Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Scott_D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what your setup is, but I have done this accidentally. It's actually pretty easy to do without realizing.

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [seeksTrijustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
yea innocent people go silent and disappear.

Mike Rossi says he's innocent, but he has yet to go silent and disappear

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would assume some course of legal intervention had them take it down... But then this page would be subject to the same legal pressure.

her coach and team dropping her are the most damning... The people who know her and are her friends //

This is why they took it down, everything you just wrote you just made up from what you read on this blog. You don't know that her team or coach just dropped her, but you read it on the internet and now propose it as fact. I have actually heard something else that conflicts with this, and I didn't read it on the internet, and will wait for real investigators to finish up their jobs before I start purporting things as facts.

Maybe you are right in that there was some legal action against triathlete mag, or maybe I'm right. I put forth a theory of what I think may have happened, at this point still going with it. (on the article takedown thing)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hear hear, oky who ever is wrong buys the first round
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
yea innocent people go silent and disappear.

I struggle with this part. This sport is a huge part of my lifestyle. My family makes sacrifices so I can train. My family and friends wake up stupid early to support me. Etc. etc. etc. If ANYBODY ever questioned my integrity while racing I would fiercely defend myself....which in most cases this is simply posting a GARMIN file. Not sure what she could do in this situation since it's not a 'timing' issue.

Just don't touch other peoples shit.

Quote | Reply
Given that she tried to get the husband of the affected athlete to quiet down and not call the officials over, I would say that she knew she was doing something she wasn't supposed to be doing. When the official came over to try to figure out what was going on, she went over to the husband and exchanged words to make him drop it. He had a camera with a telephoto lens and said he took pictures of her messing with the bike. I didn't see her actually touch the bike, but heard/ saw all of the commotion after the husband started yelling.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [dab628] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CgyTriGuy wrote:
.....AND the Facebook account is deactivated. I remember this happening shortly after the NZ girl incident as well. But I'm sure it is just a coincidence.

I'm sure.

So a friend tells you to go pump up their tires. Okay cool, no big deal, emergency bathroom break got there late whatever. It happens.

You go over to the bike and put the pump on and push it and it reads 150psi, since that's what half the people think they should pump their tires to.
You Probably think that's weird because why would your friend who you hit upside the head with a 2x4 last week for pumping up his tires that high ask you to pump his tires up. You check the bike and go oh crap wrong one and go to the correct bike. Given that it's almost a guarentee whoever the athlete was checked their tires before they left transition it should have been pretty simple to realize it was the wrong bike.

There is no situation where the person ends up with less tire pressure than before without it being on purpose or a complete newbie and they let out half the air while trying to fill it.

If that is really the case it was somehow an accident, you should be able to show the numbers were close to your friends or the bike was similar etc. the refs can talk to the friend. Your manner if that happened would just be completely different when talking to the officials.

Like someone else said if really you just screwed up with the wrong bike then why I'm the world do you delete your FB. You go "I made a mistake trying to help out one of my friends and ended up messing with a different persons bike. Although I didn't mean to do this to a fellow competitor I understand the reason they dqed me, and will be more careful next time" And go on with your life.

You can come on here say oh they were both p5-x with zipp wheels I wasn't paying too much attention trying to not stare because their ugliness might have blinded me before the race. Witch hunt done.

This isn't a hard thing to solve if you really didn't do anything.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am doing the due diligence and writing the story. Have several photos. Have quotes from the other competitor. The spouse who witnessed it and even one short line from the accused.

But no real response from officials yet, but I saw that they "saw it."

Herbert

monty wrote:
Anyone else notice that the article on triathlete.ca has been removed? Any ideas why this would be?//

Probably because the entire thing was lifted off this forum thread without any due diligence. That is why dan goes in and trims these threads and does his warnings, until he is done with his research and can write a legitimate article with some actual facts. All they really did was print you alls rush to judgement and someone figured out a lot of it is just hogwash and speculation !!!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
... if really you just screwed up with the wrong bike...

If only bikes in triathlon transition areas had some kind of mandatory, unique identifier that could be used to prevent that kind of innocent mistake..
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK back to the thread...We have Kristen Johnson, Tom Brady, Lionel Messi, and Christiano Ronaldo all competing for GOAT status.

Hmm. Lionel MeSSi. Convicted tax cheat. I'm really starting to believe in this whole double letter thing...
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Someone needs to photoshop the logo with the balloon loosing air. I don't have the skillset to do it.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
I am doing the due diligence and writing the story. Have several photos. Have quotes from the other competitor. The spouse who witnessed it and even one short line from the accused.

But no real response from officials yet, but I saw that they "saw it."

Herbert

monty wrote:
Anyone else notice that the article on triathlete.ca has been removed? Any ideas why this would be?//

Probably because the entire thing was lifted off this forum thread without any due diligence. That is why dan goes in and trims these threads and does his warnings, until he is done with his research and can write a legitimate article with some actual facts. All they really did was print you alls rush to judgement and someone figured out a lot of it is just hogwash and speculation !!!

Looking forward to it. Will this be out before the aero bike test?
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Jun 20, 17 12:29
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
... if really you just screwed up with the wrong bike...

If only bikes in triathlon transition areas had some kind of mandatory, unique identifier that could be used to prevent that kind of innocent mistake..

Hence the rest of the paragraph that you cut off saying you should be able to show the bike or numbers were close.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It will be out soon - correct
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Donkey Kong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donkey Kong wrote:
OK back to the thread...We have Kristen Johnson, Tom Brady, Lionel Messi, and Christiano Ronaldo all competing for GOAT status.

Hmm. Lionel MeSSi. Convicted tax cheat. I'm really starting to believe in this whole double letter thing...

Everyone thought I was kidding when I discovered it, didn't they?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5755921#p5755921

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Running mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running mom wrote:
seeksTrijustice wrote:
Her run times vary pretty astronomically month to month...

1) it is a pretty common name- Are you sure all the run times are the same person?

2) sometimes I run local races with friends, with my kids, with my husband--- some women run pregnant, post-partum with and without strollers. So running times can be all over the place.

Not sure what the outcome of the Tonya Harding/ Nancy Kerrigan situation will be here-but there can be lots of reasons for variability in run times that don't mean anything.

I agree. I have a common name for women my age, and there are a few common spellings, which has resulted in my name being misspelled in the results of a few races. I have tried looking myself up and find very mixed results, including some that indicate I have DNF'd a HIM at least once a year. For the official record, I have never DNF'd a race, even when I had food poisoning.

So yeah, while the video certainly points to guilty, I wouldn't paint everyone who has that name with the same brush.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was on my P5, I went over everything the night before. My junction box was ripped right off with the plastic holder snapped. I had the race mechanic check it over and he agreed that it was something malicious. He ended up writing a letter to Ironman which helped me get into Tremblant.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:

I agree. I have a common name for women my age,

Just a wild guess

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That "Mango" song is still my favourite work of Doughty's.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nope. But I did go to school with a few. It is also not Heather, if that was your second guess. My first and last name are so common that I had one race with someone who had the same name, but a different spelling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Donkey Kong wrote:

Everyone thought I was kidding when I discovered it, didn't they?

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=5755921#p5755921

Do we need some blockchain mining algorithm running on NVidia GPUs to figure out the "next one"?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Someone needs to photoshop the logo with the balloon loosing air. I don't have the skillset to do it.

Just want to confirm if the balloon is latex or butyl?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Italian Style Sabotage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTZ0N7VTDtY
Last edited by: mistyped: Jun 20, 17 12:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
luckily I am too slow to be a threat and therefore don't have to worry about this kind of racer on racer violence
No shit, I'm tempted to hang up the bike and running shoes and head for Dairy Queen just thinking about the fact that every misstep I ever made in a race was my own fault.
(NOTE: not Dairy Queen, 3B's Ice Cream; but none of you know about their awesomeness)

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply

Prev Next