Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not too many watching options for this Grand Tour.
Nothing in French from France or Belgium, no "free" english broadcasts except Australia. Between French and English I have 4 or 5 options.
Off to Australia (via VPN).
Tons of Dutch channels.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [ChrisC42780] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisC42780 wrote:
League Code- 521835710

If you already entered in the past your automatically entered. Cutoff is 12:30 eastern today.
Made it in time!

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hoping Esteban Chaves has a good Vuelta. Not expecting much doesn’t seem like he has much of a team around him, but I’ve always had a soft spot for him.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [plifter242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plifter242 wrote:
Hoping Esteban Chaves has a good Vuelta. Not expecting much doesn’t seem like he has much of a team around him, but I’ve always had a soft spot for him.

agreed to all points
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best bike type calculations, if they follow the plan exaclly is 14min,19sec although the course looks more technical than the course files the organization provided.

It will be interesting to see how close the come to that. So far they are closer to 15min
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
liking the stark start, mtns of salt; the Vuelta is just ... cool
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow - some wreckage with jumbo-visma, dqs almost colliding with car and then last corner iffy
vuelta delivers in short ttt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
Carl Spackler wrote:
Ah, didn’t realize it was that short and ITT so long. Probably gives Roglic more of an advantage, he could take 1-2 minutes out of climbers in 36k.

The average weight of the team for the Vuelta is 3kg less than the Tour.
Not sure that is by design or just who is left over at the end of the season

Well 3kilos less per rider may mean you have have to haul around and prepare 5% less food and water, so that's a plus LOL! Keep us informed from behind the scenes.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really bad day for Jumbo, watch those white lines when it’s wet folks. 40 seconds is a big ask to get back, especially when one of your main rivals is the one with the 40 second lead.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
really happy today.

One thing I did for the team was the calculation of the pull times and power targets, with the objective of getting to the end as quickly as possible and as depleted as possible.

We take the data from physiological tests, their CDA data and measurements from test runs in 2nd, 3rd....8th position. We crunch it all, and figure out their postion, pull, who climbs....make a plan, try it once, twice and pray they don't crash.

It is just "science" but I am told the biggest impact is the riders believe in the plans. It clicked for the first time at the tour this year and I think this is the first time they ever win a TTT. I got a note from one of the riders after asking how close to plan he was and saying, I feel this is F1....In a good way (I think).

I am getting the scoop on their boss' run for Kona. He's gunning for his AG. We'll keep that in another thread but apparently he is on the Dev 1,000,000m swim program. His I swim is down by over 10min apparently.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
really happy today.

One thing I did for the team was the calculation of the pull times and power targets, with the objective of getting to the end as quickly as possible and as depleted as possible.

We take the data from physiological tests, their CDA data and measurements from test runs in 2nd, 3rd....8th position. We crunch it all, and figure out their postion, pull, who climbs....make a plan, try it once, twice and pray they don't crash.

It is just "science" but I am told the biggest impact is the riders believe in the plans. It clicked for the first time at the tour this year and I think this is the first time they ever win a TTT. I got a note from one of the riders after asking how close to plan he was and saying, I feel this is F1....In a good way (I think).

I am getting the scoop on their boss' run for Kona. He's gunning for his AG. We'll keep that in another thread but apparently he is on the Dev 1,000,000m swim program. His I swim is down by over 10min apparently.

if said boss is Vino, your entire last paragraph is incredibly tone deaf. I understand that you may not wish to criticize those who sign your paycheck, but you are basically trying to buff a shine on the turd that is Vino, and it is a bit nauseating

You want to make benefit glorious city and team of Nur-sultan, that's your prerogative, just don't expect the rest of us to go along with the whitewashing and normalization of Vino
Last edited by: echappist: Aug 24, 19 15:09
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
marcag wrote:
really happy today.

if said boss is Vino, your entire last paragraph is incredibly tone deaf. I understand that you may not wish to criticize those who sign your paycheck, but you are basically trying to buff a shine on the turd that is Vino, and it is a bit nauseating

You want to make benefit glorious city and team of Nur-sultan, that's your prerogative, just don't expect the rest of us to go along with the whitewashing and normalization of Vino

Point taken.

The intent was not to buf turd. I thought it was funny that he, like Dev has become a "swimmer". That's it, that's all.

BTW, he doesn't sign any paychecks for me and I have no problem criticizing what he or anyone around him did back in their time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations It has to feel good to help your team deliver a great performance.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [plifter242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never saw the outcome being Jumbo :40 down and a dinged up Roglic. Pretty much a disaster with no time to heal ahead of a tough stage 2; gives Lopez a significant buffer for ITT if he hasn’t take more time by then.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
echappist wrote:
marcag wrote:
really happy today.

Point taken.

The intent was not to buf turd. I thought it was funny that he, like Dev has become a "swimmer". That's it, that's all.

BTW, he doesn't sign any paychecks for me and I have no problem criticizing what he or anyone around him did back in their time.

understood; apologies for being rather pointed in my response
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
marcag wrote:
echappist wrote:
marcag wrote:
really happy today.

Point taken.

this is how it should go, respectfully.....thanks, guys....marcag, your boots on the ground insights and reports are great, thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
marcag wrote:
echappist wrote:
marcag wrote:
really happy today.

Point taken.

it's all good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
marcag wrote:
really happy today.

Wow, this is ST analytic full circle for the TTT win. This is super cool that you brought some of this to the table. I always wondered how to optimally position riders for a TTT based on their strengths and aero profiles and keeping teams together to minimize the time of the last guy across the line. What was the cause of the Jumbo crash?

As for their boss, you can tell him that we still think that Lance would kick his ass in Kona LOL. As for the 1000km per year program, well, I'm doing 1200km per year, but I am not riding 20,000km and running 3000km like he probably is.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 24, 19 16:55
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
I'm doing 1200km per year, but I am not riding 20,000km and running 3000km like he probably is.

But you aren't a turd :-)
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, worse case for Jumbo. Roglic needs to be perfect for 20 stages, that’s a hell of a lot of pressure, on top of him and the majority of his team dinged up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Said it before and will say it again: these are the most civil of ST threads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl Spackler wrote:
Said it before and will say it again: these are the most civil of ST threads.

The racing civility is over on stage 1. The daggers are out. I love this course design. Good little Roglic/Uran/Nieve/Quintana group off the front.

Really savvy racing by EF. They placed Uran near the front in the critical sections, and have Higuita getting a free ride in the chase.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 25, 19 8:26
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely shaping up to be an interesting stage for 'only' day 2!
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Skippy74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gonna save up that last 2K everyone someone says Quintana never attacks.

Ineos had no one in the first two groups.
Last edited by: trail: Aug 25, 19 8:43
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, Roglic makes up nearly all of the TTT loss the very next day. Very well-timed attack.
Quote Reply

Prev Next