Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Do you know the athlete personally?

Yes.

BUT as I have said here repeatedly, and I hope you and others are clear, it seems odd that almost 100% of people have defaulted to one side of this story. YES, there is compelling evidence to do that, but there IS another side to this story. I'm not picking a side nor advocating for one side or the other - just waiting to hear it ALL, before I fully decide.

No, it's not "odd" at all. Sure, there is another side (there is always another side!), and I suspect we had a snippet of it from the earlier poster who - suspiciously on their first ever post - came on to ST to give a very implausible excuse for what happened. I'm sure something like that will be her story and she'll stick to it. If there is hard photo/video evidence of what she did, then her only possible excuse would be that she mistook the bike for a friend's, but - and assuming this is the story she wants to stick to - who was that friend and why did they want her to adjust their tire pressure just before transition closed?

And I'm sure that, just like those friends of Julie Miller and Amy Stretton, you may think this lady is a "really nice person" and no doubt she is in everyday life. But these "super nice people" also sometimes cheat in sports. That's just a fact of life. Even Canadians! :)

The only thing currently working in her favor is that she doesn't have a double letter combo in her name...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

BUT as I have said here repeatedly, and I hope you and others are clear, it seems odd that almost 100% of people have defaulted to one side of this story. YES, there is compelling evidence to do that, but there IS another side to this story. I'm not picking a side nor advocating for one side or the other - just waiting to hear it ALL, before I fully decide.

WTC took months to DQ Julie Miller. They are not known for their quick decision making. They came to the conclusion to DQ this athlete on raceday, therefore the evidence must have been compelling.

What IS the other side of the story? Sounds like your personal relationship is obfuscating your judgment, and that's okay, because that's typically normal, just like Julie Miller's friends or friends of any athlete that has been caught doing something against the rules.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
This is America if the President Tweets it, IT IS FACT

I did NOT want to make that connection to American Politics and Donald Trump, but since you have - yes, there are some parallels with incidents like this - vast hordes of people, piling or choosing a side, based on scanty, questionable, one sided, information! :)

Can you say snowflakes? :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
The only thing currently working in her favor is that she doesn't have a double letter combo in her name...

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

Come on both sides really? This is as bad as the people defending the girl from NZ, thinking that somehow she maybe was just that good on the swim that day to beat all the pro men. I'm sure she just accidently found the wrong bike with all the wrong stuff on it and didn't notice.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [seeksTrijustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
Since you know her perhaps you should tell her now is the time to provide a rational explanation, because the first one was hogs wash.

You would think they would be all over this if they were innocent. Even if they are not innocent....nobody got hurt (luckily) so why not use their poor judgement to be an example of what not to do...and own their bad decision, explain how it has effected her, explain why it's not worth cheating...fall on the sword. That would seem like a logical approach....then again, it appears she may not be logical.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [newManUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a way back machine capture of the Triathlon Magazine Canada article. Nothing is ever really deleted on the web....

https://web.archive.org/...onman-70-3-syracuse/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

No, it's not "odd" at all. Sure, there is another side (there is always another side!), and I suspect we had a snippet of it from the earlier poster who - suspiciously on their first ever post - came on to ST to give a very implausible excuse for what happened. I'm sure something like that will be her story and she'll stick to it. If there is hard photo/video evidence of what she did, then her only possible excuse would be that she mistook the bike for a friend's, but - and assuming this is the story she wants to stick to - who was that friend and why did they want her to adjust their tire pressure just before transition closed?

And I'm sure that, just like those friends of Julie Miller and Amy Stretton, you may think this lady is a "really nice person" and no doubt she is in everyday life. But these "super nice people" also sometimes cheat in sports. That's just a fact of life. Even Canadians! :)

Nice and bat shit crazy competitive to the point of losing rational judgement can co exist in the same person, and Canadians are just as likely to have this tendency as Icelanders, Germans, Americans, Malaysians....we don't have an exemption on "batshit crazy competitive nice people".
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant.Reuter wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

Come on both sides really? This is as bad as the people defending the girl from NZ, thinking that somehow she maybe was just that good on the swim that day to beat all the pro men. I'm sure she just accidently found the wrong bike with all the wrong stuff on it and didn't notice.

Nust respondig to this as it's most recent. I like Fleck and all, but I don't think when you decide if she's guilty or not (which, as you must admit appears a little biased, if not actually so) as WTC has already decided- the only vote that counts. I don't see anyone complaining about the actual DQ. For once the RD beat ST to the twitchhunt
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wetswimmer99 wrote:

If the original poster is 100% correct, the DQ'd athlete must have been stalking the other athlete and their bike and went into action when the other athlete finally left the transition area shortly before it closed.

That's speculation worthy of Fox News!
Last edited by: RonanIRL: Jun 20, 17 8:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

I'd like to hear the other side of the story...but as I posted previously...

If she was inflating someone elses tire, who were there, what as their bib, and did they give prior consent/okay with her doing this?

Why did she let air out of the tire instead of putting air in? Did a valve extender blow?

Did she even have a bike pump with her?

If there is another side of the story we sure haven't heard it besides one new account saying she supposedly was helping some unknown person. I'm struggling to find any valid reason to touch another competitors equipment in transition zone without them being there or giving them permission.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [RonanIRL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RonanIRL wrote:
wetswimmer99 wrote:

If the original poster is 100% correct, the DQ'd athlete must have been stalking the other athlete and their bike and went into action when the other athlete finally left the transition area shortly before it closed.

That's speculation worthy of Fox News!

Well per the original post: The incident occurred in transition just after the victim left her bike in transition to head to the swim start.

I don't see how the DQ'd athlete goes into action immediately after the victim leaves, unless they had a very close eye on the victim's whereabouts. Should I have used 'shadowed' them or 'ambushed' the prey's bike after they left? (sarcasm or sadly, maybe not in the eyes of the DQ'd athlete). Crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

Nice and bat shit crazy competitive to the point of losing rational judgement can co exist in the same person, and Canadians are just as likely to have this tendency as Icelanders, Germans, Americans, Malaysians....we don't have an exemption on "batshit crazy competitive nice people".

Not Tom Brady.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [EC04] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone else notice that the article on triathlete.ca has been removed? Any ideas why this would be?//

Probably because the entire thing was lifted off this forum thread without any due diligence. That is why dan goes in and trims these threads and does his warnings, until he is done with his research and can write a legitimate article with some actual facts. All they really did was print you alls rush to judgement and someone figured out a lot of it is just hogwash and speculation !!!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so the Original poster, as well as the accounts of eyewitnesses here are lying? who knows why triathlete magazine took it down maybe she has an in with the editor, thats more plausible then her original explanation
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriselam wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Yes.

Not Tom Brady.

Exhibit A would be the Seoul 1988 finals. If you ever met Ben Johnson he is as nice as a Teddy Bear. Seriously one of the nicest down to earth guys around, but hey, no limits doping to beat Carl Lewis (probably at the other side of the batshit crazy competitive asshole set, but Lance managed to one up him)

OK back to the thread...We have Kristen Johnson, Tom Brady, Lionel Messi, and Christiano Ronaldo all competing for GOAT status.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those are roughly my stats... same weight, maybe lower watts but pretty good aero position... I haven't done LP in a long time (2004) but I rode it in 5:45 that year... I'm typically one of the fastest riders in my AG (e.g. 2nd fastest bike in my AG in Kona last year, won my AG at IMSA this year with fastest bike)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [seeksTrijustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
so the Original poster, as well as the accounts of eyewitnesses here are lying? who knows why triathlete magazine took it down maybe she has an in with the editor, thats more plausible then her original explanation

Actually I think Monty's guess is more plausible. The piece was just reporting the OP here, with little factual evidence (in the piece). Yes, there had been a DQ, but essentially it was a fluff piece citing an anonymous, online source. It wouldn't take much for them to decide themselves there was little merit in keeping it there, although it could also have been some threat of legal action from Ms Johnson's lawyer.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordanac wrote:
Those are roughly my stats... same weight, maybe lower watts but pretty good aero position... I haven't done LP in a long time (2004) but I rode it in 5:45 that year... I'm typically one of the fastest riders in my AG (e.g. 2nd fastest bike in my AG in Kona last year, won my AG at IMSA this year with fastest bike)

Makes sense . Thanks!

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
.....AND the Facebook account is deactivated. I remember this happening shortly after the NZ girl incident as well. But I'm sure it is just a coincidence.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would assume some course of legal intervention had them take it down... But then this page would be subject to the same legal pressure.

her coach and team dropping her are the most damning... The people who know her and are her friends
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [CgyTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea innocent people go silent and disappear.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
If it is truly the truth, (she was trying to help someone else and then left tires low on air without alerting others) she has zero integrity and lacks a conscience.

Agreed - if there was malicious intent!

But . . . were you there? Did you see all of this unfold? Have you heard directly from, BOTH parties?

Again - I don't know all the details either. I just find it fascinating and and interesting study in human nature and behavior, that all we have is some crude details, from one side of a story, and almost everyone, piles right on!

Fascinating for sure, but this is really just a little exaggerated version of how media and propaganda works, how political campigns attempt to sway public opinion in their favour, how one assembles support for a war, etc.. *ponderings-of-life over, carry on*
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At Eagleman in 2014 I had my di2 battery unplugged basically giving my a fixie before I figured out what happened. I ended up signing up for Tremblant and KQ'd there so karma was on my side.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [lovegoat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovegoat wrote:
Fleck wrote:
If it is truly the truth, (she was trying to help someone else and then left tires low on air without alerting others) she has zero integrity and lacks a conscience.

Agreed - if there was malicious intent!

But . . . were you there? Did you see all of this unfold? Have you heard directly from, BOTH parties?

Again - I don't know all the details either. I just find it fascinating and and interesting study in human nature and behavior, that all we have is some crude details, from one side of a story, and almost everyone, piles right on!

Fascinating for sure, but this is really just a little exaggerated version of how media and propaganda works, how political campigns attempt to sway public opinion in their favour, how one assembles support for a war, etc.. *ponderings-of-life over, carry on*

I think what is also (more) fascinating is how friends and acquaintances tend to want to believe the accused, despite strong evidence of their guilt. It's a bit like the people who are holding placards in support of Bill Cosby. In fact, those 'protesters' are even more weird, assuming they are not actually 'real' friends of Cosby, but rather just die-hard TV fans. Something like 50 women have accused him of improper acts and yet some people still think there's a giant conspiracy against him?! Of course it feeds into politics too, moreso when you have a politician who also has a TV fan base. The fact that Trump can be caught on tape saying he can grab a woman where he wants and then still get elected is pretty incredible. People's biases are very hard to overcome, whether it's born out of a friendship or 'fandom.' Fleck is a smart guy, and yet even he seems to have fallen into this 'friendship bias' (for want of a better term).

...and Fleck: if you are privy to a believable other side to the story, let's hear it!
Quote Reply

Prev Next