Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brandon,

Why would you place the garmin way back there? From an aero position you can't see it without looking down and back towards your body (which spits the helmet high into the air). I have my set up similarly to jdgreen... and it works brilliantly.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi David,
I had asked you about the new Quarq Red power meter a while ago and you thoroughly answered my questions. I just cam across DC Rainmakers review of the new Power2Max pm's and it appears that it may be a less expensive option. I was wondering if you had any insight about it's compatibility with the Rotor 3D+ BBright Aero 110BCD 52/36 that comes with the new P5. It would certainly be nice if I could keep stock crank (at least for a little while).
Thanks,
Rick
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jdgreena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What bento box is that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David apologize for so many questions but close to finalizing.

1) What bars come with the 2013 P5 - 3? Ski? Sbend?
2) Do bars come with the upgrade kit? If yes then which bars?
3) Is it possible to order a 2013 P5 - 3 or upgrade kit with Ski bars instead of Sbend if they do not already come with Ski?

Dealer is showing that P5-3 SRAM Red 56 complete bike will not be available until June. But also heard that this was conservative and bikes are being held up because of a bolt issue with 3T. Could you provide any insight if June is a conservative date. This will be my fifth Cervelo and past experience has been that Cervelo dates are very optimistic not conservative. But following this thread it sounds like bikes are available.

I would prefer to purchase the bike from this dealer as they are only a couple of miles from my house and have treated me well. But I am not willing to loose the race season. May sound harsh. I have another option that I have been told would be here much quicker, early February, and available at a more attractive price.

Thanks in advance!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you attach the Garmin mount?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jdgreena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the photos. I think I like this setup. It looks like you just have it held there with bands?

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [tomaco1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the rubber bands like normal. There are holes in the Torhans computer mount.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'm trying to get mine all the way around the stem on my Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Habit, and I don't stare at it. I also run ski bends, so it kind of interferes with my bottle. We might try it with Amy's though.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XLAB Stealth Pocket 300.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense. When Amy tries her arms on my bars, she will definitely want the garmin mounted up front. It makes a huge difference to be able to glance down without moving your head to check the screen (I watch my cadence and power fairly closely, so for me it is very helpful). Ride soon?

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the small Garmin bands. It's pretty stable...similar to using zip ties.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [zachboring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This may be a long shot but does anyone hace an extra of one of the rodes that inserts into the seatpost slot to attach the rest of the sear mechanism? I doubt anyone would have an extra seeing as the bike is in such limited quantities but its worth a shot! Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bartturner,

To answer your question on extensions:

1) Ski
2) Ski
3) Ski

I am surprised to hear that you are getting two different dates from retailers. Maybe there was an error in communicating the dates. I'll follow up with a PM so we can look into it.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi David,
Do you know anything about the Power2Max power meters and there compatibility with the 2013 P5 three crank?
Thanks,
Rick
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [trithink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trithink wrote:
Do you know anything about the Power2Max power meters and there compatibility with the 2013 P5 three crank?

I can't claim to know much about the Power2Max personally. I haven't tried to install one myself but it sure looks like it would work according to this:
http://www.power2max.com/produkt_rotor_plus.php

If it mounts to the 3D+, it should mount to the 3D+ aero. I recommend confirming with Power2Max as well.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
matto - You will want to make sure the bento box you choose is in line with the height of your stem, to get the best in terms of aerodynamics. If you don't have any spacers like jdgreena than the Stealth Pocket 300 is the best, otherwise may want to look at the Stealth Pocket 200. It is about 1/2" taller.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Candice - XLAB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks jdgreena and Candice!

I have no spacers so the 300 looks best for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you mind taking a picture of all the pieces of the seat post assembly? If so, you can post it here or send to my email at zachboring@gmail.com

Thanks for all of your help! It is greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks through the thread and did not see this question specifically.

I am planning out my di2 installation on P5. What is not clear to me if it is possible to get wire from the front-end to underneath the seat saddle. Either through the top tube or all the way down to the BB and then back up. With the key part being the back up. When I did this on my P4 I had to drill through the BB shell.

I fully realize that the P5 was designed for di2 and there is the hidden pocket, etc. But on my P4 during the off season I added a very small computer to the equation and it requires a couple of things.

1) The front harness has to be under the seat saddle area
2) I need a small amount of room for the computer and the computer battery

I was really hoping for two things.

1) The bike is hollow from the saddle insertion to the battery pocket. I would think this would be true as it looks to be above the BB shell
2) Ideally, the top tube would be hollow with a hole from the front end of the bike to the saddle insertion. So I could go through top tube to get to the front harness instead of down to BB and up. But not a huge deal.

Really appreciate any help on this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The torhans bento is ready to buy for anyone who is waiting! Now if they would only release the bb storage unit

https://www.torhans.com/shop.php
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already a picture someone from the bento on a cervelo P5?

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Axolotl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Axolotl wrote:
Already a picture someone from the bento on a cervelo P5?

https://www.facebook.com/...199?sk=photos_stream
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks interesting! I wonder how they are keeping contents accessible and secure.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Irwin wrote:

That couple of mm that the box sticks up above the stem is going to keep me up at night. Hahahaha.
Quote Reply

Prev Next