Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Axolotl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jdgreena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was yours huh... I had my first fitting Friday night and picking mine up this Friday night... Hope your don't rack next to me at the races and we get them confused... :). (I had red bar tape and red tires put on mine if you see me) I'm planning a maiden voyage on Saturday morning, either DAM Loop or Parmer.

See you on the roads around ATX...

SP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI - The headset topcap is not used when running the Aduro bar. The "stem" sits directly on the top bearing/compression ring.
If you leave it in there will be a space between the fairing and the brake cover
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [140.6shawn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was your's the one with the sram red quarq power meter? George installed my Zipp Chronos cranks on mine. Reading this thread I did not think they would be compatible with the P5. They are.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jdgreena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep... Before I ordered the bike I read everything in this forum and was completely confused... All I knew was I wanted different extensions and a Quarq. I sat and discussed it with them and that is what I have. It all went together smoothly. Went with the Red Quarq to stay consistent. I also read all the Quarq forums and on their site so a little confused but I am sure I will figure it out. Went with Zipp Carbon S extensions. And my last minute upgrade was to go with a set of Mavic Ksyrium SL's.

I'm going to take my race wheel down and have them show me how to get them on and adjust the brakes to fit. I have an older set of 808's and a Blackwell Disk. Sounded like it should be easy but I would rather see it first before just trying it.

I have not posted a picture on ST before but I will try this weekend. Especially for all the folks who have asked about Quarq fitting or not fitting...

****I DO HAVE A QUESTION THOUGH**** Who out there in ST land has tried to mount a Garmin 500 on this bike? Where did you mount it? I have been thinking about it for a few weeks and need some suggestions if you have any. Thanks...

SP
Last edited by: 140.6shawn: Jan 17, 13 4:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet bike. Out of curiosity is your bike a 2012 or 2013 spec? I ordered back in November and was told February for a delivery, but I was specific to wanting a 2013 spec bike. Your bike looks to have the matte color of the 2013. I'm still waiting for mine to come in. I also ordered a P5-Six 58. I'm in the United States if you happen to be from another country.

Thanks,
Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the p5 six sram red 58 of 2013 indeed.
It has the matte colour. Also the 3T adura bar came in matte colour too!

I'm from Belgium (Europe)

Ordered the bike on the 11th of january, was at my local bike shop yesterday.
So very good delivery from here!

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks for the update. Maybe with any luck that means that mine will be here and ready soon. They haven't gotten a shipment notification yet. They've just been told it's in the February lot. I hope that's accurate since I already sold my P2 and just have my S2 for now!

Let us know how it goes when you get a ride on it!

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Irwin wrote:
jdgreena wrote:
Fwiw...I ordered my 51cm p5-6 in November 2012. Took delivery at ATC in Austin last week. My bike was the SRAM Red version.

I know availability is geographical, but it does seem like a bit of a joke that you can get one so quickly when other people are still waiting who placed their orders nearly a year before you.

x2.

In a couple of days it will be a year since I ordered. Still no firm delivery date.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool bike.

Any reason you have the RT6 TT brakes installed instead of the RT8 TT? I was thinking the RT8 TT was standard on the P5-6.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2013 is spec'd with RT6 regardless of which P5 you have. It's one of the changes they made. The P5 Six changes were the matte paint, adamo seat, Rotor 3D+ aero crank and the latest SRAM Red components I believe.

Shane
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [medic001918] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
medic001918 is correct. But I want to point out that the P5-Six frame set and Di2 9070 are still spec'd with the RT8. The Red build comes with the RT6. The bike is looking good though Ax!

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This works well. http://www.3tcycling.com/...omputer-mount-bridge

Depending on how long your extensions are, and if you run a horizontal bottle between the arms (do!), then you might need to play with the position to get everything perfect for you.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't wait to see you guys out on the roads, mine is waiting on getting my SRM fixed so it's maiden voyage is delayed.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello denali2001, sorry I missed your question earlier. Currently, we have qualified Hottubes as an authorized custom painter. Using Hottubes will keep your warranty intact.

Now that carbon frames are very common, many painters are gaining experience and can offer a good paint job without affecting the structure of the frame. If you have a painter in mind that you would like to use, DM me and I will try to look into it. We're always open to suggestions. Also, we are typically very reasonable with our warranty coverage when it comes to something like this. If there is an issue that is obviously not a result of the re-paint, we don't deny warranty on that technicality. It is important to point out that, if you do have a custom painted frame with a warranty, we are not responsible for the cost of a re-paint for the replacement frame.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the explanation. Hadn't noticed that. I need UCI legal though, so that's probably why I hadn't noticed the P5-6 changes :)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I know availability is geographical, but it does seem like a bit of a joke that you can get one so quickly when other people are still waiting who placed their orders nearly a year before you."

ATC has had numerous P5's in all sizes on order for over a year.
We didn't pre-sell a size 51 till this fall (and then we had 5 on order all the sudden).
The two 51 P5-6's being picked up this week were allocated to us from a long ago order (even though the customer sale was pretty recent)

I would say the availability is not geographical (in the US).
Any bike shop can order them at any point and many sizes are available today with more coming in the next 2 months.
51's have been particularly hard to get but that seems to be loosening up a bit.
Its up to the LBS to get them on order (and then be a squeaky wheel till its delivered).

http://www.austinTRIcyclist.com
http://www.Cannondale.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David,

Everything is mounted correctly and all is okay.
However how do you mount the little part above your breaks and under the aduro bar?

Nothing included which seems logic on how to mount that....

Greetz!

2016 Schedule:
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [AustinTriCyclst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity, do you have any 2013 spec P5 Six bikes with SRAM Red in a size 58?

Shane
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What part? The computer mount?

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Axotol,

I believe that the part you are talking about is what we call the "beard". It should have little holes in the top for the tiny screws that thread in directly to the bar. If you require spacers, one of them has similar holes in it to mount the beard. That spacer needs to go on the bottom regardless of how many spacers you use.

Make sense?

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post a detailed picture of every part tomorrow or so.

The nose cone.

This part. I see the 3 bolts at the top. but I don't have any piece to attach it to.

2016 Schedule:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David explained part of it. There should be a small triangular piece that looks like part of a spacer. There are a total of 6 screw holes on it...3 around the edges and 3 on the 'flat' part of it. The three on the edges are what you use to attach the 'beard'. The three on the top are what you use to attach the triangular piece to the bottom of the bar/stem OR to a spacer. Does that make sense? The triangular piece also has a hole in it for the brake line to pass through.

A friend of mine is getting his P5 custom painted. I will post the information when he emails me.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Strange that part is not included within my assembly parts.

David,

Who and what to contact for this?

2016 Schedule:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me! I recommend that you call the shop or distributor first to see if they have it lying around somewhere as that will be faster. It is a little triangular piece. If they don't have it, shoot me an email or DM and I will get one out to you.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply

Prev Next