Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ScottWassy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I wonder if you can put a strip of electrical tape over the camel toe.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [glib] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who knows? Covering up the deer hoof might be good for an additional 30 seconds over 40K...
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
so on a complete bike with wheels and gruppo and frame and everything, there are 3 minutes 50 seconds left.

I say within a few years they'll figure out a way to put a decent dent in that. For the non-UCI legal version anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ScottWassy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ScottWassy wrote:
Some good photos on Aaron Hersh's site.

Didn't notice before that the brake cover is three piece. Do those lower covers move with the brake calipers?

I'm picturing a "single piece" cover with a solid leading edge from aero bars to the forks with moving covers fixed directly onto the upper part of the caliper arms...

Yes, they move. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KvPxNwNZ6Y Min 1:45

http://cds-0.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Epic-o: Jan 24, 12 23:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
glib wrote:
And while 40% seems like a lot, it's still just a few watts.
Yes, just pointing out that the cost per Watt saved is basically the same compared to the P4 whether you go UCI legal or illegal. So all you have to decide is whether or not you're willing to pay that amount per Watt, and if you are, which of the two Watt saving options you want at that price per Watt ;-)

In a sense it's a bargain if you've run out of ways to save drag, as you can't choose to keep paying more and saving further drag at the same cost per Watt. Once you've got the most aero bike and wheels, got the best helmet, skinsuit and position etc, no realistic amount of money will take any more drag off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Er, doesn't that "dent" open up when you use the brakes? I'm thinking all the talk about superior braking of hydraulics might be moot is you tape them open.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is alright as brakes are only "speed reducers" anyways!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those better not be, I can find lots or brakes that don't work for less$$ ;-).

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
styrrell wrote:
Those better not be, I can find lots or brakes that don't work for less$$ ;-).

The opening feature actually enhances the "braking function"...ever heard of "air brakes" ;-)

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one beautiful ride. I hope Cervelo updates the T3 track bike to match.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

We have just gained a little more information into our delivery schedules for the new P5. Here is the news:

All 4 configurations (the P5 & P5 Tri framesets and the P5 DA & P5 DA Di2 complete bikes) will begin shipping to our retailers and distributors in March. With any new product, the overall production quantities slowly ramp up and initial quantities per month are in the magnitude of the small hundreds, not thousands. Initial shipments will be in sizes 54, 56 & 58. All remaining sizes will be available at retail before the end of May. Given the overwhelmingly positive reaction from nearly every region - we know that demand will far outstrip our initial supply.

For those who have already made the decision to buy a new P5, thank you - I strongly encourage you to speak to your local shop quickly to ensure you're on the list. In the coming weeks, we will be providing the specific availability details to each retailer and distributor. Due to the varying transit times, supply quantities and demand per region, only your retailer can offer you the exact availability info.

Thanks for the excitement, patience & support. Exciting times at Cervelo!

Jared
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jared_boudreau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jared_boudreau wrote:
Hi everyone,

All 4 configurations (the P5 & P5 Tri framesets and the P5 DA & P5 DA Di2 complete bikes) will begin shipping to our retailers and distributors in March.

Does this apply to Europe too?

Ordered mine already!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [yonadav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sure does Yonadav.

Congratulations on the purchase of your new rocket & thanks for the support.

Cheers, Jared.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
The "X-Lo" is planned to be available separately. We don't expect many will order it, as it only gets you 20mm lower than the Low and limits arm pad reach to just one position directly on top of the base bar.

Does it cost extra? Is there an estimate on when it will be available?
Last edited by: matto: Jan 25, 12 21:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jared
When will our LBS have updated delivery info on the bikes?
I had ordered one a while back site unseen confident that Cervelo
would come through. So hoping for march but my LBS
just doesn't know
Thanks for good news I hope
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Prototype Torhans for the top tube

- Jake
------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: jcooley: Jan 25, 12 16:52
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jcooley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I take it that has provision for turning the handlebars? A curved recess? Looks good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i assume srms (DA) will work with the BBright?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [studodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most SRMs work with BBright using the Rotor 46-24 bottom bracket.
Only a few early ones have too small a hole in the plastic cover.

Just got internet service back up here in Fuerteventura. After 1 day I now know I'm a Slowtwitch junkie... ;-)

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Anyway, it's certainly simple to use different bars on a P5, since the fork, headset and stem are non-proprietary 1 1/8" (28.6mm) diameter and completely compatible. The Tulas tested very well in our wind tunnel testing, good choice there.

Not using the new bar should help Cervelo out to, initially at least - production is ramping up, but I expect we won't be able to satisfy demand for some time.

Thanks for mentioning that they tested very well in your tunnel testing. I've heard similar from others and as I need a UCI legal bar with low stack they seem like a very good choice.

I guess you tested with the aero pods (the ends with vertical brake levers)? Since you mentioned that for the development of the Aduro bar you found the classic vertical levers to be fastest, I wonder if you would have any numbers or just general observations/general feelings for how the Tula with the flight pod (and with some classic minimalist lever like e.g. the ones from 3T or the new Maguro ones if the brakes are possible to obtain) would influence on the drag?

Also, if you can share any order of magnitudes between aero bars it would be great - but I know you probably can't divulge too much about that (or maybe I should just wait for the white paper - I hope you soon get to finish that!).

Always glad to help out Cervélo ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Just got internet service back up here in Fuerteventura. After 1 day I now know I'm a Slowtwitch junkie... ;-)

Welcome to the club :)

Since I'm going to Fuerteventura on Sunday, how long do Brain Bike officially last and, perhaps more importantly, will I have a chance to see a P5 "in the flesh" or will everyone and their new superbikes have left after this weekend?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thread has been up for a week now and we will unstick it today. But the discussion of course can continue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Damon,

P2C 61cm (w/1cm spacer &10cm 80° stem) measured today as per your recommended link
reach is 522mm - stack is 655mm (drop 175mm)

... looks like a P5 61cm with 0,5cm spacer and low bar does match.

I understand, P5 aero details/tunnel data are to arrive in the announced whitepaper.

Regarding weight ...
.. is there any indication for larger frames if/how larger aero surfaces will be affecting it - relative towards P2/3/4? (Buy more aero, pay with more weight?)
Earlier, it was mentioned that early (pre-)production(?) frames may be a few grams heavier - does Cervelo work with limiting tolerances?

Thank you very much indeed and hoping you find some time to enjoy Fuerteventura...

cheers, Hart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A little late to the party on the geometry tables, but the BB drop was a big factor in me ditching my p3 for the speedconcept. This change was one of the first things I noticed. Great call.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
It can be done very easily if you take some time and look around. Be creative and find a solution as I know many people that have hacked the Di2 and put buttons wherever they want them. There are also other options that are standard from Shimano. Can be a lot smaller in my opinion which I have seen people do already. Sprinter options can be used as well and they say in conjunction with main shifters but I have seen other again to this without using the main shifters.

Stop looking at the tree as there is a forest behind it.

So you have seen someone use a Shimano sprint shifter in conjunction with standard Di2 bar shifter set-up? Because you just can not just plug and play. You wouldn't have a link by chance? got HED aerobars with brakes built in that
I would love to do this for?
any other links to creative "Buttons" would be appreciated
cheers
Quote Reply

Prev Next