Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smaki wrote:
David or Damon

I thought the new SRAM Red 2013 P5 three's were going to have R2C shifters? Mine did not come with R2C shifters.

Bob

I saw that David sent you a PM about the shifters. Does the 2013 P5 come with R2C shifters or not? It was mentioned earlier that they do, but yours did not. What was the official word as I wait for my P5-Six?

Thanks,
Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just PM'ed Damon about disc wheels and thought the answer he gave might add a little extra information to the thread (he's fine with me sharing it). I heard him about the HED Jet Disc clincher and the new Zipp Super-9 CC.

Quote:
We haven't tested every disc wheel in a P5, but the ones we have have ranked the same in the bike as they do alone. This suggests that the P5 is rear wheel neutral as well. Part of this could be attributed to the seat tube aero zone work we did on the surfaces of the lower part of the seat tube, ahead of the rear tire. The P5's seat tube tolerates a much bigger gap than before: up to 6 mm gap has the same drag as below 6 mm. This is helpful if you use different tire sizes; you might not need to change the drop out screw settings between different wheels or tires.

Both discs you mention are among the best. I'd recommend breaking the tie with other criteria: weight, cost, tire preference, etc.

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!!

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No response back yet - David is checking into it.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe a bit off topic. But as I'm riding now on a Cervelo P5 and I am about to get a new personal trisuit with personal sponsorship on.
Is it allowed to use for example the 'Cervelo' mark on it or the 'é' on my trisuit?
Or who do I need to contact to see if it is possible to use this trademark?

Greetings

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys,

I am afraid that they are not shipping with R2C shifters. The R2Cs were in the plan but it looks like we were not able to source the right quantity in time. Given that we really want to avoid delays on the new spec'd models, we had to go with the normal shifters.

I really thought we did spec them and I apologize for the wrong information earlier in the thread.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Axolotl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Axolotl,

Feel free to email me directly and I will put you in touch with the appropriate person. You do require permission to us the é.

Thanks,

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:

Same colors, same decals, same design, just a satin clear coat instead of glossy.

Cheers,
I have one of each. I must admit that the satin finished bike looks killer right out ouf the box. But I have found it much more difficult to keep clean with high mileage.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys,
could someone please clarify what wheels a 2013 P5 will come with? The Cervelo wesite says Mavic Cosmic Elites, but all the pictures in the site appear to be shopwing Mavic Cosmic Carbone 80s. Thanks in advance.
Ron
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [FortyishForever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cosmic Elites. Go with the listed spec as that will be what we update if there is a change.

Happy New Year

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...Guys what is the difference in drag of p5-3 and p5-6
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
...Guys what is the difference in drag of p5-3 and p5-6

About 7 seconds per 40k, if you use the aduro aerobars on both.

You could reduce that gap a bit with a tririg Omega center pull brake on the P5-3 probably.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks jackmott ... in the white paper magura has proven to be pretty aeordynamic - you think tririg wd do better?

also in your two races you have done on p5-3 have you used ardura bar...to be honest my question here comes from the fact that not using arduro bar allows me for more adjustment and will be much easier to pack the bike in the bikebox
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They have been head to head in a wind tunnel:

Now this was a home made wind tunnel, with a non spinning wheel, but, I also think if you use a minimal brake lever like the vision, you will likely have a more aero lever than the magura levers.

Can't say for sure though.

R2 wrote:
thanks jackmott ... in the white paper magura has proven to be pretty aeordynamic - you think tririg wd do better?

also in your two races you have done on p5-3 have you used ardura bar...to be honest my question here comes from the fact that not using arduro bar allows me for more adjustment and will be much easier to pack the bike in the bikebox

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
perfect - was eyeing tririg omega for some time, now waiting for their aerobar!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
perfect - was eyeing tririg omega for some time, now waiting for their aerobar!

The Maguras are very pleasant to use though. I suggest giving them a test drive!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really disappointing. Will the price be adjusted to reflect the lower spec?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
notaero wrote:
Really disappointing. Will the price be adjusted to reflect the lower spec?

dude it never came with those wheels, to a close approximation no bike ever does, they just take a pictures with the fancy wheels so they look cool.

EDIT: got posters confused, I'm an idiot.

Last edited by: jackmott: Dec 31, 12 20:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, referring to the r2c.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can see how that can happen considering the context of the last few posts ;)

To be honest, I'm only a little disappointed but not suprised. I've been on order for 6 months, and the spec has changed from 7900 to red-12 and now lbs thinks they might not get bikes until the da-11 spec comes thru. I understand It's not cervelo engineerings fault but patience wears thin when a 3 month initial wait turns into 6 followed by an extra $300 on top of a $7k outlay. Probably just venting after another slow tt on my roadie.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hear that. I think the price was set without the R2C and I was initially just mistaken. Completely my fault. Sorry.

On the other hand, we are buying you some time to come up with a new Slowtwitch handle while you wait for the P5. Your current name obviously won't work. By the way, I resolve to see the bright side more often in 2013...

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seeing all these stories about extended delivery times keeps making me nervous about the February delivery being accurate for mine. I hope it doesn't get pushed back since I already sold my P2.

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My experience was pretty good - I ordered 2013 P5 three (56 cm) in September was told delivery would be before the first of the year - bike came in in November And it is a sweet bike!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you have to wonder how 2013s can be arriving before all the 2012s have been delivered
Quote Reply

Prev Next