Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jph437] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM 70.3 Rapperswil Jona - Switzerland

1) Average Watts 190
2) Average Speed 29.62 km / hr - 18.5 mph
3) 56
4) 75 kg
5) Canyon Ultimate Al, Conti GP 4000s II, massive head-tube (17/8th") bottle on down tube, bottle on seat tube, spare tube in bag under seat) - I'm guessing this is not that aero a configuration :)
6) Rode 130 km with 2500m of climbing 48 hours before half and had 13 hours for the previous 6 days in before I toed the line - putting the excuses out there first, I also live somewhere where it is completely flat so the closest I have to a hill is a freeway overpass
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10 mile straight time trial

1) Average watts 359
2) Average speed 29.1 mph
3) 10 miles
4) 6'2'', 167 lb still too fat :(
5) 2012 Trek SC, Hed trispoke w/ conti ss 20mm, Enve 66 w/ cover and conti tt 23, draft box on(not sure if it makes a difference but I like having a flat kit)
6) Been playing with positions, I think I found something that worked. Moved the pads together til they touched, and tipped the bars up a bit heeding slowtwitchers advice. I was within 3 seconds of my best time but there was no tailwind, so I think I would have been faster on a better day.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [daveke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your bike setup looks very nice and clean. Certainly no low hanging fruit. Replacing the front brake with a TriRig will save a couple of watts.

I think your position generally looks pretty good too. The one thing that stands out in the top picture is that your head is a bit high. This is a little less true in the bottom picture (which isn't level so is a bit misleading), but is there to some extent there as well. You might need to practice "turtling" your head a bit more to try to get your head more in line with the rest of your body. If I were you I would also experiment with going a little lower on the front end if you are doing short events like TTs and Olys. It might help to get a split nose saddle to do that; I'm guessing you are on an Fizik Arione now(?).
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elkhart Lake Olympic Tri (Wisconsin)

1) Average 185w, NP 196w
2) 21.4 mph (fastest women's bike split in elite wave, there was one faster woman in the open wave)
3) 27.7 miles
4) 5'4", 144lbs (muscle weighs more, right?)
5) 2013 Felt DA1, HED Jet 9's front & rear
6) First race with my power meter, was cool to see the data during & after, doing my first real FTP test next week
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice!
I just got a good deal on a P4, and will be using a TriRig front brake on that too.
My P3 is a 58, and the P4 will be a 56. I will put the 1 cm spacer that is on top of the stem underneath it and leave the handlebar as is, so my stack will be 1 cm lower than on the P3 now. If I want to, I can take the arm-pad spacers out as well and drop another cm. The cables will also be neater on the P4 so I think position and bike-wise I'm done. It's the legs that need attention then :)

My SRM failed today together with my HRM strap so I dont have any data on the event.
I competed in a 1.55 mile swim, 52,8 mile bike and 12.4 mile run event.
Ended up with a 43.29 on the swim, 2.10 on the bike and 1.26 on the run being the latter the focus for training next winter. I just need to run faster, and be able to swim a bit faster. The biking went allright, averaging around 24.2 miles/hour. Total time was 4hour26
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [daveke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. 217AP/220NP
2. 24.5mph
3. 56.1 miles
4. 176lbs/80kg
5. 2007 Cervelo P3C, FLO90/Disc, Vittoria Latex, Attack front (22mm) / GP4000sII (23mm) back, TriRig Alpha bars, TriRig Stem, Omega brakes, Speed View Skewers, Hawk BB, BTA, Cable Mod to top tube, top tub bosses put in w/Xlab Bento, Dash 7.0TT saddle, S-Works helmet, LG Course SS suit (medium).

Link to position: http://www.ubersense.com/...w/UBKVBLQZ?e=2380198

Formerly TriBrad02
Last edited by: TriBrad02: Jun 30, 15 18:08
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Para-cycling TT National Champs - Chattanooga, TN (same course as the pros)

1) 31km/19mi
2) 262/269 AP/NP
3) 24.9 mph
4) 5'8"/60kg
5) Felt DA, Boyd 90 with GP4kII, Reynolds 47 powertap with a prototype, latex tubes,
6) Last year the Garmin called in 1100 ft of gain, this year it called it 900 ft. Still a lot of gain. Won my category.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the Black Fly Challenge yesterday, Indian Lake to Inlet NY point to point MTB race.

1) 201 w avg, 239 w Xpower
2) 15.5 mph avg spd
3) 38.7 miles
4) 205 lbs
5) Fuji Altimira Cross bike with Ksyrium ES wheels and Specialized Houfalaize Pro tires
6) My first race of the season, getting sick this winter sucked. No aero position to tweak for this one since I was on the cyclocross bike...just a lot of suffering for my fat ass climbing the endless hills. The descending is always fun though!
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBrad02 wrote:
1. 217AP/220NP
2. 24.5mph
3. 56.1 miles
4. 176lbs/80kg
5. 2007 Cervelo P3C, FLO90/Disc, Vittoria Latex, Attack front (22mm) / GP4000sII (23mm) back, TriRig Alpha bars, TriRig Stem, Omega brakes, BTA, Cable Mod to top tube, top tub bosses put in w/Xlab Bento, Dash 7.0TT saddle, S-Works helmet, LG Course SS suit (medium).

Do you mind me asking; what was the elevation gain on this ride?

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 Victoria. about 1000m elevation.

1) 232AP/243NP
2) 34.2KM/hr (21 mph)
3) 88.5km / 55miles
4) 6'0 172lbs
5) Specialized transition, flo 90/60, butyl tubes, GPS4000s II, Kask Bambino helmet

Bike split of 2:35

EDIT: BestBikeSplit.com predicted pretty well

Last edited by: vancity: Jun 15, 15 9:02
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [vancity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBS is definately doing something right. I've seen them nail a few but yours has got to be one of the closest.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [rsmoylan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rsmoylan wrote:
TriBrad02 wrote:
1. 217AP/220NP
2. 24.5mph
3. 56.1 miles
4. 176lbs/80kg
5. 2007 Cervelo P3C, FLO90/Disc, Vittoria Latex, Attack front (22mm) / GP4000sII (23mm) back, TriRig Alpha bars, TriRig Stem, Omega brakes, BTA, Cable Mod to top tube, top tub bosses put in w/Xlab Bento, Dash 7.0TT saddle, S-Works helmet, LG Course SS suit (medium).

Do you mind me asking; what was the elevation gain on this ride?

Eagleman. Elevation gain of about 1'. =)

Formerly TriBrad02
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [TriBrad02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagleman
1. 211AP/216NP
2. 24.8 (garmin); 24.62 (race). First 25 miles: 215NP, Miles 26-49: 216NP, last 7 miles at 222np
3. 56.1
4. 161lbs/73.18kg
5. Trek SC, radioactive yellow paint, 9 series, zipp 808/disk, vittoria latex, GP400S2 (23), x-lab aero water bottle on down tube, BTA bottle, rear seat bottle.
S-works helmet, PI Octane tri suit.
--its a fast bike course

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welland Half Iron Distance:
1) 156AP/158NP
2) 21.9 MPH
3) 55.8
4) 142lbs (5'6")
5) KindHuman KuTT (S), FP60 front, Renn disc rear, Vittoria Latex, Conti GP4000S (23mm), BTA ziptied bottle cage, PD 2 bottle rack behind seat with Shimano Pro storage bottle and 1 standard specialized bottle, LG Lazer Tek 2 top and bottom, LG Vorttice, Mavic Pro Tri Shoes, Look Keo Blade 2
6) No wind going out, slight headwind on way back. Temp was 20degC.
7)[/url][/img]

http://www.clperformancetraining.com
http://www.pillasport.ca
Last edited by: al-gorithm: Jun 17, 15 15:46
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [al-gorithm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eagleman (garmin data)

1 214AP
2 23.4mph
3 56.13
4 190ish
5 Unknown model open mold frame with 88mm/25mm U shaped clinchers and aerojacket on the rear. 23c 4000sII with latex. full tririg cockpit with omega front and rear.
6 Been slacking on my riding since PR, just not enough time in the saddle and about 40 miles in my taint wanted no part of it so started moving around too much. Also new sunscreen made it really hard to get PI suit sleeves on, should have tested, so I took too long in T1 which resulted in me forgetting to fully strip my swim skin off. oops. Bike course was super fast and fun wish I was better prepared, now that i have figured out how to read the results right looks like I was 39th oa after the bike with my crappy ride... also time to learn to run!
7 (same as post 1255)
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) 253/261 AP/NP
2) 36.8 kmh (22.8mph)
3) 20k, sprint)
4) ~71 kg (156 lbs)
5) Shiv Small, -45 deg stem, uberhund bars, 60mm chinese wheels, specialized turbo fron and gatorskin back (training wheels)
6) Did 135k with 4*30 minutes @250 watts earlier today and I did not really plan to do this race (club champs) but kinda got talked into it. Didnt even have my kit with me so back to the roots it is: Speedo only. Fun but sucks to be @ threshold RPE and only manage high L3.
7)

Endurance coach | Physiotherapist (primary care) | Bikefitter | Swede
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mortysct] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tejas Sprint Tri
1) 221W / 230W NP (data from Quark Saturn)
2) 24.8 MPH
3) 12 miles
4) 162lbs (5'10")
5) 2013 Shiv Comp, SRAM S80 Front/Renn 575 disc both on GP4000sII
6) Flat out and back course with a number of 90degree corners - 1st time I've got fastest bike split in my AG!

Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Accel Sprint Tri, Waterloo Iowa
1) 242W / 247W NP (data from Garmin910XT)
2) 24.1 MPH
3) 15.7 miles
4) 158lbs/71.6 kg (5'11")
5) Cervelo S5 vwd, tri rig brakes, stem, 3T Zefiro with aerobars, Zipp 808's with latex tubes, GP4000S 700X23. Rudy Wingspan helmet, PI Octane Sleeveless tri suit
6) 400 ft elevation gain, otherwise Flat out and back course with a few turns, I missed one turn so that cost me about 15 seconds.

Last edited by: kppolich: Jun 17, 15 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [mrtopher1980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your bike was in my rack, very nicely done bike sir!

mrtopher1980 wrote:
Eagleman (garmin data)

1 214AP
2 23.4mph
3 56.13
4 190ish
5 Unknown model open mold frame with 88mm/25mm U shaped clinchers and aerojacket on the rear. 23c 4000sII with latex. full tririg cockpit with omega front and rear.
6 Been slacking on my riding since PR, just not enough time in the saddle and about 40 miles in my taint wanted no part of it so started moving around too much. Also new sunscreen made it really hard to get PI suit sleeves on, should have tested, so I took too long in T1 which resulted in me forgetting to fully strip my swim skin off. oops. Bike course was super fast and fun wish I was better prepared, now that i have figured out how to read the results right looks like I was 39th oa after the bike with my crappy ride... also time to learn to run!
7 (same as post 1255)

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [kppolich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

1) 249w (garmin vector s with 910)
2) 23.8 MPH
3) 12.4 miles
4) 164lbs (6'0")
5) bone stick
6) round island with strong wind on one side

disappointed. want to be over 300w on 20 min test. my arms went numb after a while, my bars maybe too low
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Local TT series, stage 3

1) 299W
2) 41.7 kmh / 26.06 mph
3) 10.9km front / back course, minimal elevation change, sea level. Minimal wind impact.
4) 75kg
5) Scott Plasma 3 with Tririg Alpha (Classic) and "flat shark stem", Zipp Super9 disc + Zipp 808, Veloflex Carbon
6) 34sec better than 2 years ago on the same course (that was done on a Look 596 and with 10watts less)

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Local Olympic Tri Norway:

1) AP: 266 / NP:282
2) 22mph / 35.5km/h
3) 25 miles/40k
4) 174lbs/79kg
5) Trek Speed Concept 7.0, Wishbone 80mm front/disc rear, catlike TT helmet
6) Rolling hills all the way, out and back course. Medium/Strond side/headwind out, side/tailwind back.
Quote Reply
Re: Post your average power (watts) and average speed (MPH) from your last race [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:
Your bike was in my rack, very nicely done bike sir!

Thanks! it was supposed to be a cheap build and now I have way too much into it, but exactly how I want it.

I don't recall your yellow beast in the rack, GFs first big race so I went on auto pilot for my setup then went to help her. But I do remember it when you passed!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) 221 watts average, 233 Normalized
2) 21.9 MPH
3) 24.73 Miles (Guelph 1 olympic)
4) 184 lbs
5) Trek Speedconcept 7 series project 1 from 2014, Aura 5 wheels, no bottle on downtube, clean front end, Air Attack helmet, Continental tires, 2xu tri suit.
6) Rolling Hills, little wind, half good roads, half crap roads. Followed it up with my fastest 10k during a race.

Dan Mayberry
Amateur a lot of things, professional a few things.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Patriot Half, MA
1. 153 AP/ 163 NP
2. 21.3 MPH
3. 56 miles, flat to gently rolling
4. 161 pounds (racing age 62)
5. Trek Speed Concept 7.2 (gen 1) w/ draft box & bento box, Zipp 404 front w/ Zipp Speed 23 tire, Zipp 808 rear w/ Catalyst wheel cover & Zipp Speed 25 tire (both at ~102 psi), latex tubes, Zipp Vuka clip & bull (gen 1), Tririg omega front, BTA & behind the seat bottles, Giro Selector helmet, Castelli SR Bodypaint trisuit, Quark Riken.
6. Very light breeze, conditions felt very favorable. Pavement is variable, rough in places, OK in others. Two loops, averaged 3 watts higher on second lap but .3 slower, wind picked up a little bit and also passed fewer people on second lap. Aeroweenie FTW!
Quote Reply

Prev Next