Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laidlow walking, he actually is walking the walk 😜

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [ALG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ALG wrote:
Laidlow walking now. Ooch.

Another Big Mouth Bass that can't bike and run! 🤣

Sam and Lionel running each other into the ground.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Laidlow somewhere around the 4 mile mark reduced to a walk.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:

It is great to see him both believe he can put all 3 sports together and the bike train get him then detonate him. I think both of these are true depending on the race.

Can Sam channel this in to performance or is Lionel going to laugh his way through the shit and rip his legs off?
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:

Does it remind you of someone several years ago? :)
Everyone knows Laidlow now. He may not contribute to Europe’s overall win today, but he’s won on another level before the race even started.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess running your mouth and running are two different things after all.

JackStraw13 wrote:

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holly justified why she was picked over Emma Pallant.

ALG wrote:

Everyone knows Laidlow now. He may not contribute to Europe’s overall win today, but he’s won on another level before the race even started.

Should probably start vlogging.

Last edited by: TheStroBro: Aug 20, 22 8:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So apparently removing your watch before the finish if you don’t have a watch sponsor has become quite the rage these days.

Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [G. Belson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
G. Belson wrote:
I guess running your mouth and running are two different things after all.

JackStraw13 wrote:

I think Sam Long said that he hoped Laidlow got cramp on the run. Well he got his wish - looks like its stomach cramps for Ludlow :-)

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice hug between Lawrence and Salthouse after the finish. 100% PTO-made up rivalry mmmh?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ALG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:

I guess, if you define ‘winning’ as having everyone think you’re a bit of a prick who habitually over-bikes and has to walk the run (see also IM UK 2021, Edmonton, I think maybe others too)
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anne Haug runs a stellar 1:04:37. Next fastest run split I see is Ashleigh Gentle’s 1:06:09.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somewhere past 9 miles Long and Sanders side by side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidC wrote:
Anne Haug runs a stellar 1:04:37. Next fastest run split I see is Ashleigh Gentle’s 1:06:09.

what did tamara run? i was expecting fireworks from her . . .

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tamara ran 1:06:07 so she was faster than Gentle by 2 secs.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cherry_bomb wrote:
ALG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:

I guess, if you define ‘winning’ as having everyone think you’re a bit of a prick who habitually over-bikes and has to walk the run (see also IM UK 2021, Edmonton, I think maybe others too)

Take a look at the support he’s received from European followers.

As today’s results show (again) there’s a lot about triathlon outside of the US.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidC wrote:

Sanders was 20m behind Long at one point so I thought he was done but LS caught up with Long again. Whatever he does, it turns out so dramatic, exciting and fun. You can’t make this up. Actually, two big mouths in that match. Sam Long came to Slowtwitch and said LS swam slower than him but LS came out of the water first. Let’s see if he got the strongest legs as he claimed.
Last edited by: s13tx: Aug 20, 22 8:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidC wrote:

Heading for a Helluva finish!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lionel kicks and wins over Long by 2 secs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ALG wrote:
cherry_bomb wrote:
ALG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:

As today’s results show (again) there’s a lot about triathlon outside of the US.

ST ain't real life lol. We'll see if he even finishes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ALG wrote:
cherry_bomb wrote:
ALG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:

Yes, I’m British, so well aware of that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blu outran Lionel by 2:17 to post the fastest overall time by 3:05 so far. Gustav on track to have 2nd fastest overall time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:
cherry_bomb wrote:
ALG wrote:
TheStroBro wrote:
ALG wrote:

ST ain't real life lol. We'll see if he even finishes.

does it really matter europe wins
and sanders and long are 3 min behind the winner .
and both long and laidlow and i hope pto will learn something from it .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to say I like Long's post race banter about Magnus.

Lionel acted with class and brought it all back home. That was a great show.
Last edited by: turdburgler: Aug 20, 22 8:57
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [cherry_bomb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those of you that keep commenting that Sam Long is thin-skinned, all the trash talk is PG, everyone who has defended him is a snowflake, etc.

Remember you are only seeing a small part of the picture. Long has been taunted on social media by quite a few competitors over the past few years. At some point it has become personal. You don’t have access to his DM’s, you are not comprehensively following all the posts and different media channels.

I’m okay with being characterized as a snowflake although no one has ever called me one to my face I don’t find it an insult.

To each their own, I’m glad PTO is helping the athletes get paid, but I don’t think the mock WWF atmosphere is really serving the sport, but I imagine the benefactor and the money won’t be around long.
Quote Reply

Prev Next