Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [JaxGator80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JaxGator80 wrote:
in10siv wrote:
Yeah, I’m in the same predicament. At this point I’m just looking to borrow a fuel cell for IMFL on Nov 2nd. I’ll pay for shipping both ways and throw in something from the IMFL race expo if anyone would be able to help me out.

I can probably help you out. I have two buddies going up there (I'll be up there on Friday but would miss bike check-in) who I can give it to. Would probably have to ship it back to me after the race.

If you're really keen I can send mine over to you from Australia, It's currently the only thing I have left of my bike. I certainly don't need mine at the moment.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would REALLY like to see this solution (the bontrager box) added to the 3 options Mark Cote tested not long after that post was made.

Aesthetically, I think it gives the bike more balance with the deep head tube section.

campled wrote:
Trying to make my Shiv a bit faster.
Had my nosecone from a few months back.
Moulded a mount for the Bontrager Draft box (Trek) to fit, added some pin stripes to make it match.

Mounted my straw to be positioned ready for a drink & put on a Torhans aero straw housing.
I know its less aero than on the magnet horizontal...but I prefer it this way, handsfree function.

Seriously, don't take me too seriously.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [in10siv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in10siv wrote:
Yeah, I’m in the same predicament. At this point I’m just looking to borrow a fuel cell for IMFL on Nov 2nd. I’ll pay for shipping both ways and throw in something from the IMFL race expo if anyone would be able to help me out.

I will be at IMFL and you can use my Fuel Cell...I am not going to be using it. I could bring it down with me (I get there Monday). Let me know if you are interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyElmore wrote:
Yoo CJAC,

You got some good advice to start with from dannyh above.

In terms of weight, start with the cockpit. We make an all carbon base bar with carbon extensions, and the adjustability for dialing in your position is bar none.

For aero, there are lots of things you can do. In addition to fit and things like that, i would start with making sure your bike/frame are completely clean of any nutrition or tools. Our SWAT line for tri ensures you have a place for everything without comprosmise. check it out here. I would also suggest looking at aero helmets. Remember not all significant gains come from the bike, the rider is a pretty big factor as well.

Tires are also pretty key as mentioned, you want to look for something with less rolling resistence.

One other thing i'd look at is ceramic speed bearings, we offer these in all our S-Works bikes. This reduces fricition when pedaling.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have anything else, we're always happy to chat.

Thanks,

Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycle Components
Product Marketing

Regarding the corbon cockpit, does anyone have any idea of the actual weight saved by moving from the alloy setup to the carbon?

Thanks,

Flickr:Csstone495
Twitter:Csstone495
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Csstone495] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guys.

Looking to pick up some Planet-X tubs, u get the supplied brake blocks but can this easily be interchanged with current rubber ones I have on my Shiv Comp Rival callipers? They are the Specialized Aero stock ones. Looking at a 101/82 deep dish carbon with carbon brake surface. Won't go tubs if I have to change out brakes etc, will just purchase their 60 clinchers for a little more.

Thanks all.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Ports18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone deal with the Specialized Warranty Dept? My bike has been with them for a month already and still waiting for them to send me my replacement bike..Had a crack in the seat post carbon on my Shiv...Is it only the Cdn side that is this slow? My LBS calls 2x a week and they don't even call back...walking into the shop and seeing my parts in a box with my wheels sticking out is depressing..Thanks and a possible warning that it may be better to deal with US warranty if it is only the Cdn side with issue.
Last edited by: Tony5: Oct 26, 13 2:29
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Tony5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tony5 wrote:
Anyone deal with the Specialized Warranty Dept? My bike has been with them for a month already and still waiting for them to send me my replacement bike..Had a crack in the seat post carbon on my Shiv...Is it only the Cdn side that is this slow? My LBS calls 2x a week and they don't even call back...walking into the shop and seeing my parts in a box with my wheels sticking out is depressing..Thanks and a possible warning that it may be better to deal with US warranty if it is only the Cdn side with issue.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. Not having your bike to train with can be a real pain, believe me when I say I know what you're going through. I think there would be a lot of people on this forum that have dealt with the warranty department with Specialized for one issue or another, myself included. Communication is something that I've never had an issue with at Specialized, this forum is a great example. I can't speak for the Specialized people who generously give a lot of their time on this forum but if can manage to track them down I'm sure they can probably help you out.

It sounds like your LBS isn't getting a lot of communication back from their rep?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kevintaddonio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to have 2 spare tubes in the fuel cell?
Have the CO2 on the sitero saddle (the wing).
Quote Reply
My Shiv [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: evankraus: Oct 27, 13 14:22
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [blanchy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I know Mark is on the board amongst others quite often and it is great to see. Hence I assume the US department is a bit smoother than the Cdn counterparts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

during transportation I have lost plastic top cap from stem of specialized carbon aerobars.
Do you know if it is possible to order that part from Specialized?

Thanks in advance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Matt,
I have 2012 Shiv and I have been issue with the rear brake, since my initial purchase (it won't release completely and cause the brake to drag). I have taken into a few different specialized shops and they are able to clean/adjust it and the brake will work fine for awhile. Is this just a product of the design and the fact it sits under the bike and picks up a lot of road grim and dirt? Is there anything you could suggest to improve the issue? I have thought about upgrading the brake to the new hydraulic option, but I wasn't sure of the cost/feasibility of the upgrade.

Thanks,
Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [mancala] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New Ride!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BAMATRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New race setup. Never posted the bike before because it was mostly just stock. Added quarq back in August and just did first race on new wheel setup.[/img]
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow nice shiv! Just got my 2013 shiv comp las week and its currently stock, im planning on putting carbon wheels on it, what do you think is the perfect size of carbon wheelset for the shiv to maximize aero and performance? Also im planning on changing the stock alloy cockpit into carbon cockpit, is there a big weight difference between the specialized alloy cockpit and the specialized carbon cockpit plus aero stem? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a 2012 Shiv Pro on Ebay last night. I really want to replicate what you have built. What did you use as the source material for the shroud?

campled wrote:
The shroud is made from hi-impact plastic, didn't take a pic before I mounted it.
After I stuck the shroud to the box, painted it black.
Used 3M double adhesive to attach to frame, can be detached in anytime.
Used a hi tension nylon to secure draft box via seat post clamp just to be safe.
Stays on very secure & very useful having all my spare needs in there.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't even pretend to know what is "best." I am sure there are a ton of good option/combinations to run on various budgets. I was really planning to buy a set of Flos next year but happened to find a great deal on a set of Bontrager Aeolus 6.5's which included a disc cover. The previous owner had stripped all of decals and I wanted to add a little color to my bike so I had some Team RWB custom decals made.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm currently riding a '12 P3 54cm and I had a professional fitting done a few weeks ago. Torso/arms/legs pretty standard, about 5'10.5". My measured flexibility is weak and the fitter commented that the P3 probably wasn't the best choice due to it being a "shorter" frame. I bought it used and approximated based on some pre-fitting measurements of my own. One of the frames that was mentioned that might fit better is the Shiv. And now with the discounted pricing on the ''13 Shiv Pro framesets, I am thinking it might be a good time to swap out. Looking at the Medium Shiv geometry numbers, both the Stack and HT are definitely taller than my P3, though the Shiv has a slightly smaller reach. I do feel my knees hitting some currently on my P3 with a 100mm stem, but wonder if that would disappear with the higher HT/cockpit? Or should I be looking at the Large? I have the Zipp Vuka basebar and extensions, but might switch out the Specialized integrated combo due to their adjustability (read the other detailed thread on this one..). I realize some of this is hard to comment on without exact measurements and I am going to run all this by my fitter too, but thought I would ask here to get some input.

Also any issues with a Rotor 3d+/Power2Max combo on this frame? HED Jet Disc work too? Any thoughts or recommendations are gladly welcomed. Thanks.

Rob

--------------------------------------------------
Non-Swimming Duathlete
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Mojoboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mojoboy wrote:
Wow nice shiv! Just got my 2013 shiv comp las week and its currently stock, im planning on putting carbon wheels on it, what do you think is the perfect size of carbon wheelset for the shiv to maximize aero and performance? Also im planning on changing the stock alloy cockpit into carbon cockpit, is there a big weight difference between the specialized alloy cockpit and the specialized carbon cockpit plus aero stem? Thanks

I put 60mm on the front and 90mm on the back. I'm also considering replacing the alloy cockpit with the carbon version and aero stem. Besides the weight difference, I assume the carbon will be a more comfortable ride.
Last edited by: NewbieTri100: Oct 31, 13 12:55
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rbrnut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbrnut wrote:

Also any issues with a Rotor 3d+/Power2Max combo on this frame?

Rob

I run the Rotor 3D+ and Power2Max on mine just fine - just need the right spacers.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [BAMATRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What aerobar setup is that?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a Devox on a -24 degree stem. I could be mistaken.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think your right looking at the grips on the pods.

Anyone put the tririg extensions on a stock shiv basebar? I may see how that works before I put the $ into a whole new setup.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [bujayman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have spent the past few weeks reading this entire thread and familiarizing myself with the Shiv. This is my dream bike and I'm hoping to be able to take advantage of the 2013 clearance sale going on right now (a few family emergencies, however have put my bike purchase plans in jeopardy).

This may be a very silly question, but what separates an S-Works from a regular Shiv? I've been drooling over the Expert package that is on sale. Just wondering what the difference is?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys! Quick question where is the serial number of the shiv located ? Needing it for registration of the bike @ specialized site :) thanks
In Reply To:
Quote Reply

Prev Next