Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me, I'd pick a powermeter. But, I'd only pick a power meter IF you are going to use it for something besides a $2,000 speedometer. So, if you are just going to look at the numbers and have no idea what they mean, then by all means get Di2. I think that a lot of athletes have PMs and they never really learn to use them or they have a coach that doesn't really use them either. So, it becomes a really expensive cadence/HR/speedo. A lot of people who are "anti" powermeters say if you're looking at the PM, you aren't really racing. But, really for "most" AGers, they are racing to have their best finish, and a PM can really help with that.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-BrandonMarshTX wrote:
Me, I'd pick a powermeter. But, I'd only pick a power meter IF you are going to use it for something besides a $2,000 speedometer. So, if you are just going to look at the numbers and have no idea what they mean, then by all means get Di2. I think that a lot of athletes have PMs and they never really learn to use them or they have a coach that doesn't really use them either. So, it becomes a really expensive cadence/HR/speedo. A lot of people who are "anti" powermeters say if you're looking at the PM, you aren't really racing. But, really for "most" AGers, they are racing to have their best finish, and a PM can really help with that.

Thanks. That was a good answer. I'm in the process of trying to convince guys to go powermeter before Di2, however, you are correct that they may end up using it as a glorified speedometer! Congrats on your race at Cozumel. Will we see you at P4000 Tremblant or do you think you can get enough points at other races before then? I assume you will go to P1500 Panama?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorting out a schedule now. Have to kind of evaluate what is important, and it's usually an easy-ish answer, which is making a living. So, some balancing of sponsor needs/bonuses when they specify those and making $$. But, I am more sold on heading to IMMTB than Panama, maybe with IMMTB being my first IM of the year. Panama is really early for me since I did CZM, and am taking a good 2-3 weeks with no real 'training'.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was hoping to get some input. I've decided to buy a new Tri bike this season and have s"settled" on the P5. After going to the local bike shop it looks like I'm good on a 56. The rub is that they say that the 6 (triathlon version) has very limited fitting options (fore and aft) due to the fixed bar position. They say that there's is more flexibility with the 3 (uci legal version). I've told myself that if I was going to buy a new bike I wanted 4 things 1) hide the front brake 2) hidden cables 3) better integration 4) Di2. After doing some research I found that hiding the brake on the p5 only save 17 grams (1-2 watts) however leaving the cables out in the wind can cost as much as 40 grams. From looking at some of the team pics it looks like you can hide the cables with the 3t aduro bar but I think that will only perpetuate the problem of sizing that they may have with the 6. Also if i did go with the aduro bar plus Di2 would the cost be very similar to the 6?Basically I need some help determining which way to go I'm not terribly concerned with the money but I also don't want to end up on a bike that doesn't fit me either. PLEASE HELP ASAP!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
really? one let's you actually train better/more efficiently the other makes shifting "easier". which has the ability to make you stronger and/or have more endurance?

racing is getting to finish line as fast as possible. if using a PM does that, not sure how that is not racing
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evne if all they had done was change the rear brake and ICS from the P4, that would have been enough. Those were nightmares, partic on the first iteration.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jsamples53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tri version (or P5-six) is still very adjustable in the fore-aft department. The only thing that you can't change is stem length. However, there is a large range of adjustment in where the arm rests are mounted. If you are on the correct size, you likely will not require a different stem length. The rests that ship with the Aduro are larger than most and a lot of people are finding that adds a certain amount of forgiveness in the saddle to arm pad dimension.

Also, the extensions are a simple adjustment as well. In my opinion, the only reasons to go UCI legal are cost and doing UCI TTs.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David & Damon

Thank you for you help - it is a great service both of you are doing by answering questions on the Cervelo products - I am very impressed with the service. I am really excited to get my P5 built up and get it on the road.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I opted for teh Red set up and a Quark power meter. Power meter are invaluable training tools and will make you faster. Di2 would be nice but to me is only a convenience - I find there are other upgrades I would rather spend my money on. Would love to have Di2 but money only goes so far

Bob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smaki wrote:
I opted for teh Red set up and a Quark power meter. Power meter are invaluable training tools and will make you faster. Di2 would be nice but to me is only a convenience - I find there are other upgrades I would rather spend my money on. Would love to have Di2 but money only goes so far

Bob

Post pics when you get it. I want to see more P5's with PM installed. I will eventually do this...so want to see what crank/PM people go with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, the SRAM Red Quarq works with the BBRight BB. I have used it both on my P5 and on my S5, no adaptors needed, just some washers to get the fit fine tuned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually, I have put an s975 BB30 on another guy's P5, no problems either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

Can you comment on the compatibility of the SRAM SRM S975 BB30 crank with the P5?

Thanks,
Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfectly compatible. Follow Damon's instructions above. It will work nicely with the stock bottom bracket.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had to share. :)

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this picture suuuuuuuuucks, been waiting for my P5 7 months, didn't get it wet did you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love it! Talk to me about Build. What about options? I will take any suggestions that you have. I am ready, it is available, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's my coaches bike he is trying to sell right now. It has Campy Chorus, Quark PM/SRAM crank. It's a great bike.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So i dont have to read through 80 pages on this thread, can someone tell me the adjustment range of the arm pad with on the P5 Adura aero bar.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Taylorman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David or Damon may correct me, but I think think you can move the pad 25mm forward or back from the center bolts. I think the same pads can be widened by the same amounts (this is less certain though, so hopefully someone can confirm).

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think everything you need he here: http://www.cervelo.com/...e-71c6b8e317eb-0.pdf

David
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david wrote:
I think everything you need he here:http://www.cervelo.com/...e-71c6b8e317eb-0.pdf[/quote[/url]]

Thanks David but pad width is not in there.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you when will the 2013 11 speed Di2 be out and spec'd?

David
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Just had to share. :)

I would leave my girlfriend if I could have your gear
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Taylorman,

David and the CPT seem to have a good handle on this. But, here are all of the numbers on the Aduro bar
  • 95mm Pad width
  • Fore/aft adjustment is +/- 25mm from the centre position
  • 3 different width options (measured centre - centre) 145mm, 175, 205mm

And, of course, all of the different stack options.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply

Prev Next