Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [seeksTrijustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is America if the President Tweets it, IT IS FACT

I did NOT want to make that connection to American Politics and Donald Trump, but since you have - yes, there are some parallels with incidents like this - vast hordes of people, piling or choosing a side, based on scanty, questionable, one sided, information! :)

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
...that's what we do in a truly judiciary society! :)

Indeed - innocent until found guilty. Do you not trust WTC's role as judge and jury here? They DQ'd her - not something they are normally willing to do lightly on weak evidence.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Diehl78 wrote:
Out of curiosity , can someone ballpark BBS , 130 lbs, 175 watts at Placid, with a decent position, not super low drag or anything. I'm just kind of curious. I'm not at all tech savvy , I apologize.

At 130 lbs off 175W at LP should be easily under 5:30. I've done 5:29 there off 183W at 138 off a shitty aero position on the old "tougher/slower" course. Also did the same bike split at Whistler on a way tougher course off the same watts. At 130 lbs it should be easily under 5:30 on that 6000 ft climbing course. Having said that, it may also depend on how well the athlete descends. You can easily lose 2-4 min per loop on Keene vs a good descender who lets it rip.

Thank you for running those numbers for me! I appreciate it .

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was my point.... Just like Cosby was found innocent in court he wasn't guilty he didn't do anything everyone is lying... IF it walks like a duck....
Last edited by: seeksTrijustice: Jun 20, 17 6:17
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Indeed - innocent until found guilty. Do you not trust WTC's role as judge and jury here? They DQ'd her - not something they are normally willing to do lightly on weak evidence.

Agreed - but have you been to or seen, the scene 10 minutes to go before the start of a large triathlon? Do you know how many things and balls up in the air an RD has with 10 minutes to go before the start? In short, it's mayhem - not exactly the best situation to make a sound, rational decision weighing ALL of the evidence, competently and thoroughly. He/She has probably never been confronted with something like this, while at the same time trying to haggle with the police about course/road security, dealing with an over-flowing porta-pottie, and athletes asking when/where the start is??

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the Athlete complete the whole course and logged a finish time before Officially being "DQed" I believe the RD had enough time throughout the day to Mull It over and make up his mind or rethink his initial decision if he made it early in the morning.

Also I am sure this was (if not immediately shortly there after) Put in front of the WTC head Referee
and probably going to USAT as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
If it is truly the truth, (she was trying to help someone else and then left tires low on air without alerting others) she has zero integrity and lacks a conscience.

Agreed - if there was malicious intent!

I disagree.

Even without malicious intent, and regardless of the motive for her faffing with someone else's bike - and apparently the wrong bike at that, if our newest poster is to be believed - leaving it with partially-deflated tires right before the race start, and not drawing attention to it, shows a definite lack of integrity and/or conscience.

"Ah well, I did try but my race is about to start.. they can just deal with it after the swim."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
Her run times vary pretty astronomically month to month...

1) it is a pretty common name- Are you sure all the run times are the same person?

2) sometimes I run local races with friends, with my kids, with my husband--- some women run pregnant, post-partum with and without strollers. So running times can be all over the place.

Not sure what the outcome of the Tonya Harding/ Nancy Kerrigan situation will be here-but there can be lots of reasons for variability in run times that don't mean anything.
Last edited by: Running mom: Jun 20, 17 6:38
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
chriselam wrote:
Lay off the GOAT.

Are we calling Kristen Johson the GOAT? And here I thought we had Paula Newby Fraser, Michelle Jones, Chrissie Wellington and Natasha Badmann on the candidate list. How did she get to the front of the line? I gotta get on the phone with Paula to tell her she's been unseated from her title.

Tom Brady.

He knows. Everyone knows he is a cheater. Might as well be Candian

QFT - now stay on topic.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I wish she would at least post her race schedule, so I know I wont need to bring a pump to transition if we are in the same race. Do I just put a sticker on my wheels that says what air pressure I would like?
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Jun 20, 17 6:56
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
chriselam wrote:
colinlaughery wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
chriselam wrote:
Lay off the GOAT.

Are we calling Kristen Johson the GOAT? And here I thought we had Paula Newby Fraser, Michelle Jones, Chrissie Wellington and Natasha Badmann on the candidate list. How did she get to the front of the line? I gotta get on the phone with Paula to tell her she's been unseated from her title.

Tom Brady.

He knows. Everyone knows he is a cheater. Might as well be Candian

QFT - now stay on topic.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:

I wish she would at least post her race schedule, so I know I wont need to bring a pump to transition if we are in the same race. Do I just put a sticker on my wheels that says what air pressure I would like?

Haha!!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As another data point on this, I think I rode 5:27 on around 180W at ~122lb my first year there, with an ok but not great position. My descending skills leave a bit to be desired, too-not that I was riding the brakes, but I probably maxed out at 35-40 down Keene. So, agreed that 5:30ish seems reasonable!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Agreed - but have you been to or seen, the scene 10 minutes to go before the start of a large triathlon? Do you know how many things and balls up in the air an RD has with 10 minutes to go before the start? In short, it's mayhem - not exactly the best situation to make a sound, rational decision weighing ALL of the evidence, competently and thoroughly. He/She has probably never been confronted with something like this, while at the same time trying to haggle with the police about course/road security, dealing with an over-flowing porta-pottie, and athletes asking when/where the start is??

Do you know the athlete personally?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
.... Just like Cosby was found innocent in court....

That's not exactly how it went down............

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Steve, USAT qualified ref's DQ'd her. WTC runs its own reffing with USAT qualfied folks to my best knowledge. For her to be DQ'd onsite, there would have been some deliberation from people who have zero role in race organization and only have a role in enforcing rules for a fair race. She is GUILTY. If you have not seen this capture of her race results, have a look:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:

I am guessing they do. I am also guessing they won't answer you. To their point...the RD had the entire race to make the call so they really don't have a point, other than likely defending themselves, a friend, or a spouse. Probably not a team mate or coach, since both have dropped her...and they didn't have a million "balls in the air" when they made that decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
Cosby was found innocent in court ...

Actually, it was hung jury and a mistrial

They have 120 days to give it another shot, according to the judge; so Cosby's not off the hook yet

Lizzie Borden, Robert Blake, or OJ, on the other hand ...they were acquitted

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Yes.

BUT as I have said here repeatedly, and I hope you and others are clear, it seems odd that almost 100% of people have defaulted to one side of this story. YES, there is compelling evidence to do that, but there IS another side to this story. I'm not picking a side nor advocating for one side or the other - just waiting to hear it ALL, before I fully decide.

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [jlh1750] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlh1750 wrote:
As another data point on this, I think I rode 5:27 on around 180W at ~122lb my first year there, with an ok but not great position. My descending skills leave a bit to be desired, too-not that I was riding the brakes, but I probably maxed out at 35-40 down Keene. So, agreed that 5:30ish seems reasonable!

Thank you for taking the time to let me know!

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

BUT as I have said here repeatedly, and I hope you and others are clear, it seems odd that almost 100% of people have defaulted to one side of this story. YES, there is compelling evidence to do that, but there IS another side to this story. I'm not picking a side nor advocating for one side or the other - just waiting to hear it ALL, before I fully decide.

I think the reason people have defaulted is because it was reported that video/photographic evidence exists and a DQ was handed down. I doubt many people are going to weigh both sides in this case. If it was an accusation with no proof other than an "eye witness" then of course we would expect people to be reasonable and weigh both sides.

I hope there is a reasonable explanation because, as I stated earlier in the thread, it is scary to me to think that people are messing with bike equipment which could lead to a crash...could you imagine if your or a loved ones equipment was messed with and a serious crash took place??

Bottom line, keep your hands off other peoples stuff unless explicitly asked.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since you know her perhaps you should tell her now is the time to provide a rational explanation, because the first one was hogs wash.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:

I am guessing they do. I am also guessing they won't answer you. To their point...the RD had the entire race to make the call so they really don't have a point, other than likely defending themselves, a friend, or a spouse. Probably not a team mate or coach, since both have dropped her...and they didn't have a million "balls in the air" when they made that decision.

If the original poster is 100% correct, the DQ'd athlete must have been stalking the other athlete and their bike and went into action when the other athlete finally left the transition area shortly before it closed. Pretty Bat Sh&t Crazy. So, the DQ'd athlete originally finished 3rd in her age group, would that have earned her a spot to worlds?

"The incident occurred in transition just after the victim left her bike in transition to head to the swim start. Thankfully, this incident was witnessed and reported to race officials allowing the victim to have her tire reinflated prior to the start."
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Jun 20, 17 7:50
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice that the article on triathlete.ca has been removed? Any ideas why this would be?
http://triathlonmagazine.ca/news/canadian-age-grouper-disqualified-ironman-70-3-syracuse/
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
luckily I am too slow to be a threat and therefore don't have to worry about this kind of racer on racer violence
Quote Reply

Prev Next