Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
holograham wrote:
I am curious what is the appropriate level of hunger to endure. I have nights where I will wake up at 1am and be absolutely starving...to the point where I cannot fall back asleep without eating something (typically carbs). I have tried everything..glass of water, celery sticks, carrots, nothing. Typically I will lay awake until my wakeup time (4:30am). I count all my calories in and out and I am strongly believe I am not underfueling during the day. I have experimented eating smaller dinners (500 calories) or larger dinners (1500+ calories) or high fiber/high fat for slower digestion with similar issues ... fall asleep at 9pm and wake up around 12-1am absolutely starving. Is this common? Do I just need to HTFU?

during heavy training block,. i did get those crazy hunger in the middle of the night. But i have to say that in those circumstances, nothing could have old me back and i would simply eat everything i could find in the fridge. that would be a really good clue that i overdid it in the starvation process!!! So while i think it s important for high performance to get very learn and be carefull in your intake... you should not have to get up in the middle of the night...feeling like your bonking.

I also found that it s much easier to lose the weight in hot environment vs cold. Ask most elite men.... when you start shivering in the water at the pool or in the ocean at kona...you know your reach the proper race weight and ready to run fast!

i dont advice to get this lean all the time or for all the races and it s not for everyone ... it s not a easy process on the body.

Oh yeah, I got that lean for Kona in 2006 (136 lbs) and 2013 (138 lbs) and was shivering in Kailua Bay...and I tried it at Whistler 2015 (138 lbs), except instead of 30C+ and a ton of climbing it was 7C and I should have been on the "jan ullrich insulation plan". But yeah, I got down to KQ weight for Whistler but was so cold i was 60 min of the slots which was the furthest i have been to the last rolldown in ages! So much for this stupid plan....I am going back to LARGE plate
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
holograham wrote:
I am curious what is the appropriate level of hunger to endure. I have nights where I will wake up at 1am and be absolutely starving...to the point where I cannot fall back asleep without eating something (typically carbs). I have tried everything..glass of water, celery sticks, carrots, nothing. Typically I will lay awake until my wakeup time (4:30am). I count all my calories in and out and I am strongly believe I am not underfueling during the day. I have experimented eating smaller dinners (500 calories) or larger dinners (1500+ calories) or high fiber/high fat for slower digestion with similar issues ... fall asleep at 9pm and wake up around 12-1am absolutely starving. Is this common? Do I just need to HTFU?

Guys, this thread was posted like 8 years ago, partially seriously, but partially a joke....some people on this thread are getting way to serious (not necessarily you, just replying back to the thread since i bumped it from several years ago). If you are hungry to the point you can't sleep, go and have a snack and get the sleep...that's going to be more important anyway.

I love to throw out movie quotes (especially in business, or sport!).

From the classic "Stripes" Sargent Hulks says "Lighten up Francis." (pun intended in this case).

Hey Dev. a little secret (between you and I only). I raced WF ~5lbs lighter than previous years. The jokes on me though, I should be still at least 10 lighter. Gotta go to bed hungry-very rarely do though. I'm so naughty!

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [holograham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: kileyay: Nov 28, 15 13:13
Quote Reply

Prev Next