Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
On that final note, please can anyone explain to me why Lawrence was preferred to Pallant?

Because it's an exhibition event and she has a bigger following.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
for my part i think of the collins cup as sort of an 'exhibition event,' more of a paid and sort of competitive jolly for the pros rather than a balls-off race. i'd like to see more really left-field choices. hey, team international, why not see how alex yee would go? hey, team USA - offer gwen to come out of retirement and light it up one more time. why not?
As I understand it, young Yee is British and therefore ineligible for the Internationals team. Of the top short course men, Takumi Hojo might have been a better example, with a much greater commercial reach; or how about Wurf (who's moved to #5 in INT and for sure would liven up the INT team meetings and morale).
As for Jorgensen, the mind boggles, but kudos to the fertility of your imagination. I'm sure that would motivate Danielle Lewis and Jodie Robertson to try harder to get into the USA team for next year.
Any 'left field' wild cards must have a clear rationale which might include encouraging current professionals and not seem "unfair".
On that final note, please can anyone explain to me why Lawrence was preferred to Pallant?
Either Pallant dont get on well with the captains or PTO has told the EUR captains to not pick the best to make the race more interesting. Right now EUR is much superior...just guessing.
It is not just Pallant, you have Langridge, or some ITU girls like GTB, Derron, Lindemann that would fit in the team before Lawrence.

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pk1 wrote:
a commonwealth team might be slightly more meaningful than rest of the world but i don't think enough so to make up for the complications of excluding the rest of the rest of the world.

what they absolutely have to do though is to come up with a kit that doesn't look like an australian team, otherwise the kiwi athletes might refuse to race, i'm sure they're still feeling itchy after wearing those colours last year!

unfortunately while the international kit has become a bit cleaner, it is even more horrifically like an australian team kit
Braden is not impressed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could see a scenario where none of the European women win their races. Maybe only Laura Philipp.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know how to watch the ceremony and match-up selections in Europe?

PTO+ is blocked, even if you try to connect with VPN

GCN+ and Eurosport seem to only list the race
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Aug 18, 22 0:32
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

For me (UK) Eurosport have the 'Opening Ceremony' in 'Upcoming' timed as if live 1700 BST, 1800 CEST. This has the match ups.
https://www.eurosportplayer.com/sport/triathlon
Last time the 'Press Conference' was a damp squib iirc so see why not being broadcast.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:

When is that? Today or tomorrow?

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Today at 18:00 CET
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, ahead of the match ups being presented this evening, here are my WPRO suggestions:
1. Ryf-Duffy-True
2. Philipp-Gentle-Sodaro
3. Haug-Jewett-Watts
4. Matthews-Findlay-Moench
5. Spirig-Lopes-McCauley
6. Lawrence-Salthouse-Hering
Commentary:
1. Ryf only athlete who might beat Duffy, if she can get sufficient gap into T2. Sacrificial lamb - True dat.
2. Rerun of Edmonton battle, hopefully here with Philipp having a typical (for her) swim.
3. Battle of the speedy runners (and Jewett's ride seems to be getting better).
4. Reprise of M v M head to heads (Florida, Tulsa, 70.3WC Utah . . ) and Findlay Canadian TT champ (2022) v GB TT Champ (2020) with Matthews chasing (? Moench in tow).
5. Gives Spirig a chance.
6. PTO will not be able to resist Karma/battle rerun but Hering every chance of beating both.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 18, 22 8:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It appears to be on YouTube
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
It appears to be on YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrJaLcdDXbE
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Match 1 Ryf True Duffy
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Match 3 Findlay Matthews Moench
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [DavidC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidC wrote:
Match 1 Ryf True Duffy
nine out of 9 for my predictions so far! With Philipp Gentle and Sodaro
then 3. Matthews Findlay Moench
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Match 5 McCauley Lawrence SalthousešŸ”„
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Match 6 Hering Haug Jewett the Super Runners.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Match 7 Blu Kanute Wilde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kanute/Blu/Wilde Match 7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DavidC wrote:
Match 5 McCauley Lawrence SalthousešŸ”„
Lawrence v Salthouse. Quelle surprise! Same for the two fastest WPROs on the planet (? Haug v Jewett). Spirig given a chance to win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you think for Match 8?

Iden/Sanders/Long
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Match 8 Long Sanders Laidlow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Close. That will be a good match up.

I think I'm back to dis-liking Sam Long.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Well, ahead of the match ups being presented this evening, here are my WPRO suggestions:
1. Ryf-Duffy-True
2. Philipp-Gentle-Sodaro
3. Haug-Jewett-Watts
4. Matthews-Findlay-Moench
5. Spirig-Lopes-McCauley
6. Lawrence-Salthouse-Hering
Commentary:
1. Ryf only athlete who might beat Duffy, if she can get sufficient gap into T2. Sacrificial lamb - True dat.
2. Rerun of Edmonton battle, hopefully here with Philipp having a typical (for her) swim.
3. Battle of the speedy runners (and Jewett's ride seems to be getting better).
4. Reprise of M v M head to heads (Florida, Tulsa, 70.3WC Utah . . ) and Findlay Canadian TT champ (2022) v GB TT Champ (2020) with Matthews chasing (? Moench in tow).
5. Gives Spirig a chance.
6. PTO will not be able to resist Karma/battle rerun but Hering every chance of beating both.

Haha nice one! If you can predict that we'll it tells me the captain pick are a bit bs and most picks are made for showcase. As in run battles, bike battles etc
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Match 11 Hanson Iden Laundry
Quote Reply

Prev Next