Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also have something to add here although it is a week late. My wife and I go to the pool on Christmas eve around noon due to the pool closing at 1:30 pm. Every lane had swimmers in them and most lanes had to share. This is no problem to share and I go a lane and ask the swimmer in it if i can share he says no. He then proceeds to do a breaststoke and freestyle medley for a about five minutes to which he announces to me after another 100 I can share the lane with him. He finally let's me in the lane and I tell him that I hope I do not hold him up and proceed to do 150 to each of his 50's. I asked the guard while I was waiting that I thought you were supposed to share and the reply was techinically you are supposed to share. I will share the lane with anyone regardless of ability. I am a fairly decent swimmer and don't need a whole lot of space because I can hod a straight line and can get by with about 1/3 of a lane but I guess my lanemate was overcome with x-mas spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's weird. I didn't a similar double take the other day as my 200s were the same to the second. IT took me a while to realise that the battery is dying the hand was just flicking from 16 seconds past the minute to 17 seconds and back!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at the pool and the other day and there was this guy who seemed like a pretty average swimmer doing laps. The thing is he was doing all these weird somersaults and flips at the end of each lap and he kept bouncing off the bottom of the pool or missing the wall and looked like he was trying to drown himself.

oh wait. that was me :p
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just a few days ago I was between sets and said hello to my lane mate. I noticed he had an accent so I asked "Hey, are you British?"

And then he got really angry and yelled at me "No, I am ENGLISH, and you have offended me!"

Wierdo.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by JulianInEngland [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: JulianInEngland: Jan 4, 09 3:03
Quote | Reply
It's hilarious.

You have a 'kick me' sign on your back - and you were the one who put it there.
Last edited by: Learn: Jan 4, 09 14:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I thought the British had a sense of humor.
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And I thought the British had a sense of humor.

Most of us do

Rob (1/2 Scottish, 1/2 English so please call me British)

Vanity Blog http://triathlonfoolishness.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [RobK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
heh. Nice signature. I can make a similar one:

I'm 1/2 Irish and 1/2 Scottish, so please call me a cab.
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [JulianIntheLoo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's that saying? Never argue with a moron because he'll drag you down to his level then beat you with experience?

This whole British/English thing is going to be lost on 99% of the Americans on this forum (myself included) and with all due respect, just let it go.

I thought Learn had a funny one liner there, you should be flattered that you've been made fun of by one of the more well known posters rather than getting your "bloomers" or "sister's knickers" or whatever it is you people from the UK wear around your bits and pieces in a bunch.

And back to the Strange Denizens!

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Last edited by: pito00: Jan 5, 09 1:20
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Bob Loblaw [ In reply to ]
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Bob Loblaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, talk about having your cake and eating it, Bob. I don't think I have done anything wrong in ascerting my right to an opinion. However, I will delete my posts in order to keep the thread on topic. I don't expect you to treat Learn the same and get him to delete, but there you are.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So where is your passport from then?

UK/EU?

I thanks ye.

Ali - Born in London, Scottish dad, Welsh mum - proud to be British. Go back to flying an England flag from your car window and reading the sun.
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Parsnip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wind your neck in, you mutt and let's get back to the swim topics.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What are you babbling about now? Oh how I've missed you. Did you manage to pull all the legs off the spiders?

"Blah Blah Blah im British, Blah Blah Blah dont call me English"
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [dutchboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Swimming, the thread's about swimming. Talk about that or go to another thread.

Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Parsnip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh - the Sun.

So do they still have to go to Ireland to find women to put on Page 3?
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Learn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Just a few days ago I was between sets and said hello to my lane mate. I noticed he had an accent so I asked "Hey, are you British?"

And then he got really angry and yelled at me "No, I am ENGLISH, and you have offended me!"

Wierdo.
what and odd turn in this thread. an uncalled for dig at julians signature (which may mean nothing to the average american) and then a pile on onto
the innocent party. did i miss something?
strange denizens of the interweb i suppose...

how about some strange denizens of the pool (again).

hmmm....how about today at the pool. 80ish year old woman sitting on the edge of the pool in the leisure lane, clearly pissing. i realize it may get a bit
tricky at that age to time things like that properly, but come on....at least get into the pool first like everyone else!
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [idk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, here is a swimming one. At my local pool there are two guys who swim every lunchtime for half an hour. I call them "Fatman and Dobbin". Fatman is about 35 and, well, fat. I guess about 100kg. Dobbin looks about 60 years old. They turn up, jump in the fast lane and do sets of 100m IM, including fly, whether there are other people or not. They both go pretty fast, even fatman, although he always, always uses a pull bouy. He has a special one wrapped in some form of decaying elastic fabric that is always there clenched between his flabby thighs. Another strange thing that they do is that they don't start each set by kicking off from the wall, they walk about 10m down the pool and then do a dive.

Vanity Blog http://triathlonfoolishness.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: CHRISTMAS Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [idk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you suggesting that I falsified my SDotP story merely to mock Julian's proud ethnic heritage of superlative dentistry, renowned haute cuisine, and the ground-breaking musical phenomenon known as Lady Soveriegn?

Why sir, how dare you?

How dare you, indeed!
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Schwingding] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, the crazy tri sub-group. There's always some stealth magnetic propulsion person with invisibly smooth motion gliding freaky fast lengths, who you never see move an arm or leg. Where's the rope, magnet or motor that's moving him?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [DamonHenry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flip turn, quickly surface..stop... and blow snot from nose.....repeatedly
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice post. Had me laughing hard. However, you neglected to mention one thing about the "walker ladies"...
they like the pool heated to 85+. At our Y, it's a constant battle between the swimmers liking 78, and "walker ladies" wanting 85+.

I've long wondered what the extra cost is in heating a large pool the extra 7-8 degrees :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next