as B races. It adds them, but there were no swim or run workouts. Can it not assimilate this kind of schedule?

Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
I'd recommend putting your events into the Plan Builder and letting that build out your full plan for you. If you haven't used this feature yet, it takes a lot of the guesswork out of planning, and makes it very easy to get on the right plan. To find this feature, to to trainerroad.com and click "Training Plans" on the left-side menu. You will then see the option to enter the Plan Builder menu.

A couple notes:

- Set your "Start Date" in Plan Builder as the date that you started Olympic Distance Base. This will make sure you get "credit" for the training you've done so far
- Set your Sprint Distance Race as a "B" Race
- Set your Olympic Distance Event as your "A" Race

If you have any trouble, feel free to reach out here or ask a Support Agent over at support@trainerroad.com :)

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Bryce,

I just completed the high volume sweet spot base plan I & 2 (12 Weeks total). I completed about 75% of the workouts (Weeks 6-8, I had to train using HR, because my Wahoo Kickr Core broke, which was really difficult so I only did about 3hrs per week for those 3 weeks).

Anyway I just tested my FTP and it went from 248 to 298. A 20% increase that blew my mind. I finished Wilhelm +5 today and it was brutal.

Thanks Trainer Road for improving my cycling so much and so fast.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [trismitty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Plan Builder is designed to train you for a singular focus: your A race. The B and C races just fall in as they may.

The best approach to prepare you for your specific blend of events would be:
  • First, go through the Plan Builder for your sprint triathlons on low volume. Depending on the spacing, you may need to set some of your sprint distance events as B races. Your final Sprint of the season will need to be an A race.
  • Once you've added it to calendar, go through and delete all of the cycling workouts.
  • Set up another Plan Builder plan based on your cycling A races. When selecting volume, remember that you will be running and swimming as well, so don't bite off too much too soon. Add this plan to your calendar.

This allows you to have the cycling setup according to your cycling A races, with some running and swimming sprinkled in as well. This is not a perfect solution because your rest weeks will not line up appropriately between the two plans. You will need some manual manipulation to optimize things, and as a general rule, when you are on a rest week for your cycling, try to sub in recovery run/swim workouts so that you can properly have a "down" week from all of your disciplines.

i hope this makes sense as a workaround, let me know if you have any questions :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perfect. It does. Thx!

Human Person
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryce Lewis TR wrote:
The Plan Builder is designed to train you for a singular focus: your A race. The B and C races just fall in as they may.

The best approach to prepare you for your specific blend of events would be:
  • First, go through the Plan Builder for your sprint triathlons on low volume. Depending on the spacing, you may need to set some of your sprint distance events as B races. Your final Sprint of the season will need to be an A race.
  • Once you've added it to calendar, go through and delete all of the cycling workouts.
  • Set up another Plan Builder plan based on your cycling A races. When selecting volume, remember that you will be running and swimming as well, so don't bite off too much too soon. Add this plan to your calendar.

This allows you to have the cycling setup according to your cycling A races, with some running and swimming sprinkled in as well. This is not a perfect solution because your rest weeks will not line up appropriately between the two plans. You will need some manual manipulation to optimize things, and as a general rule, when you are on a rest week for your cycling, try to sub in recovery run/swim workouts so that you can properly have a "down" week from all of your disciplines.

i hope this makes sense as a workaround, let me know if you have any questions :)

Bryce -

I am wondering what you think of using a similar approach for an off-road (Xterra) tri. I finished 12 weeks of Sweet Spot base, and used Plan Builder for an Xterra triathlon in May. I was given 6 weeks of general build and 8 weeks of specialty phase for an Olympic distance triathlon. In setting this up, I noticed I could pick off-road triathlon as triathlon type but I don’t think this made a difference in my plan. So, do you advise manually deleting my cycle days in calendar, keeping swim/runs, then loading a new plan with an XC Olympic distance A race on the same date in May as this tri? Obviously, an off-road tri is quite different from a road steady state bike effort. Especially as the year goes on with big climbing bike legs in the US Xterra trifecta Beaver Creek/Ogden/Maui.

Thanks for the help. TR is a great asset for me.

Bill B.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [NMBillb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since the Tri plans and the cycling plans are not on the same schedule, unfortunately, this is not a great option for preparing for an Xterra. The Tri plans are 6k/6wk/8wk for Base/Build Specialty, and the cycling plans are 12wk/8wk/8wk. What this means is that the rest weeks will not coincide with each other, which poses a pretty significant problem.

What I would ldo is add the Oly Distance Tri plan and then delete the rides. Then, add cycling training plans individually, trimming off the extra weeks, and pulling the recovery weeks to the correct date workout by workout.

A good progression for cycling plans would be SSB -> General Build -> XC Marathon.

I hope this helps!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Bryce,

Quick question:

So I'm going to finish SSB II next Sunday (Feb 23rd). On that Sunday (Feb 23rd), I am going to leave for quick vacation (returning Wed.) and plan to start my next phase the following Monday (March 2nd) which would give me a week completely off of riding. Would it be better skip the Feb 23rd recovery ride and do the ramp test, do the ramp test the day I get back from vacation (Wed. or Thursday that week) or just do some easy rides once I get back and do the ramp test as it would be written in the next training phase?

Thanks,

Luke
Quote Reply
Re: Trainerroad.com [FuzzyRunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FuzzyRunner wrote:
Hi Bryce,

Quick question:

So I'm going to finish SSB II next Sunday (Feb 23rd). On that Sunday (Feb 23rd), I am going to leave for quick vacation (returning Wed.) and plan to start my next phase the following Monday (March 2nd) which would give me a week completely off of riding. Would it be better skip the Feb 23rd recovery ride and do the ramp test, do the ramp test the day I get back from vacation (Wed. or Thursday that week) or just do some easy rides once I get back and do the ramp test as it would be written in the next training phase?

Thanks,

Luke

I'd recommend just doing some easy rides and doing the Ramp test on schedule :) It's nice to test and then immediately have the feedback of a workout so that you can make sure that your newly earned FTP sets you at the right effort level.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 13 weeks until my 70.3 A race. I am finishing an Mid Volume Half Distance Base Plan. I want to assemble the best overall plan for the next 13 weeks, and I seek you guidance. Here are the major options I am thinking about:
  1. 1st 5 weeks of a Build Phase plan followed by a full 8 week Specialty Phase
  2. Last 5 weeks of a Build plan and then a full 8 week Specialty plan (but begin with a ramp test)
  3. 8 week Specialty plan expanded by replicating weeks 2-6

Quote Reply

Prev Next