Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
your so mean.... i asked you 5 questions.... witch one do i have to figure out by myself????? i m going to bed....

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> 2. Dinner is all you can eat, as long as it fits on the coffee saucer the first time. There are no refills in
> this all you can eat establishment.

My first thought was (Chinese) sticky rice... I could easily pile enough of that on a coffee saucer to fill any appetite. Jen did me one better with a 3' stack of pancakes, with a few fillet mignons on top.

You gotta think outside the box, bro!

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: 7 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
We do eat things besides ice cream sometimes. But last Friday it was like 35 degrees out and jonnyo made me walk to the ice cream stand with him to get ice cream! Can you believe that? I am a good friend, though, and was willing to go along for support.

It seems like it has been getting close to 35 degrees celsius here (my car has been reading the outside temperature as being that at times, altho I'm not sure about its accuracy), and on my long bikes and runs I begin to look forward to ice cream about an hour away from home. MMM ice cream.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I gotta remember this since I'm trying to get from 189 down to 174 and fucking stay there!

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
5. Insure you are taking in adequate calories during your day 6. Eat a bigger breakfast or lunch if you feel you need more food
I take this to mean McD's for breakfast and Chipo-burrito for lunch
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
> 2. Dinner is all you can eat, as long as it fits on the coffee saucer the first time. There are no refills in
> this all you can eat establishment.

My first thought was (Chinese) sticky rice... I could easily pile enough of that on a coffee saucer to fill any appetite. Jen did me one better with a 3' stack of pancakes, with a few fillet mignons on top.

You gotta think outside the box, bro!
==================================================================================================

A large Tickleberrys' ice cream in a tub would fit on a coffee saucer! Now that's thinking outside the box!

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo,

Does that mean your wetsuit size has changed? Please advise ASAP!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nop......i will like wetsuit big!!!! so i will maintain and race at around 140lbs....maybe a tiny bit lighter!!!! i m actually going for burger tonight!!!!!

the rumor in texas is that you will be doing a half marathon next weekend in austin with a wetsuit on??????????

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

You gotta think outside the box, bro
[/quote]
Don't make me food police you also. One of the bylaws not published is if you overfill your coffee saucer for dinner, I come by and take my percentage of the take.
Besides it's also funny to hear jonnyo whine about 8:20pm in a high pitch voice "I'm soooo hungry" or "I was lean at hawaii but this is too skinny" (he wasn't lean at hawaii and a former winner told him so!)

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Feb 10, 07 8:17
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Paulo, do you think I'm too lean...? You don't think 137lbs is too low...? Are you sure???"
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
funny Jonnyo story:

He has recently discovered the addictive powers of coffee, and this morning he gets back from his morning run and says, "I don't know what kind of coffee I got, but I only had one cup and I was running really fast." He reaches in the cupboard and pulls out a bag of espresso beans.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The no-food after 7:30 thing presumes a certain bed time and a certain wake time, doesn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't make me food police you also. One of the bylaws not published is if you overfill your coffee saucer for dinner, I come by and take my percentage of the take.
Besides it's also funny to hear jonnyo whine about 8:20pm in a high pitch voice "I'm soooo hungry" or "I was lean at hawaii but this is too skinny" (he wasn't lean at hawaii and a former winner told him so!)

========================================================================================

I take it soup isn't served often at Chez DD!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonnyo
Is it bad to make chocolate chip cookies with your kids after 7 pm and finish off the batch before bedtime? I guess if you can lose 13 pounds compared to Soma then I need to follow DD's rules as well. Ouch!

Chad
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I take it soup isn't served often at Chez DD![/quote]Sure it is, I have a shot glass for you to have your soup in.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does he make exceptions for Top Ramen?

Hmmmmmmmm...

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now, THAT'S funny! LOL!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian, you have it all wrong! Jonnyo should be on a diet of squats, bench and preacher curls because everybody knows that you have to be strong to be a able to ride 112 and then run a fast marathon off the bike............;-)

I actually had myself done in a bod pod last week and unfortunately it confirmed what I feared that the extra 8lb I am carrying currently over my racing weight is certainly not muscle. Definately a worthwhile thing to have done, it means that I can set myself a realistic target weight (138lb) and get back down to 5% body fat again. Most of the weight gain due to eating too much, too late.
Very good advice for anyone wanting to shed those extra pounds.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [flying wombat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin,

Good seeing you at the snow crit the other weekend. I take it you are racing VOS? I'm started to ride a few hours per weekend again. Anytime you want hook up for a ride let me know.
I'm thining of bringing my bike with me to work a couple of days per week then riding Tortilla Flats to EOP if you are interested.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian, I am taking a break from VOS this year to race a team 24 Hours in the Old Pueblo and then racing the Marathon at Estrella the following Saturday. I would definately be up for an EOP ride. Let me know when you were thinking of riding and I will see if I can make it.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you love how pool water feels so cold when you get that lean? ah,...refreshing (not!) I find myself siding with the geriatric crowd in pool temperature preference when I get that lean.

You'd be proud of myself today -- I went to an all-you-can eat sushi restaurant today,...and instead of eating the rice from the negri, I ate the sushi and threw in the sticky rice in a plastic bag. Would this be considered #9?

SC

http://www.bikeforest.com/scott
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [CURRY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good job scott!!!! keep the good work! yeah....everyone is laughing at me for shivering in the pool at 81 degrees.... i need 84 or 86 to not get cold.....i m always cold.....but the good thing is...i dont touch the ground when i run!!!!! it feel so good!!!!

i had apple pie tonight!!!!!!!!!!

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [CURRY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, you guys are hardcore. The most I do at the sushi places is order it with brown rice and sauces on the side or just go for sashimi altogether to avoid the tempation.

Peace

Team Aquaphor 06-08
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo has recently discovered the power of caffeine, but has been going to the Laveen Sport Centre for several years??? There is something that doesn't add up here...Does DD hide his stuff?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am bumping this post up for all of us folks who need to loose some pounds before their A race this summer.

"Sometimes you got to learn to hurt"
Quote Reply

Prev Next