Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [studodd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I will bite, 30-31mph average in a triathlon?, really?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [yme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no. dont do tri anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to order my P5 and was told the X-Lo may get scrapped entirely.

Pick your frame size carefully folks.
Last edited by: matto: Jan 28, 12 13:21
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You going to need a better bike to out split me in NYC :0) How everything going? Hope all is swell ;0)

Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bmanners wrote:
You going to need a better bike to out split me in NYC :0) How everything going? Hope all is swell ;0)

Why train when you can buy speed? That's my motto. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I just put down a deposit for a P5 Di2 at my lbs.

I talked to the mechanic and we spent some time looking at the photos of the bars. He was pretty confident that he could set up the sprint shifters near the brake handles and keep the cable inside the bar.

So now just have to wait.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
I tried to order my P5 and was told the X-Lo may get scrapped entirely.

Pick your frame size carefully folks.
Hi matto,

The X-Lo is expected to be in low (no pun intended) demand, so won't be included (the plan is to include the other two bars, Low and High-V).

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [yme] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yme wrote:

x2

and by that, I mean it's like twice as fast as you might expect, right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon
But it is going to be offered correct?
And I think you mentioned earlier it is only in the CAD stage of design?
So if going to be offered, when? sounds like well behind the release of bike by a good ways. I have already spent the time in wind tunnel so I am very confident in my current position and will need to x-low to make the P5 system work.
I realize that we can put any aerobar on but it's hard to settle for that when Cervelo tells us the Aduro is the fastest and more importantly is integrated and designed for the frame. And let's face it, it just looks cool too ha ha
Hopefully you give us the next best aerodynamic aerobar options in the white paper?
Thanks
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Posuer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using sprint shifters shouldn't be a problem at all. In fact, I just cut and spliced d-sub pins to ends and the shifters plug directly into the Shimano TT wire like the TT brake shifters would.
The Aduro just needs to be slotted on bottom of bullhorns like other basebars and internal routing will be a cinch.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Rob,

Yes, the plan is to offer the X-Lo. We need it for ProTour riders anyway, so it will be made. And you're right - it's just in CAD stages now so will probably follow some time after the initial P5 deliveries.

Nice that you've been in the wind tunnel. Which one? How would you describe your experience?

Yeah, Robert Pike (another Rob!) did a great job designing the Aduro - he sits opposite me at Cervelo HQ in Toronto, so I got to see it taking shape on his CAD screen. :-) We've had SLAs with the final shape of the Low and High-V in the wind tunnel, and so far we've found no aero difference, so riders whose position offers a choice of frame and bar size combinations can consider other reasons as usual (availability, stand over, future positioning direction, etc.).

White paper coming soon. I "have" a Spanair flight tomorrow, so if I'm stranded here I'm not sure if that'll make the white paper earlier or later! ;-)

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon
I live only a few hours away from A2 in Mooresville NC and I have been able to go a couple of times now. Mike Giraud was excellent to work with and experiences have been great. Well worth the investment. I understand they have more automatic system up and running now (not sure that makes up for loss of Mike)
Anyway I got really dialed in on my P4 so I guess a trip will be in order to make sure the same is true on my new P5.
thanks for info
Rob
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [gregn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregn wrote:
yme wrote:

x2
Stu rode sub 49 mins for a 25 mile TT at least 3 times in 2011. If it ever takes him 50 mins to ride 25 miles, he wonders why he had such a bad day :D
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
9 last year. 2 back to back :-)

alas the RTA has put pay to anymore of that, or any riding!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Irwin wrote:
gregn wrote:
yme wrote:

x2

Stu rode sub 49 mins for a 25 mile TT at least 3 times in 2011. If it ever takes him 50 mins to ride 25 miles, he wonders why he had such a bad day :D

Links to results?

-------------------------------
Ignorance is bliss until they take your bliss away.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [pito00] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://cyclingtimetrials.org.uk/...&gv592__gvfl0=12
The national champs 25 was a slow course, but I think Stu must have also had a pretty bad day to come 19th. Anyway, don't want to hijack the P5 thread, but Stu isn't exaggerating when he says he spends a lot of time above 30mph in TTs.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drgwood wrote:
Using sprint shifters shouldn't be a problem at all.
The Aduro just needs to be slotted on bottom of bullhorns like other basebars and internal routing will be a cinch.

That's what the mechanic thought. Hope it works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty much all last year >30mph. nat 25 was my first ride back after 2 weeks with a chest virus and i sat up. wank day and cse.

bring back tot he OP, the low BB will be an issue at speed on RBTs and bends. the bike will be stable but i wouldnt want to pedal in a bend. as pointed out, doesnt appear as low as the SC but still be tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damon,

I have a 51 on order and will definitely use the X-low (if not a lower bar if that doesn't quite meet my needs). Without the X-low coming with my order, how long will I have to wait? As the 51s are not the first to be produced, will the X-low bar be produced by the time that frame size?

Cheers,
Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Steve Irwin wrote:
gregn wrote:
yme wrote:

x2

Oh it's not ME that needs convincing!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Jack,

I don't have visibility into delivery dates, so your Cervelo dealer will have the best answer once the design is closer to final.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

stick with me on this one, It waffles a bit

This one is for Damon.......but anyone else chime in please.........

1 - Seriously considering pulling the trigger on a P5. Have taken stack and reach measurements and compared to the Table supplied by cervelo.
Stack - 575mm.
Reach - 515mm.

This gives me a reading that runs with the bottom end of the scale (470 - 520) on a 54cm P5. This measure also runs parallel with (541 - 501) on a 51cm frame.

With regard to the 54cm, does this mean I will be unable to obtain a lower position if required.
With regard to the 51cm - is this the wrong size entirely. I'm assuming I can go lower - but will need spacers if a little too low.

My problem is that I seem to sit right on the border between the two sizes. 51/54cm. I have a long back and arms, but shorter legs. So I feel restricted on a 54 in terms of lowering position. Yet on a 51 the bike seems too small. I will be upgrading from a P4. I have in the past (due to warranty issues) ridden both the 51 and the 54.

Always felt faster on the 51cm P4........but judging by the geometry the P5 is even shorter and taller than the P4.
(call me a gorilla if you want ;->) but I weigh 69kgs!!!!!

basically I fit both a 51 and 54cm P4 will the same be true for the P5

Secondly,

If I missed any other post regarding this.....apologies.......

I'm a little fearful of the quality issues regarding the bike. I was an early adopter for the P4 ....and suffered. Slipping seatposts, cracked frames, dodgy cabling, poor brakes. And slow, slow customer service with regard top warranty issues.

I'm a cervelo lover - not a hater. Am I going to see the same?

Cheers all,

Brian
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Holleewud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Brian,

Thanks for considering a P5.

Please double check your stack & reach - they put you pretty long and low, which could be correct, but it'd be nice to confirm.

The stack you gave, 575mm, doesn't have a P5 that includes the reach you gave, 515mm.

I'm a little confused, because the reach numbers you quoted from our Table appear to be from the next row up, the row for 581mm stack. This is completely understandable - the numbers and rows are pretty small!

The closest fit to the numbers you gave is the 51cm with Low bar and a few millimeters of fork spacers. The max reach in this set up is 503mm, 12mm less than the reach you gave. This might work for you, if you'd be okay with the pads a half inch or so closer to you.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
Damon,

I have a 51 on order and will definitely use the X-low (if not a lower bar if that doesn't quite meet my needs). Without the X-low coming with my order, how long will I have to wait? As the 51s are not the first to be produced, will the X-low bar be produced by the time that frame size?

Cheers,
Jack

All I can say is that with the P5, you better be able to mount the bike in T1 at Galveston and then arrive at T2 having coasted for the entire course. That bike should just deliver a free sub 2:15 bike split :-)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! Yeah, but the chance that I will be on a P5 on 1 April is right up with winning a $75m lottery! I hope to be on it before midsummer... :(

Cheers,

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply

Prev Next