Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Aero Brakes [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks - that is nice and clean. I just came up with an idea on the design that I stole from Tom and Greg to hopefully reduce the wear on the straddle cable. I cut a couple of very short pieces of 1/4 " OD copper tube and then slotted the outside wall parallel to the center line. Then slipped the pieces over the straddle cable, rotated the slot down and closed it using a needle nose pliers, and pushed the copper pieces into the brake arm hole. The effect is to have a soft copper lined hole through which the straddle cable passes so that any metal to metal contact wears the copper and not the steel straddle cable. Will see how it works - the copper may wear through after a couple rides ??
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [AFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post some photos when you can, I'd like to see it.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So that came with the straddle?

Dan

http://www.aiatriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [dtreeps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So that came with the straddle?

Dan

Yep came just like this:

with a short bolt. Got it on eBay for $25 shipped from TatiCycles

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Post some photos when you can, I'd like to see it.

Not much that would be visible in a photo - IIRC there is a photo of my version in this thread or at least in the forum someplace. Basically I've added a copper liner to the holes in the brake arms where the stradle cable/linkage goes.
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [AFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing that set up and was thinking about using it before I went to the Simkin's brakes.

Do do however really like the center pull set up with the 726 and might still go for that set up. Could always use the Simkin's on my SLC build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have a spare (or know where I can find) a T726R? It's rare that Google doesn't come through for me but I'm coming up empty here.

Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taticycles on ebay but unfortunately for me they dont do international shipping!

M@TTY
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah...nothing posted currently but I dropped them an email.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not the t726r, but there are a few on ebay for cheap right now:

set 1

set 2

set 3

You would need to do the "Tom A" modification to make these work on the front. But at the price, its pretty cheap.

Last edited by: jeremyb: Feb 3, 10 11:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I emailed Matt and am waiting for him to have a black front available for me. I also just picked up a new rear R725 of eBay for $30 that I'll probably use on the back to clean things up a little.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what frame are you using?
does anybody have a r725/726 on the rear of p3 if so would love to see pics
cheers
john
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [jcaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Javelin Barolo with Jetstream fork. I might eventually go to a Simkins on the rear but figured I'd try $30 before $170.
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [bikerbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you attach them to the fork/frame? I don't see a front bolt.

AB
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a Tektro R725 Front Brake online the other day only to discover that it won't fit my fork/frame. So it's brand new, zero miles, bolt and noodle included. If anyone would like to have it, $25 and shipping...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got my Egg Brake in yesterday...nice little unit. Might get it mounted up tomorrow...will post pics.
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [Matt Simkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SolidWorks!

Jonathan Blyer,
ACME Bicycle Co., Brooklyn, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not liking how the 725R cable guide sticks out to the side. Has anyone converted a 725R for center pull on the rear? I'd need some sort of cable hanger that might mount with the caliper bolt and extend a couple inches up towards the seat post. I figure a flexible noodle guide would get me around the corner from where the cable housing exits my top tube.

Another option would be to just buck up for a rear Egg Brake but that still has the arm hanging out there a little.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what bike you have, but with a P2SL or similar you could use somthing like this Surly hanger:

If that won"t work, I'd bet you fab something with this (for a front cyclocross fork):

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would definitely need something that mounts to the caliper bolt location...not really any other options. Of course an Egg Brake would be a much cleaner transition from the frame to the smooth caliper arms. It's only money, right?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one was just posted: link

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And sold about 10min later. I decided to just go with a nice DA 7900 rear caliper anyway.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's my front.
I've not ridden it on the road yet, but as far as everything else goes I'm delighted.

Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [carlosferreiro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Below is a link to a technical paper on aerodynamic computer modeling. I got some technical feedback on it from a different thread.

Even if folks are not interested in an Egg Brake per se, I think that the article should be interesting to anyone who is thinking about the topic of aerodynamics generally.
http://www.4shared.com/...Analysis_Using_.html

Last edited by: Matt Simkins: Mar 19, 10 10:18
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [Matt Simkins] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The link does not work. Not valid?
Quote Reply

Prev Next