Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MattyElmore wrote:
Yoo Ports18,

I'll see if we can make a quick video of how to pack this thing up for you and list it on a youtube channel somewhere.

-Matt

I'll save you the trouble.... Here is a video I put together quick on how I load the Fuel Cell for racing

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kevintaddonio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the useful video, Kevin.

The other thing that makes the cell easier to pack is a lighter tube. Check out the turbo ultra lite tubes from Specialized.

http://www.specialized.com/...road-tubes-with-talc

You get a little bit of talc in the fuelcell (otherwise leave it in bag) but these tubes are a fair bit smaller than the standard ones.

- Adam Blanchard
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kevintaddonio wrote:
MattyElmore wrote:
Yoo Ports18,

I'll see if we can make a quick video of how to pack this thing up for you and list it on a youtube channel somewhere.

-Matt

I'll save you the trouble.... Here is a video I put together quick on how I load the Fuel Cell for racing

Nice work, Kevin - thanks so much. Great meeting you in Kona.

All the best,

Mark

--
Mark Cote
MITAerobike
Specialized Bicycle Components
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kevintaddonio wrote:
MattyElmore wrote:
Yoo Ports18,

-Matt

Thanks Kevin, much appreciated and thanks for taking the time. Out of curiosity, how have you mounted your BTA cage on your shiv? Looked nice with great angle for the bars.

I had look at the more compact tubes from both Specialized and Bontrager, but at $25 a tube I can't justify it. I'll watch your vid when I get home and will have another crack at it.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Ports18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The key for me on the Fuel Cell is drawing the line with a Sharpie on the lower plastic at the exact the depth of the top rubber section. That gives you a great cue as to how compact your gear has to be without going crazy going back and forth putting the top back on to check if it fits. I think you'll be okay with a regular tube, I just have a regular Conti tube and it works fine.

As for my BTA bottle, I have a Xlab Torpedo Mount bolted with nuts and bolts to a Profile Design HC Mount like this: http://www.nashbar.com/...2_551356_-1___202543

Its super solid and I like it.

I think what you and I will both like EVEN BETTER is that Tohans is coming out with a new BTA bottle called the AeroZ that will actually hook up directly to the Shiv bladder. You'll be able to load the Tohans AeroZ directly and feed off the entire system... WILL BE AWESOME!

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Last edited by: kevintaddonio: Oct 16, 13 22:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea on when the torhans might be released?

kevintaddonio wrote:
The key for me on the Fuel Cell is drawing the line with a Sharpie on the lower plastic at the exact the depth of the top rubber section. That gives you a great cue as to how compact your gear has to be without going crazy going back and forth putting the top back on to check if it fits. I think you'll be okay with a regular tube, I just have a regular Conti tube and it works fine.

As for my BTA bottle, I have a Xlab Torpedo Mount bolted with nuts and bolts to a Profile Design HC Mount like this: http://www.nashbar.com/...2_551356_-1___202543

Its super solid and I like it.

I think what you and I will both like EVEN BETTER is that Tohans is coming out with a new BTA bottle called the AeroZ that will actually hook up directly to the Shiv bladder. You'll be able to load the Tohans AeroZ directly and feed off the entire system... WILL BE AWESOME!

---------
Specialized Shiv
Scott Addict
Niner Jet 9
Niner RLT
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmeitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man can't wait, did I hear July next year??? Haven't tried to load water on the fly, would be interesting but is only practice after all. Yeah I like your BTA setup, it actually looks rock solid!! Nice job, I'll start tinkering,

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kevintaddonio wrote:
Ports18 wrote:
MattyElmore wrote:
Hey Ports18,

1. Noticed a little black clip inside the black flex part of my fuel cell, not sure where it came from but didn't notice it previously. Have been playing with the fuel cell trying to fit things in, looks like it would just slot over something but the front end comes out a lot easier, if anyone could check theirs it would be appreciated.
-This clip goes on the front notch of the fuelcell. if you look at it, it matches the shape of the little notch. This helps to hold the soft rubber top in place.

2. The DT Axis 2.0's, could be because they are new rims but it sounds (I think) like the spokes are pinging quite a bit on the front wheel. Is this normal and should I give it some time before returning to LBS. Only pings when out of saddle and was a lot worse when first riding it. Assuming it will go or will need re-tensioning when it comes to 1st major service??? Other wheel in front doesn't have same issue.
-It sounds like they are tensioned tight and maybe loosening up after riding, should be okay. Make sure to check the spokes for the next couple of rides before leaving just to be double sure. If it continues take it back to the LBS.

Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycles
Product Marketing

Thanks Matt worked out the clip.

I'm sure all of us Fuelcell owners would love some advice on packing. Is it the type of tube? I've packed and taped it as tight as I can, but still can't fit it, co2 and co2 head as the website advises. Thanks mate.

This is a quick video on how I pack my Fuel Cell for racing! http://youtu.be/87iAK3VWdLI[/quote]

Good video... I'm going to get my Fuelcel on Saturday and have to pack it for my race on Sunday... makes it easier now.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm still wrestling with the fitting that holds the small screw that the fuelselage magnetically attaches to. Finally got the screw out, but the fitting has come loose of the frame and just spins freely now. Can't screw the screw back into it again. Anyone have an idea or suggestion for a fix?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [revclark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey revclark,

Sorry for the slow response.

I would suggest using pliers to hold the screw from inside the top tube and then put a little epoxy around the fitting to bond it back in place.

-Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Epoxy on underside; correct?
Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [revclark] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct.

I would suggest using DP 420 to do it as well, you can buy it at a home depot or Lowes.

-Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi nice video but is there a chance to show how to pack it when u use tubulars?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [jmeitz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any idea on the torhans set up and timing? worth waiting for before buying a BTA ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Matt
I have a 2013 S-Works SHIV and would like to add the Magura RT8 TT brakes. Are there any compatibility issues that I need to address?
Also do you lose the remote shifters on the 2014 S-Works SHIV?
Is there another remote shifter set that could be used?
Thanks,
M
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kttri106] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kttri106 wrote:
any idea on the torhans set up and timing? worth waiting for before buying a BTA ?
You don't need to wait, bought the profile design hc mount and attached an existing cage I had, cost $20 aud and worked a treat, u don't need an expensive solution, this is cheap and looks/works very well
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Ports18 [ In reply to ]
Post deleted by Ports18 [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Ports18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ports18 wrote:
kttri106 wrote:
You don't need to wait, bought the profile design hc mount and attached an existing cage I had, cost $20 aud and worked a treat, u don't need an expensive solution, this is cheap and looks/works very well
Can you show me how you did this? What is the benefit from just having a regular BTA. Sorry if this is all shown and explained earlier in the tread.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apologies for cutting in on other's threads. I am looking for anyone selling a Fuel Cell. They are back order until Dec and I have a 1/2 Iron coming up 10 Nov that I wanted to use it.

Anybody know of anyone looking to unload a Fuel Cell.

Thanks for the help,

Robert
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [CJAC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry what I probably should have said is that you don't have to wait for the integrated fuselage solution before u buy a BTA solution as they are so cheap, at least this profile design one is. For $20 it's a bargain, use it and then when torhans release their solution you can chuck the profile solution and you've only spent $20. Hope that makes sense
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question. Can I easily add (plug in) new Shimano brake/shifters to a 2013 pro (Ultegra Di2 10 speed). Part # ST-9071 correct?

Thanks in advance.

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [robertlax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I’m in the same predicament. At this point I’m just looking to borrow a fuel cell for IMFL on Nov 2nd. I’ll pay for shipping both ways and throw in something from the IMFL race expo if anyone would be able to help me out.

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [in10siv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in10siv wrote:
Yeah, I’m in the same predicament. At this point I’m just looking to borrow a fuel cell for IMFL on Nov 2nd. I’ll pay for shipping both ways and throw in something from the IMFL race expo if anyone would be able to help me out.

I can probably help you out. I have two buddies going up there (I'll be up there on Friday but would miss bike check-in) who I can give it to. Would probably have to ship it back to me after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MCSLC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes....I assume your using the 5 port junction box (EW90) as well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next