Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:
No, but policies such as

If you win the race: 3 donuts
If you win the AG: 2 donuts
If you're in top 5 OA: 1 donut

Keep it as lean as possible.

Absolutely right! After every race I have a A&W Papa burger, McDonalds fries, Dairy Queen milk shake & 20 pack of Tim Bits, no exceptions! Well, okay except in Calgary, in which case I try to make it over to Peter's Drive In!

Actually in all seriousness, having tried to diet perfectly, not allowing "bad" food is a recipe for failure. Little miss steps are not the end of the world, just a curve in the plan that may need to be adjusted for.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This plan was made as a joke...writen in a few minutes as i was complaining of waiting to reach race weight. Brian went into the computer room, typed this and posted it on the fridge door.... and the effectiveness of this program is remarkable. One of the best nutrition plan ever made in the sport history....simple, easy to follow, drop weight in a good manner!

dd is pretty brilliant.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dam brian

people thing you put together a plan well though after years of research or something????? that was a 5 minutes hurry up put something on paper to shut me up from complaining...... I still have the original paper somewhere in shoe box.

When can i move back? i m tired of canadian winter!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a spare room, Gravey misses you. Come on down.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't understand this sentence, can someone explain what "irregardless" means?

Whiners pay rent irregardless if they trained that day or not.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [GAIJIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GAIJIN wrote:
I don't understand this sentence, can someone explain what "irregardless" means?

Whiners pay rent irregardless if they trained that day or not.

irregardless means regardless - lol

http://news.cnet.com/...8_105-9796217-1.html

1. It's the only word where attaching the "ir-" prefix to the root word has the exact same meaning as the root word: Throwing an "ir-" in front of normal, less bad-ass words that begin with "R" changes the meaning to the opposite of the word. Irrefutable. Irreverent. Irrelevant. Irresponsible. Not "irregardless." It doesn't care what the rules of grammar are. It means exactly the same thing as "regardless," and that's the way it likes it.

2. Against all odds, against all logic, and (ir)regardless of everyone hating it, it has achieved official word status: How can you not pull for the underdog in this case? "Irregardless" went up against the rules of grammar, stick-by-the-book lexicographers, and the fact that it's a completely redundant word. Didn't matter. Whatever didn't kill it made it stronger. It's the hardest-working word in the dictionary, and it should have earned your respect by now.

3. Even though it's a word, Merriam-Webster says you shouldn't use it: Can you name another word in the dictionary that the dictionary says you shouldn't use? Even really bad swear words don't have a dictionary-imposed boycott. That just makes me want to use it more.

4. It simultaneously makes sense and doesn't make sense: You can think of the word in one of two ways: (1) it should mean the opposite of "regardless," or something along the lines of "keeping the facts in regard," or (2) it could mean "regardless of the fact that something is regardless." The latter of the two is like double-super regardless, and it's the meaning I prefer. "Irregardless" really, really doesn't care what the facts are or what you think. It should only be used in extreme circumstances, such as when a course of action is ridiculously counterintuitive. "Irregardless of the fact that you are very thirsty, you should eat this pile of salt." Stuff like that.

5. It practices what it preaches: Irregardless of the rules of grammar, "irregardless" is a word. It's self-reflexive. It's the exception that proves the rule. It talks the talk and walks the walk. Is there another word like that? No, because "irregardless" is bad-ass. It is a text-based Chuck Norris, roundhouse-kicking everything else in the dictionary into submission.

6. If you think about it long enough, it will blow your mind: It's the Mobius Strip of words, but it's also packed with Eminem's aggressively apathetic attitude. It's completely unique, completely confusing, and it couldn't give a rat's ass about any of that. It just is what it is. If you don't like it, don't use it."

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Last edited by: plant_based: Feb 17, 13 15:00
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. So if it means regardless why not use regardless? It's less typing, effort to say, etc. Plus it makes no sense. In the example sentence about whiners paying rent, just remove the "ir" and it makes sense.

This seems similar to when some people use a phrase "I could care less" when really they mean "I couldn't care less".

I like the Desert Dude list though.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
In Reply To:
9. don't weigh yourself

So how are you evaluating progress?

...simple: results. i never looked at weight as a way of measuring progress. do you?
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [GAIJIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This list was done for me, using word for me. Irregardless is perfect for me frenglish. At LHPTC we don't respect law of english and French either for that matter

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Worlds easiest diet

1. If it makes your mouth happy....spit it out.

Or my mothers old family diet that lead to point 1. Buy the kids the shittiest driest, hardest cookies that even the dog would break a tooth on. That way there are always cookies in the house, and no-one gets fat.

Her other plan was "buy the kids a season pass at the ski resort" We were never home to bother her, we only got given a rope of dried figs to eat (try eating frozen dried figs. No matter how many calories they have or how many you can thaw in your cheek and eat, you will never gain weight when it's 25 below!)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I missed the 7:30 cutoff already, but made it by 7:50. It's only been an hour. For the record, I already hate you.

Will report progress.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like common sense to me, he teaching you to tie your shoes too
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jonnyo, you have seen this photo, under the Desert Dude Diet, what time of day is it proper to consume this delicacy?

Cervelo R3 and Cannondale Synapse, Argon18 Electron Track Bike
Quote Reply
Post deleted by kennyDalglish [ In reply to ]
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cervelo-van wrote:
Jonnyo, you have seen this photo, under the Desert Dude Diet, what time of day is it proper to consume this delicacy?

Half way through a double century! Carbs, sugar, fruit & fat. With a drizzle of chocolate so no one under fuels like I would if you had to choke down a gel ;) (who invented those things anyway?)
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer to think of irregardless as without not having regard. It's the mobius strip or the MC Escher of words.

I also noticed a lot of insurance policies being taken out on this diet plan and I wonder how they made it through underwriting!
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [cervelo-van] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cervelo-van wrote:

Who is that dude?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
i m not sure, those rules were made for me and i would have never venture into a workout less than 30minutes so that rule didnt mean much.... the no eating after 7:30 was inforced strongly.

This plan was made as a joke...writen in a few minutes as i was complaining of waiting to reach race weight. Brian went into the computer room, typed this and posted it on the fridge door.... and the effectiveness of this program is remarkable. One of the best nutrition plan ever made in the sport history....simple, easy to follow, drop weight in a good manner!

ALL PLANS SHOULD BE THIS SIMPLE! If not even simpler! My one step walking,running and swimming=SWAGGER! One step for losing weight,fasting(read the"Miracle of Fasting"by Paul Bragg). Any other simple plans?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:

Interesting that this was the only line that you got hung up on. Did you 'insure' that you are taking in adequate calories every day with Geico or State Farm? Once you get past the grammar the plan will help you lose weight.
Last edited by: bazilbrush: Apr 6, 13 14:15
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [bazilbrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where is the laveen high performance training center? (don't tell me laveen, i live here. where 'bouts in laveen.)

thx

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Madduck wrote:
where is the laveen high performance training center? (don't tell me laveen, i live here. where 'bouts in laveen.)

thx

That was dd's house when he lived in Laveen.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now or in 2013 when that post was made? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zenmaster28 wrote:
Now or in 2013 when that post was made? ;)

Neither. When the original post by jonnyo was made. And mostly I replied to bump it because we mentioned in the unbearable being thread. :)

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Gold rules by DESERT DUDE to lose weight and get in racing shape! [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see, well I guess I'll have to go read that one now then won't i?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
These are the rules i received from desert dude to get ready for ironman azizona. He is very hard on is athletes and when you are accepted to train at the Laveen high performance training center.....you need to step it up..... so for anyone that need to shave off a few pounds for the coming season, stick to this...it really works!!!!

i went from 149lbs(ironman hawaii) to 137 lbs (now)

By Desert Dude strict rules for eating while at the LHPTC. They are as follows:

1. No eating after 7:30 unless coming back from a late evening workout over 30min. If under 30min you may have 1 gel and a piece of fruit or 1 energy bar.

2. Dinner is all you can eat, as long as it fits on the coffee saucer the first time. There are no refills in this all you can eat establishment.

3. Hungry at night? Tough - you should have eaten more throughout the day. Have a glass of water instead of whining. Whiners pay rent irregardless if they trained that day or not.

4. eat something within 20 min of completing all workouts.

5. Insure you are taking in adequate calories during your day

6. Eat a bigger breakfast or lunch if you feel you need more food

7. Make sure you are fueling properly when in your training sessions.

8. Still hungry? Pay rent for whining

Send all complaints to the administator of the facility to the address below:

Gabi K9
3546 Who Cares Dr.
Stop Whining, AZ 85552

Brian Stover

OK, so what happens if you put Starky on this plan? Does he go 7:49? What about if you put Rapp on this plan? He would disappear into aerobic nothingness and become even more aero than humanly possible.

As for the rent part, well, if I whine I would have to pay rent to myself since I own the establishment that I live in!
Quote Reply

Prev Next