Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Aero Brakes [jcaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
does anybody have a picture of rear brake mounted on frame(pref on p3c:-) ) but on anyframe would be great

It fits great on a Titanflex:

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow that does look neat thanks for picture
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [jcaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know how to post pics but here are mine that I just put on my P3C:
http://briansbikeblog.blogspot.com/...ins-aero-brakes.html

"Oh you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar."
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [bikerbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I don't know how to post pics but here are mine that I just put on my P3C:
http://briansbikeblog.blogspot.com/...ins-aero-brakes.html

I posted one of your photos to tinypic.com after I lightened it some. It really does mesh up well with the fork!

I think you might have it set too wide though, looks like the brake arms stick out well past the fork legs??? Tough to tell from the pics.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [bikerbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for the pics front seems to sit very well ,rear maybe not so good on p3 ...however maybe a bit of good aul fashion tape to fill gap...:-)
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [BMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone tell me the total width of these brakes?

Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can someone tell me the total width of these brakes?

My calipers have my front brake at ~65mm on the outside of the brake pad area and ~57mm on the outside of the pivot area, matching the fork and fork crown of my P4 quite well. http://palladinospics.shutterfly.com/27

Steve Palladino
http://www.permanente.net/...tor/steve_palladino/
http://www.eteamz.com/...rt=24&id=4591042
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [m@tty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just mounted up a R726r to my P3. I think it looks pretty solid. Used a threaded canti hanger because it had less drop---just dremelled off that little tab on the inside of the steering tube. Then used a Jagwire flexible noodle to get the cable routed.

Better yet, is that I picked up a pair for $48 shipped. Got them on eBay from Taticycles

For full disclosure: rear brake is not yet set up in the pic below. But FD, RD and front brake (obviously) are in the pic below. Next is to install the rear brake so no cables are showing.

Compare that frontal view to the way the bike looked stock when I got her and things are looking pretty cool.

Last edited by: jeremyb: Jan 18, 10 21:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wish I could also say nice things about taticycles...

I was sent the wrong one and taticycles refuses to send me the correct center pull brake.

I might have to leave negative feedback... anyone want a Tektro 735R?

-----------------------
My Science Blog
"The only fair race is the race against the clock" -Anquetil

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so where are the FD and RD cables routed?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

looks good! I filed 6mm of the top of my FSA headset the other day as I have changed my bar set up and wanted to get a little lower!

Fitted some wrist relief extensions for more comfort as I am concentrating on 50 and 100 mile TTs this year posibly even a 12 hour?
M@TTY
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave, see this thread

The pic above though with the new front brake is without fairing----just cables ziptied together because I'm making some mods to the fairing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know Jeremy, my P2K being all black and me having some sheets of thin carbon at home, I might do the same thing. What would be nice is if I knew how to work with carbon and could just wrap the front end. But in the ned I think I will do something similar to your set up but I think it will look better on a black frame. :)
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [BMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You know Jeremy, my P2K being all black and me having some sheets of thin carbon at home, I might do the same thing. What would be nice is if I knew how to work with carbon and could just wrap the front end. But in the ned I think I will do something similar to your set up but I think it will look better on a black frame. :)

I'm not sure just using sheets will come out the same.

Check out the shape better here:

The modifications I referred to above are to make the trailing edge sharp rather than rounded as above.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With just a little work, you could rotate that baby 180 degrees and improve the front and rear edges of the frame - that's how I did mine, and it worked perfectly.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I think I will try it

Do you have a pic of it mounted on the bike?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking for awhile but haven't found a pic of it on my P3. It's since been modified and refit to an older P2 classic which is loaned out. I dunno if I have any pictures of that either, but I will do a search.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another pic of the cable exiting the bars with the flexible noodle.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice. I've had an Oval aero front caliper sitting on the shelf for a while now. Is that basically the same one you used? I'd have to convert it to a center pull. Are you running your right lever to the front brake?
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. I used the Tektro t726r

I imagine your front oval looks like the first brake pictured on the link above? That has drop to it that you dont need. Tom A has set up the middle brake in the link to be a front brake that is centerpulled.

The t726r is basically exactly like Tom's above except the brake has some special hardware for the centerpull to mount up.

Last edited by: jeremyb: Jan 20, 10 19:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice - would you mind sharing how you secured the straddle wire on each brake arm - difficult to see in the photo. I used a factory molded end plus a cable knarp on the other but have switched to cable knarps on both ends after finding that ~ half the cable wires were cut on the factory end.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep - my Oval looks like the R725FB. I originally intended to mount it behind the fork but would prefer to get the side mounted cable out of the way instead. What do I need to modify the 726R?

Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [AFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nice - would you mind sharing how you secured the straddle wire on each brake arm - difficult to see in the photo. I used a factory molded end plus a cable knarp on the other but have switched to cable knarps on both ends after finding that ~ half the cable wires were cut on the factory end.

Al...I'm pretty sure that brake came with a "straddle" setup that's literally identical to what comes on the brakes for the Transitions. There is no cable spanning the arms, just the center triangular block that secures the brake lever cable and then 2 metallic arms that terminate in pivots at the ends of the brake arms.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Al...I'm pretty sure that brake came with a "straddle" setup that's literally identical to what comes on the brakes for the Transitions. There is no cable spanning the arms, just the center triangular block that secures the brake lever cable and then 2 metallic arms that terminate in pivots at the ends of the brake arms.

Thanks Tom - it helps to click on the link for the brake caliper and then actually scroll down to look at the correct model. (:-) It looks very clean and safe as well.
Quote Reply
Re: New Aero Brakes [AFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its a very nice "straddle" setup. It even has a little lever to disengage to spread the arms wider (on the right in the pic below). I did have to replace the mounting bolt with a longer one because its setup to be a rear.

Quote Reply

Prev Next