Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [slink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did my third swim this week, back in he pool since September. Problem, there have been no "denizens" of worthy discuss........I wonder if they read this thread and don't swim anymore.....or cleaned up their act?

http://theworldthroumyeyes.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DOUBLE ARM BACKSTROKE GUY - This guy has full face/nose goggles. He does the double arm backstroke with slow, but powerful strokes. He blows out like a whale releasing water out of its blowhole on every stroke. I once came to the pool and asked the lifegaurd how long he had been in there, she said 45 minutes. I did like 4k and he finally got out a few minutes before I was done.

DEEP WATER RADIO GUY. - This guy would be there every saturday bobbing in the deep end listening to some AM radio station (on his own radio he brought to the pool) where "news stories" were being told by some bitter sounding old guy...sorta like that guy on 60 minutes who is always pissed about something.

GET INTO YOUR LANE AND SWIM STRAIGHT OUT YOU WITHOUT LETTING YOU KNOW (GUY/GAL) - This is THE most annoying person at the pool. The don't understand circle swimming, or taking sides of the lane....or even that you don't have a 6th sense that lets you know that someone has hopped into your lane. They like to wait until you are flip turning on the other end and then they hop in and start swimming straight down the lane. I have been nearly kicked out of a few pools b/c of confrontations with these people!!!

Ruble Triathlon Coaching Average of 30 coached PR's per year
Florida Triathlon Camps Train in North Americas winter training destination
Ruble Racing Events Midwest Triathlon Racing
Ruble Timing Midwest Event Timing
Last edited by: BIGZACH: Dec 23, 07 9:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
New species sighted on Saturday..."I'm just gonna get in your lane and swim without talking to you Guy"...I see this young dude dicking around with his goggles near my lane at the deep end...I figure he wants to share, no big deal. As I make the turn, I see he's already in the water on the other side of the lane...again, no big deal, I figure I'll talk to him down there and figure out what he wants to do. As I reach the midway mark, whoosh, he goes right past me. Hmmm, that was nice...couldn't even be bothered with a "do you mind sharing the lane"....as I reach the deep end and turn around, he's still swimming, and I've got to guess what he's gonna do next...is he gonna try and circle swim, or is he going to stay on that side? I guess he's going to stay over there, since that's what 99% of the folks around here do if there's only two people in the lane (plus I think that's the rule posted somewhere...2 people to a lane, you split, 3+ you circle swim), so I head back on the other side. Sure enough, half-way down....whammo! Big collision...I stand up, fairly annoyed, and he....keeps going! Doesn't even bother to say anything. So, now that I know we are circle swimming, start following him. Eventually, he stops, since I am catching him, and I (in a nice way) tell him that its just common courtesy to let the other guy know what the plan is. He was quite sheepish about it, so I couldn't really stay annoyed with him. This is the second time this has happened to me at this pool...is it really that hard to let somebody know you are going to getting into the lane? Its really not a big deal, but I'm not a big fan of whacking skulls together, either.

Spot
I HAAAAAATTTTEEEEEEEEEE THESE PEOPLE!!!!! Usually I dont see them, and its a total suprise to be ramming heads with them....then they get pissed off at me!!

Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [BIGZACH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen anyone list 250lb. full make up with bright red lipstick, perfume and textured multi colored swim cap lady. Maybe i'm the only one that gets the honor of swimming next to her. I love smelling a nasty ass perfume scent in the water for an hour. It's great. Maybe she will be there today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed these posts, but I can't stand these people either.

----------------------------------------------------------
Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's more of an irritation because I want to stop the guy and just ask him why he's doing it. I mean, he has enough initiative to a.) get up at 4 or 4:15 to get to the Masters group, b) pay above average money to be in the masters program, and c) swim 9-12k a week, but he still insists on swimming within 20 inches of the guy in front of him when they share a 50m lane.

Just doesn't make any sense. You'd think someone who was willingly swimming that much would want to actually swim on his own. For a while, I would tell myself that the two guys were part of a training team that was preparing for some outrageous swim. But that's not true.

Just one of those things that seems so strange that you just really want to figure it out.

Existence precedes Essence.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [goallout] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Downtown Orlando Y, lunchtime on weekdays you will find "Hydration Guy" - He only swims 100s, and after each he will stop and take a drink from one of the many bottles he has lined up. No rational reason why I find this annoying, but....

Oh, and since there's a small chance some guys from the Orlando Y might read this post, I'd like to let you know that it is OK to use a towel when you are walking around the locker room...and to and from the shower...and on the scale....and as you stand in front of your locker seemingly doing nothing but just 'hanging out'. The downtown Y has waaaay too much unnecessary nakedness during lunch hours.

If it's a YMCA pool, the lightning wanders around the locker room naked for an hour, then uses the blow dryer on its junk. -lunchbox
Last edited by: hjghost: Dec 23, 07 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [keeldragger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about the dorks that wear flip flops and take them off just before they get in the pool? come on I've been swimming since I was 8 (40 now) and have never caught anything growing on my feet. They act like you will die instantly if their feet touch the pool deck or shower.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [ShoMyOFace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can't recognize the denziens then you probably are one.

I am guessing TRIDORK WHO HASN'T BEEN AROUND SINCE SEPTEMBER, BUT STILL STRUTS AROUND LIKE HE OWNS THE PLACE.

Happy birthday Jesus.

Merry Christmas,

Lewis
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [triathlete37] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's me when I'm spending more than ten hours a week in the pool. The skin on the bottom of my feet starts to crack badly with too much cholrine exposure, and with the cracks and the new, unprotected skin down there, walking across pool tile without flip flips or shoes on ends up becoming physically painful.

I tried darn near every skin product available, and nothing would stop it from happening.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the lane next to me, I had Cameron Frye from Ferris Bueller guy. He let himself just sink to the bottom of the pool and just sit there until any observer would think he is dead. He kept doing this over and over.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
member of a canadian ymca - had to add, "mentally challenged patron that takes a dump in the pool everytime", effectively ending my workouts and making me feel sick to my stomach (i know he can't help it, but aren't there special underpants for that sort of thing?).

and "guy who waits at the end of the pool so he can go under water to watch you flip turn". i never know if he is watching because he wants to learn or if he's just a creep.

http://www.fechrissy.blogspot.com
Trisports.com CPARK - S for 10% off
nuun
Splish
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Fe chrissy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone mentioned HORNY TEENAGE COUPLE? - The soon to be teenage mother/father doing who knows what with their hands under the water. Usually its the guy who is the aggressive one, and keeps trying to kiss the girl and trying to get her up against the wall(although the girl doesn't really try to get away)....Since they aren't allowed to go to eachothers house anymore, they have their parents drop them off at the YMCA so they can try and make babies in the pool!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have seen this!!!! The young couple moved out of the pool and into the whirlpool right next to the pool. I was starting to get nauseated just watching them, so I called security to come scare them away. I never got in that hot tub again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone mentioned HORNY TEENAGE COUPLE? - The soon to be teenage mother/father doing who knows what with their hands under the water. Usually its the guy who is the aggressive one, and keeps trying to kiss the girl and trying to get her up against the wall(although the girl doesn't really try to get away)....Since they aren't allowed to go to eachothers house anymore, they have their parents drop them off at the YMCA so they can try and make babies in the pool!
Christ man...new gym has a Co-Ed whirlpool. Not many adults in there....I actually made a sign "Hands must remain above the water surface at all times" and used this image on it. It was posted for about a day.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [keeldragger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How 'bout this one:

Overly buff tri-chick girl. She shows up about 15 minutes into warmup wearing a 3 size too small red string bikini and stands on deck next to the coach for a "pose down" stretch regimen while he is trying to explain the upcoming set.

When she does get in the pool it is in a lane over her head by about 10 seconds per hundred. Fortunately for her she only swims about 20 minutes and then gets out.

Questions:

1. Was she a Balco client ?
2. I don't get the bikini since she now has lost what she had up there and is now an "A- cup" ?
3. Do any of you dudes think a tri-girl with man muscles is hot ? (I don't).
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [MonicaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeha...one night I came to swim during rec hours at my college pool, and of the lifegaurds was telling me some students (so they were college aged!) had been kicked out of the diving well for trying to have sex!! AND it was the night before I came!!! I still swam though..haha...can't miss a workout!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I didn't even think of that... when I was living in Paris, I saw that in most swims that I took.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure this guy has been mentioned before on this thread, but I had never seen him before my trip to the Bally's by my parent's house...

White swim suit guy!

I threw up little in my mouth. And no, it wasn't double lined...

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [FLA Jill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's me when I'm spending more than ten hours a week in the pool. The skin on the bottom of my feet starts to crack badly with too much cholrine exposure, and with the cracks and the new, unprotected skin down there, walking across pool tile without flip flips or shoes on ends up becoming physically painful.

I tried darn near every skin product available, and nothing would stop it from happening.
Sorry to break up the inane lunacy of the thread, but I actually know how to help this. I had really bad dermatitis as a kid, and my hands and feet would crack open badly. For the feet, use hydrocortisone cream, THICK layer of vaseline, put plastic baggies on your feet, then socks to hold it all in place overnight. Kinda messy, takes time to get used to, but it DID work well. Maybe there's something better now, as this was 20 years ago.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll vouch for this remedy! I have the same problem with cracked heels and it works great. Once you have it under control (not bleeding through your socks on runs) try using Shea Butter after the moring shower. Gold Bond makes a good one.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today what is better is Regranex (sp) it is prescription only, about $500 a tube and I am betting will show as positive for steroids - have some in my fridge right now.

But, day to day I use vaseline, plastic bags and have at it.

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
...another patron of the local Y, Mr Butt Flosser...

Does it really require 30 seconds of vigorous "flossing" to dry off your butt and balls?
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Christ man...new gym has a Co-Ed whirlpool. Not many adults in there....I actually made a sign "Hands must remain above the water surface at all times" and used this image on it. It was posted for about a day.
Quote Reply
Re: Strange Denizens of the Pool.... [Fe chrissy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and "guy who waits at the end of the pool so he can go under water to watch you flip turn". i never know if he is watching because he wants to learn or if he's just a creep.

A little of both.

Apologies.
Quote Reply

Prev Next