Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ATC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good video here:

http://www.youtube.com/...&feature=related

They mention 55g vs competitor's bikes... white paper soon???

Duncan
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

Just before you get all the questions on your white paper, I wanted to clarify the packing a little more. From the photos and diagrams it seems that the cable routing over the stem into the top tube is very tight - is there enough slack that you can lay the bars beside the frame in the bike box?

Thanks for answering all these questions - great for someone like myself overseas without a local Cervelo dealer.

Duncan
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DClarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DClarke wrote:
They mention 55g vs competitor's bikes... white paper soon???

Hmm, what happened to 30 seconds... maybe that was against the P4.

I wish they would just release the white paper instead of more marketing. I'm still waiting to find out what exactly it is that I've already paid for (gulp!). I can't imagine that delays in getting it written up are a good sign, but we'll see.
Last edited by: matto: Mar 3, 12 23:06
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Duncan,

Yes, there's enough slack in the cables. You're exactly right - the bar lies flat next to the frame for packing.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, 55g is the P5's aero drag advantage compared to the closest non-Cervelo tri bike.

Yes, white paper soon. It's done, in review now. Now that BrainBike US is completed (nice riding here in Tucson!), we're headed back to HQ to finish the editing eh. :-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,
One quick question regardling UCI rule that were just released and posted on ST.
The rule as I read it for getting a UCI frame label on bike is apparently for frame and fork together.
So if true, then will the P5 Tri bike get a sticker? Cause my plan was getting the tri bike and a UCI legal
fork to put on when needed. But if I need a sticker on bike then that plan is foiled.
thanks
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi drgwood,

You're right that the UCI Approval is for the frame and fork together, but the sticker only goes on the frame.

In the case of the P5, there is one P5 frame, which is UCI Approved.

However there are two P5 framesets:
The P5-Three frameset is legal and the frame will have the UCI Approval sticker.
The P5-Six frameset is not legal... but should the frame have the UCI Approval sticker?
Also, changing the fork technically makes an illegal P5-Six into a legal P5-Three.

This is a situation the UCI has not anticipated...

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its up to the UCI and predicting what they will do is tricky, but I would hope you wouldn't get hassled not having the sticker. They should have a list of approved frames.

I would think that the frames would all have the sticker. Even if the frame and fork is tested its really the frame that "matters" Rider change forks all the time on road bikes.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well the rule reads like the sticker is necessary regardless of an approved list.
So will all P5 frames have stickers?
Your ? after the P5-6 makes me think you do not know yet?
Poses a big ? for those of us planning on doing Master Nationals given the 10k investment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frame and fork stickers? Sounds too simple, I know ...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi drgwood,

I just got out of a Skype meeting with the Product Manager and Project manager who is currently at our factory.
All P5 frames will have the UCI Approved sticker.
So your plan to switch forks should work. :-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Damon
That info is huge help. I am going to take it for granite that bike is fastest thing out there (hint white paper?)
But UCI issues are another thing.
Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're welcome drgwood!
Glad to help. It is. (Still in review.)
No kidding!
Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
drgwood wrote:
granite

Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As in set in stone. ;-)

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of any P5s moving in retail land yet?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rmur] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we are in for a bit more of a wait amigo... Maybe it is a good sign that F. Van Lierde will be racing a P5 at IM Melbourne this weekend?

I've really learned my lesson this year waiting for my P5. I disassembled and parted out my old CD0.1 at the end of 2011 thinking that I'd be on a P5 at the very beginning of 2012.... Seriously, this might be the stupidest thing I've ever done... As they say "a bird in the hand, is worth two in the bush."

I've been borrowing bikes from friends since January, not willing to blow more $$ on another bike fearing that the P5 might show up soon afterwards.... Pretty frustrating that whenever the new bike arrives I'll have to get used to a new bike all over again mid-season... Definitely not ideal....

Hopefully Cervelo starts shipping soon, or at least makes an attempt to convey **some** information about when we might expect shipments.... I'd rather have bad news and be able to make a decision, opposed to not getting any information at all....Very bad PR

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Last edited by: kevintaddonio: Mar 23, 12 9:13
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [kevintaddonio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quoting the cervelo rep in this thread:

"All 4 configurations (the P5 & P5 Tri framesets and the P5 DA & P5 DA Di2 complete bikes) will begin shipping to our retailers and distributors in March. With any new product, the overall production quantities slowly ramp up and initial quantities per month are in the magnitude of the small hundreds, not thousands. Initial shipments will be in sizes 54, 56 & 58. All remaining sizes will be available at retail before the end of May. Given the overwhelmingly positive reaction from nearly every region - we know that demand will far outstrip our initial supply.
"

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember you saying the shop was going to offer you a P3 while you waited. Still not sure why you sold a current bike before having your hands on the new one; I think that's the lesson to be learned.

Look like the earliest you could get it would be April. The earliest P5-6 bikes are coming end of April.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My LBS claims I'll have mine by the end of April. I'll believe it when I see it, but that's what they're telling me.

When I purchased they agreed that if I don't have it by May I can have my money back... so at least I have the option to walk.

Of course that means I wouldn't have a bike. I've already started browsing ebay for P4's just in case. Crazy
Last edited by: matto: Mar 23, 12 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw one "in the flesh" at the LBS the other night (not a floor model for sale, but a "first look" demo kind of affair). You won't be dissapointed when you get it, so hang in there.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you got my email explaining my extended absence. I've sent out numerous free items to help to calm any frayed nerves. If you ordered an IH Dust Shield from me, did you receive it yet...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought that you are QR sponsored?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks fast!

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Quote Reply