Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [s13tx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just seen the teams...In the male category, even prior to the matchups Team EUR seems quite superior with the nordic army.
As for the women's..quite even..maybe US is a bit weaker.EUR vs rest of the world seems the most fair competition right now.
Totally agree with the point about Pallant.Maybe she has declined or we miss something but she is better than H Lawrence nowadays. Would love to see Duffy vs Knibb vs Ryf... just some fire on that bike

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It would appear that Sutton has had an explosive rant on his Facebook page about all the "armchair experts". Wouldn't have called Lucy Charles -Barclay an armchair expert...
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Sprusky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

https://www.trisutto.com/post/the-samorin-debate

Sprusky wrote:
It would appear that Sutton has had an explosive rant on his Facebook page about all the "armchair experts". Wouldn't have called Lucy Charles -Barclay an armchair expert...
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Sprusky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sprusky wrote:

Slightly interested in where he reaction is. Because there are like 30 likes on that post and no comments.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long course athletes - we need to setup PTO to make long course racing more TV accessible and more money for Pros. PTO- let’s make the racing shorter and bring in faster athletes.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Bosco64] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bosco64 wrote:
Long course athletes - we need to setup PTO to make long course racing more TV accessible and more money for Pros. PTO- let’s make the racing shorter and bring in faster athletes.

Which only makes sense. Long course racing is boring and not accessible for tv. Introducing short course racers brings in the best triathletes in the world and sets up the competition between the “outsiders” versus the long course athletes the fans know and cheer for. What base tunes in to this glorified exhibition? Mostly long course fans I reckon, so try to bring in some extra eyeballs by bringing in the Gold and Silver medalists. Can the short course athletes move up in distance? Can they handle being in aero and basically transitioning to an entirely different sport? But there is no denying that they are hands down faster. Watching Matthews, True, Moench is boring over this shorter distance.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [robbie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robbie wrote:

Sprusky wrote:

Can someone share what he said so we don't all give ad revenue to a convicted sex offender by clicking on his link?
Last edited by: BigBoyND: Aug 6, 22 0:06
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are no ads on the link
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [tim_sleepless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tim_sleepless wrote:
There are no ads on the link

Doesn't really matter. Her comments aren't at the link. So, what did she say? And I also can't believe I clicked on, we need to stop providing that person oxygen.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
robbie wrote:

Sprusky wrote:

Can someone share what he said so we don't all give ad revenue to a convicted sex offender by clicking on his link?

Basically bragging about the fact that he doesn't understand aerodynamics from what I can tell
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I always thought Sprig was due a monster performance at middle/long distance, she did have arguably the strongest bike in ITU (not much between her and Duffy) she hasn't been able to execute it at middle distance in the big races for whatever reason, maybe she's just showing her age or had off days so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
I always thought Sprig was due a monster performance at middle/long distance, she did have arguably the strongest bike in ITU (not much between her and Duffy) she hasn't been able to execute it at middle distance in the big races for whatever reason, maybe she's just showing her age or had off days so far.
In the run up to Tokyo she 'executed' two excellent races (ahead of Matthews/Norden and Haug; very strong on the bike). But (exclude latest PTO race) she has not raced in any 'big' MD races.
Now recall her serious crash in February; and she's been recovering from that all the way to Sub8.
I support Spirig's selection for 'legacy' reasons.
Pallant should have been selected (as said last week) - I asked for reasons they went for Lawrence and, as far as I can see, those offered ^^^ are:
1) Looks good in a trisuit (well so does Pallant)
2) Lawrence has more Insta followers (100k v 30k)
3) Lawrence is a (n ex) World Champion
4) Wish for Salthouse 'Karma' rematch
Have I missed any?
Will Lawrence's implosion at Boulder tip her the idea that maybe she is not fit to race at Samorin in 10 days time?
Pallant is still travelling and has presumably been nominated as an 'alternate'.
On the INT team where is the outrage that for South America representation, Lopes (the drafter extraordinaire) has been preferred to Baptista?
Recall the latter's excellent race at Oceanside finishing within three minutes of Knibb in a non-drafting race: way better than Lopes giving up 7 minutes to Gentle; and PTO ranking.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:

Pallant is still travelling and has presumably been nominated as an 'alternate'.

Pallant is on the start list for World Triathlon Long Distance Worlds. So is Charles-Barclay

https://triathlon.org/events/start_list/2022_world_triathlon_long_distance_championships_samorin/552893
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [vkanders] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vkanders wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

Pallant is on the start list for World Triathlon Long Distance Worlds. So is Charles-Barclay
Aware of that. I cannot believe Charles will race for a pittance. Maybe she has been nominated as an alternate also, which would be another aberration - having a reserve on whom Europe might depend last minute who has just started running again after 8 months off! Would be irrational (but she has got lots of Insta and yt followers, so maybe a commercially-led option). Guess her run would be extra interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Ajax Bay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
Jackets wrote:
In the run up to Tokyo she 'executed' two excellent races (ahead of Matthews/Norden and Haug; very strong on the bike). But (exclude latest PTO race) she has not raced in any 'big' MD races.
Now recall her serious crash in February; and she's been recovering from that all the way to Sub8.
I support Spirig's selection for 'legacy' reasons.
Pallant should have been selected (as said last week) - I asked for reasons they went for Lawrence and, as far as I can see, those offered ^^^ are:
1) Looks good in a trisuit (well so does Pallant)
2) Lawrence has more Insta followers (100k v 30k)
3) Lawrence is a (n ex) World Champion
4) Wish for Salthouse 'Karma' rematch
Have I missed any?
Will Lawrence's implosion at Boulder tip her the idea that maybe she is not fit to race at Samorin in 10 days time?
On the INT team where is the outrage that for South America representation, Lopes (the drafter extraordinaire) has been preferred to Baptista?
Recall the latter's excellent race at Oceanside finishing within three minutes of Knibb in a non-drafting race: way better than Lopes giving up 7 minutes to Gentle; and PTO ranking.

From memory Spirig came nowhere at Challange Daytona, I thought she'd win, didn't do much on the bike either.

She has all the tools to be an incredible LC athlete (she had a better bike and run than Ryf did to take with her from ITU) I think the ship might have sailed, no criticism of her at all, she's had an incredible career even before you factor in she was prety much a part time triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love Spirig and heard all of her reasoning for a road bike with clipons, but I still feel like it was a poor choice. Sadly we won't ever see what she could have done at LC because with being on a well fit TT bike, she just isn't going to take out the top.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ajax Bay wrote:
vkanders wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

Aware of that. I cannot believe Charles will race for a pittance. Maybe she has been nominated as an alternate also, which would be another aberration - having a reserve on whom Europe might depend last minute who has just started running again after 8 months off! Would be irrational (but she has got lots of Insta and yt followers, so maybe a commercially-led option). Guess her run would be extra interesting.

Lucy will race the ITU World Champs. She needs a race to test where she is at to see if she is going to push to go to Kona.

It also keeps her options opens with Brit Tri. The window is open for Paris so she could do with doing some of the end of season races.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
just seen the teams...In the male category, even prior to the matchups Team EUR seems quite superior with the nordic army.
As for the women's..quite even..maybe US is a bit weaker.EUR vs rest of the world seems the most fair competition right now.
Totally agree with the point about Pallant.Maybe she has declined or we miss something but she is better than H Lawrence nowadays. Would love to see Duffy vs Knibb vs Ryf... just some fire on that bike

Especially as Lawrence pulled up in Boulder 70.3 at the weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SheridanTris wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:
vkanders wrote:
Ajax Bay wrote:

Lucy will race the ITU World Champs. She needs a race to test where she is at to see if she is going to push to go to Kona.

It also keeps her options opens with Brit Tri. The window is open for Paris so she could do with doing some of the end of season races.
After a long rehab rushing to race seems a risk-laden approach. I can see her hoping to be competitive in St George (late October). The idea of going to Kona (to race as opposed to keeping sponsors happy) seems doubtful. But as she says in the repetitive ROKA advert: people have always doubted me . . .
The cunning idea of trying to make Team GBR for Paris seems a pipe dream now. I guess we'll just have to wait till she comes through the denial phase. Before the injury it was borderline possible: now it's not. British Triathlon will not squander resources and WTCS start slots on her. They have medals to win, not insta likes to harvest, and have podium standard athletes performing right now.
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 9, 22 13:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think she can realistically make that GB team, before that injury I'd have gave her a chance.

It's a shame if she doesn't race anymore ITU, I loved the damage she was doing on that swim!
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [SheridanTris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knibb out - not fit and not really a surprise after not racing at Edmonton or any WTCS.
Reviewed in ProTriNews podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/...ri-news/id1559781865
The USA women were unexpectedly competitive with the Europeans last year (mainly because of Haug and Ryf both failing). Without Knibb INT seem likely to be stronger than USA this time, at least that promises to be the closest competition between the 3 teams.
Many/some of the athletes now in Samorin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Knibb was one of the US weapons for the cup.Guess now Jackie Herring must give a step forward but US seems weaker than Team Int.
I was wondering wether Team EUR picked Lawrence to low its level a bit because Pallant looks much superior.

Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [juanillo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
juanillo wrote:
Knibb was one of the US weapons for the cup.Guess now Jackie Herring must give a step forward but US seems weaker than Team Int.
I was wondering wether Team EUR picked Lawrence to low its level a bit because Pallant looks much superior.

i think sodaro turned some heads at edmonton, and i think the collins cup distance suits her well. depending on her matchup and whether she's able to run like the clappers again, could be interesting.

for my part i think of the collins cup as sort of an 'exhibition event,' more of a paid and sort of competitive jolly for the pros rather than a balls-off race. i'd like to see more really left-field choices. hey, team international, why not see how alex yee would go? hey, team USA - offer gwen to come out of retirement and light it up one more time. why not?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Collins Cup - Selections for INT, USA and EUR teams [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
for my part i think of the collins cup as sort of an 'exhibition event,' more of a paid and sort of competitive jolly for the pros rather than a balls-off race. i'd like to see more really left-field choices. hey, team international, why not see how alex yee would go? hey, team USA - offer gwen to come out of retirement and light it up one more time. why not?

As I understand it, young Yee is British (went to the school a couple of roads from mine, ectually) and therefore ineligible for the Internationals team. Of the top short course men, Takumi Hojo might have been a better example, with a much greater commercial reach; or how about Wurf (who's moved to #5 in INT and for sure would liven up the INT team meetings and morale).
As for Jorgensen, the mind boggles, but kudos to the fertility of your imagination. I'm sure that would motivate Danielle Lewis and Jodie Robertson to try harder to get into the USA team for next year.
Any 'left field' wild cards must have a clear rationale which might include encouraging current professionals and not seem "unfair".
On that final note, please can anyone explain to me why Lawrence was preferred to Pallant?
Last edited by: Ajax Bay: Aug 18, 22 3:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply

Prev Next