Prev Next
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah that was scary - sure it put the riders on edge
tomorrow looks like a leg burner
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomorrow should be awesome, to bad I will in the car driving and will have to miss catching it live
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
Tomorrow should be awesome, to bad I will in the car driving and will have to miss catching it live

you mentioned EF not getting in the break yesterday and I thought today would better suit Martinez and he's there today, good sign, with Higuita looks like....James Knox is having a great ride and will move way up...….Kuss is there, wow, he's doing it for Roglic
Last edited by: McNulty: Sep 1, 19 7:54
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [McNulty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this stage has it all....Lopez goes from way out and has Fuglsang up the road...not a bad situation....Pogacar!!!!!!...this kid is nuts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah great stuff - and Kuss is there for Roglic
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [heyMartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this finish is going to be insane....we won't see it but.....rain, mud, lightning, Pogacar…..no camera coverage now so Valverde is probably being very cagey......or cheating...….tomahto tomato......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
“A good day for ducks”
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Movistar waiting for Movistar while Movistar attacks Movistar"

too good......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Movistar tactics always befuddle me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

That's better described as dysfunction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:

You’re assuming they have tactics...
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [FFigawi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FFigawi wrote:
logella wrote:

You’re assuming they have tactics...

controlled chaos, perhaps?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
McNulty wrote:

too good......

That was a great line by the announcers, would’ve loved to be on the Movistar bus after that stage. Soler was pissed, can’t remember the last time I saw someone that pissed about being called back.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [plifter242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plifter242 wrote:
McNulty wrote:

too good......

That was a great line by the announcers, would’ve loved to be on the Movistar bus after that stage. Soler was pissed, can’t remember the last time I saw someone that pissed about being called back.
They're certainly an interesting team to watch.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Watching just a couple of stages on TV, why are there so few crowds on these climbs, vs the TDF having (seemingly) tens of thousands on their climbs?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or even loco, but so far it’s working. Looked like youthful enthusiasm got the better of Lopez today—went early and over-cooked a turn on wet gravel. But big points for being aggressive. Pogacar is a savage. Phenomenal stage.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Sep 1, 19 14:36
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think if I'm Unzue, I let Soler go. He's staying with the team and he's got a great future. Quintana, he's leaving and he just doesn't seem to have the punch he used to. On a climb like today, I think he should've been able to put a lot more time into Roglic than he did. Roglic will take 6 seconds from Quintana in the first k of the TT. And Valverde chasing. WTF?
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [plifter242] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
plifter242 wrote:
McNulty wrote:

too good......

But, as Johann said on The Move, as pissed as he was, he did do what he was told to do

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
plifter242 wrote:
McNulty wrote:

too good......

But, as Johann said on The Move, as pissed as he was, he did do what he was told to do
Sort of on topic (and it's a rest day)............

I never saw or read anything dealing with how Bruyneel felt about the 2009 TdF with the Contador vs. Armstrong feud. There is a lot of information dealing with how those two riders felt about each other and with the result of the race, but what about Bruyneel? Was he eventually happy having Contador win that year, or was he upset that Contador seemed to go off on his own during the race?

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alvin Tostig wrote:
or was he upset that Contador seemed to go off on his own during the race?

I hope he wasn't, as Contador was clearly the stronger rider. And Armstrong had it coming regardless if some stories from that year are true.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In other rest day news, rumors of Carapaz signing for Skyneos confirmed <sad face>
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
plifter242 wrote:
McNulty wrote:

too good......

Movistar is cycling's Reality Show. Drama abounds past few years.

Feel for Soler...having strong day, wanting to win first GT stage on home soil. And with the nonsense that they allow to go on there, hard to blame him for being upset having to come back for the mercurial guy who is out the door.

But, in the end he filled his role, and then said all the right things today.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I really like this TT course. Hell of a ride from the young American Barta. Curious to see if Cavagna can hold on. Impressive first 20km.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn. Cavagna on a mega ride today.
Quote Reply
Re: *** 2019 Vuelta a Espana Thread (SPOILERS)*** [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ludvigsson has a crazy tall pad pedestal setup!
Quote Reply

Prev Next