Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huge day for Higuita and EF. Super impressive ride by Jumbo. They kept cool and got it done.

Roglic has been most steady of GC guys. Valverde is close but everyone else has good/ok days. Really coming into own on this one.

At this point it seems more like a battle for podium scraps and white jersey. A failed all-out assault by Quintana could ship him off podium, can't see him wanting that to happen, or Valverde having an answer for Roglic.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any potential for crosswinds tomorrow?

If there is no GC action on stage 19, then Jumbo and Movistar won't be doing anything on stage 20 as I think they'll be perfectly content with the podium as it is now. Which means it will be on UAE and Astana to drive the pace up to create any type of action. And even if they do drop Quintana on the last Cat 1 with 40 km to go, I can't see Lopez and/or Pogacar driving the remnants of a small GC group all the way to the finish. It's just too far out and not steep enough.

Should be a good stage for the break though.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello. Quintana will not hold this saturday...personally, I am quite pissed off that Movistar has to wait for him one of every two days,because yesterday it was a good day for Valverde for the win but he was banned to do turns in the catching. Quintana is not at his best, and he is being a load, not even helping Alejandro. Lopez will take the third as he has good legs at the end of the three weeks...I cannot see Pogacar before Lopez....but huge accomplishment for this 20 year old lad.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
I like how he's doing the IAB

Doing the IAB at like 85 km/h. Balls.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moviestar riding on
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well it seems they've thought better of going full on
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
who will Roglic have for help tomorrow - some of his guys are banged up and TM is ??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DQS has a deep bench of young talent. No wonder Lefevere doesn't stress about Phil and Viviani leaving.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GP Quebec today showed Sagan has super legs, attack, breakaway, attack before getting caught and still managed to sprint at the end for 3rd. GVA also looked good as well as Ala. Matthews won but did not make the selection on the climb.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Ron_Burgundy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ron_Burgundy wrote:
GP Quebec today showed Sagan has super legs, attack, breakaway, attack before getting caught and still managed to sprint at the end for 3rd. GVA also looked good as well as Ala. Matthews won but did not make the selection on the climb.

The Montreal course goes 200m from my pace. I have time to go get a cold beer between laps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
DQS has a deep bench of young talent. No wonder Lefevere doesn't stress about Phil and Viviani leaving.

and they seem to really buy into this team thing. esp when compared to a Movistar or the old T (me!) Mobile with Vino.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pogastar!

please be clean....please be clean......please be clean
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great stage by Pogastar, 2 wins and a podium place in first GT great job at 20!
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [plifter242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 wins isn't it ?
stage 9 , 13 and today
Last edited by: heyMartin: Sep 14, 19 8:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
plifter242 wrote:

He sure livened up this stage. I spent most of it shaking my head and laughing at how dysfunctional Movistar is. Serves them right after yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
heyMartin wrote:
3 wins isn't it ?
stage 9 , 13 and today

Crap I forgot about the other, thanks for the correction :-).
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFigawi wrote:
plifter242 wrote:

He sure livened up this stage. I spent most of it shaking my head and laughing at how dysfunctional Movistar is. Serves them right after yesterday.

As the saying goes, “Karma a bitch!”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pogacar! just wow!!! 35km holding the group behind. Everybody was cooked today. Happy to see Quintana off the podium, he did not deserve it...but this slovenian is Just 20 years old! what is going on in cycling?/Evenepoel 19, Bernal 22, ...and then Valverde 39...crazy, isnt it?
Congrats to Primosz Roglic. Hope to see him in the next TdF: Froome, Thomas, Pinot, Bardet, Alaphillipe, Dumoulin, Bernal, Roglic,Fulsang, Pogacar, Kruikswij, Uran,Landa...

Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont understand why you say Quintana didn't deserve to be on the podium (unless you are a huge Valverde fan).
Grated he didn't have the legs, but outside of Lopez I think he tried the most attacks in the mountains, he was the only GC guy that made that big split, if anything he sure DID deserve to be on the podium, unfortunately he didn't have the legs the last 2 days.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A true phenom and quite the complete bike racer at 20. Take away their TTT crash and he’s 2nd OA, not to mention there hasn’t been anyone to help. He and Bernal should be quite a rivalry for years to come.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
think i heard that Powless is leaving JV and going to DD; hope this was negotiated during the Vuelta
as his stock must have risen because of this tour
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pogacar is a hero. If you could base your team around any one young rider, who would it be? Pogacar? Evenepoel? Lopez? Higuita? Martinez? Hirschi?

Lotta good U23 talent coming up.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [ClayDavis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ohhh, good subject. Hard to look past Bernal and Pogacar as GC guys and Evenepoel Hirschi as the next coming of Fabian. Hope Pogacar gets the support around him. Lopez needs to figure out ITT or might go the way of Purito but without the kick.

Personally I’m a classics fan, so...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:
Pogacar is a hero. If you could base your team around any one young rider, who would it be? Pogacar? Evenepoel? Lopez? Higuita? Martinez? Hirschi?

For a 3 weeks race, Pogacar. He just has to improve a bit in TT and in super hilly mountain. He has the entire pack...
I just wonder if he is too young and might fade. I dont know if the level of training of these young lads is the best to keep them all at the top for 15 years...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ClayDavis wrote:

I’d go with Bernal and spend time this off season working on his ITT skills.
Quote Reply

Prev Next