Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [RolandG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frustrating, I know. I'm sorry for the inconvenience guys.

I'll talk with our Germany office and try to get some orders going for this stuff.

Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycles
Product Marketing
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [tri4life4fun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope.

But good idea!! haha

-Matty
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [StuckJB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yooo StuckJB,

The screw that holds the adapater and goes into the water bottle mount holes?

Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycles
Product Marketing
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MattyElmore] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know what? I had fuel cell on the brain. I meant the bladder. The screw that holds the plate in place when not using the bladder.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm building a Shiv S-works and not a big fan of Magura, I would like to use Dura ace tt brakes, is threre any adapter? The stock holes seems to close to large and to close to the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattyElmore wrote:
Frustrating, I know. I'm sorry for the inconvenience guys.

I'll talk with our Germany office and try to get some orders going for this stuff.

Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycles
Product Marketing

Thanks Matt, that would really be helpful. Is there any particular reason why the international sale of some aftermarket items is so restricted?

Greetings from the German Wine Route,
Roland
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
StuckJB - I was just cleaning mine up and found the same thing; the screw that the fuelselage magnetically attaches to is seized in it's fitting. When I tried to unscrew it, the fitting that was bonded to the frame gave way and now they both just spin. Tried to grab it with needle-nose pliers by inserting them through the frame opening, but can't get enough bite to remove the screw. Anyone have a fix for this one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, that is what worries me. I have the plate in so there is frame opening.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MattyElmore wrote:

If you have an S-Works frame then yes, you should have ceramic speed bearings in the BB.

Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycle Components
Product Marketing

Just went through Shiv warranty process after Ironman Lake Tahoe. Replacement frame came with Ceramicspeed Bottom Bracket.... Mind thoroughly blown....So smooth!

People can talk about the pros and cons of ceramic bearings, but can't argue with the fact that any removal of friction from the system is a good thing.... On to Ironman Florida

http://www.triandcatchme.com
https://twitter.com/kevintaddonio
Last edited by: kevintaddonio: Oct 4, 13 17:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey RolandG,

Each Market is indepent for their ordering and forecasting needs.

I can suggest to them what they need to order, unfortnately though it is up to them to decide what to bring in and what not.

Sorry once again. I've sent an email out to the markets to order up on such needed products.

i'll let you know what comes of it.

-Matty
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [kevintaddonio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AWESOME!!!

GLAD TO HEAR IT!!!!

-Matty
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Martin.ason] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Martin.ason,

The Dura ace 9000 aero brakes will not work on the Shiv at this moment and we currently do not have an adapter for the new 9000 stuff.

Might I ask what about the magura brakes you don't like?

-Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycles
Product Marketing
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give me a bit to look at that.

There is a fix, but i need to talk to one of the team mechanics in order to give you the exact process.

Sorry guys,

Matt Elmore
Specialized Bicycles
Product Marketing
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dyarab wrote:
Although pulling stuff out of the Fuel Cell is a hell of a lot easier than getting it in ;)

That's for sure. I still can't get everything to fit in my Fuel Cell. I'm looking to fit a tube, CO2, nozzle and two levers. Anyone care to share a pict or tips on how to do this?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Patrick E] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're gonna have to leave the levers out or put them in the top, but that will take up nutrition space. It's hard enough to get a tube, CO2 cartridge head and valve extender in there... let alone tire levers. I guess if you need piece of mind and have to have the levers with you could you put them in a jersey pocket?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mark - have dropped you a couple of mails.
I'm not convinced with the fix - I'm on a medium stack height the bars should be solid - especially on a set up of this quality.
I wana get this issue fixed - is there a new generation of bar being designed? or if they exist I'll happily pay for a custom stem - after all it a small to pay for getting the perfect set up.
Thanks Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [AGSUB20] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Fuelcell fitts other bikes too. I used a DI2 battery mount adapter and filled it out to tilt the Fuelcell in the right angle of my downtube. Hope I can do the same with the toptube box
[URL=http://s459.photobucket.com/...zpsd70b9bfb.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [marcelflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not just buy a Shiv? It will save you the added weight of the DI2 battery mount adapter...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To bad :( you know if there is an plans for adapters?

Want to avoid Magura, lot's if trouble with them before, and there customer service in Sweden is a joke. And as I'm planning for my first ironman next year I can't be out of brakes for a month or two if anything happens. Also I like the idea of shifter buttons in both positions as is quite hilly were I live.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [MITaerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any way to prevent the Fuel Cell from ejecting over rough road ? I ejected mine over a train track at the bottom of a hill and looked back to watch it explode under the tire of car. Grrrrr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Matt,

Do you know how much cargo capacity the fuel cell has (like cc) or the dimensions?
Have an alternative plan for my Shiv but want to know which ones are biggest before I buy any of them.

BR
Pierre
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another newbie here, searching for advice. Do I pull the trigger on a 2013 Shiv Expert since the LBS has marked it down $1000 or wait until the 2014s arrive? Would the extra $ for a 2014 be justified? Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [nudave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same frame on 2013 and 2014 but different colors.
The new added value on the 2014 is
Fuel Cell
Sitero sadle

So if the price is $1000 lower on the 2013 I would go for that one.
I bought a new 2013 for almost 50% of the new 2014 price.
For those money I added above stuff together with the new Ultegra Di2. (already had a powermeter otherwise I would have bought that instead of the Di2)...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [rmg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rmg wrote:
Any way to prevent the Fuel Cell from ejecting over rough road ? I ejected mine over a train track at the bottom of a hill and looked back to watch it explode under the tire of car. Grrrrr.

I don't know but I will sell you mine. Not a fan of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Specialized Shiv Thread [pdais97] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The saitero saddle is well worth the jump to the 2013 alone. Do your self a favor no matter what bike you get and try one of these new style saddles. I just switched from the Ronin to the Saitero and could not believe the difference. My old ronin saddle was not painful or uncomfortable but now after making the switch to the Saitero I question how I ever rode it the Ronin.
Quote Reply

Prev Next