Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Just wow! We all know this kind of stuff happens, but now someone has been actually caught. This is the same kind of behavior as hiding your competitors running shoes which some speculated happened at IMTX this year. All her past results are suspect and should be stripped in addition to a lifetime ban.

I must be in the dark. Been racing since 1985 minus the last 2 seasons, and I have never heard of this type of behaviour EVER through my entire network of tri friends. Does this shit really happen now? What happened to fair play and respecting your fellow athlete. I suspect anyone indulging in this type of behaviour did not do any sort of competitive sport during their days as teenagers.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's really bad, definitely worth a lifetime ban.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I must be in the dark. Been racing since 1985 minus the last 2 seasons, and I have never heard of this type of behaviour EVER through my entire network of tri friends. //

I know of a few incidents like this, but always has been loosening the seat post bolt so that it drops during the ride. Happened to a couple of pros, Rick Wells I think in one race. And I even had it done to me in a AG race awhile back, had an argument with a young dude that was shoving last second onto a prime rack that we lined up for hours earlier, and all of a sudden my brakes were screwed down tight against the rim when I started the bike. I wanted to kill that MF'er but couldn't find him after the race.

And yes to those that have been saying this is the worst level of cheating, not only premeditated against one person, but also can put them in danger. This is lifetime ban shit for sure...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is exactly why we can't trust Canadians.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
This is exactly why we can't trust Canadians.

Yeah, it totally sucks...Ben Johnson screwed it up for all of us Canadians:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it would be interesting to know if she knows the bike owner and if there's bad blood. People can justify all sorts of crazy in the name of retribution.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Working on it

GreenPlease wrote:
Poon wrote:
Lifetime ban, please

For sure. Front page ST shaming too.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
I must be in the dark. Been racing since 1985 minus the last 2 seasons, and I have never heard of this type of behaviour EVER through my entire network of tri friends. //

I know of a few incidents like this, but always has been loosening the seat post bolt so that it drops during the ride. Happened to a couple of pros, Rick Wells I think in one race. And I even had it done to me in a AG race awhile back, had an argument with a young dude that was shoving last second onto a prime rack that we lined up for hours earlier, and all of a sudden my brakes were screwed down tight against the rim when I started the bike. I wanted to kill that MF'er but couldn't find him after the race.

And yes to those that have been saying this is the worst level of cheating, not only premeditated against one person, but also can put them in danger. This is lifetime ban shit for sure...

OK guess I've been naive.. no idea this sort of thing was going on.. good grief
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wtf are people thinking?! I don't usually get involved in these forums but I won the women's race at Syracuse yesterday and am a bit livid about this. She looked like she was hammering the run and I even cheered for her when we crossed paths. To do something that could cause another athlete physical harm is completely unacceptable! We are amateur athletes doing this for fun, not racing for money and I'm pretty sure she already had a slot for 70.3 worlds. What would she gain from doing this? My 13 year old daughter and I had a good conversation about perspective and the right way to treat people on our way to school this morning after hearing about this.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I once had my BTA water bottle cage come off about 2 minutes into a race, found out after the race that a certain competitor had been seen with a leatherman type multi tool messing with my bar area of my bike. Come to find out the zip ties holding the cage in place had been cut. It was a relatively short course so i only had one bottle on the bike.

Went to the race director who said that nothing could be done because they didnt have any visual proof of that person messing with my bike, and since the witness (my mother) was on my side and she didn't actually see him cut the ties there was nothing they could do.

They refused to even go talk to the person and ask them what he was doing around my bike.

This is the only instance i've ever been a part of or known of someone messing with bikes in transition. (other than theft)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [acfmonkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
acfmonkey wrote:
wtf are people thinking?! I don't usually get involved in these forums but I won the women's race at Syracuse yesterday and am a bit livid about this. She looked like she was hammering the run and I even cheered for her when we crossed paths. To do something that could cause another athlete physical harm is completely unacceptable! We are amateur athletes doing this for fun, not racing for money and I'm pretty sure she already had a slot for 70.3 worlds. What would she gain from doing this? My 13 year old daughter and I had a good conversation about perspective and the right way to treat people on our way to school this morning after hearing about this.

Congrats on the win! How many tires did you deflate? (kidding). Was this the first you heard of the incident or was there buzz about it at the race site yesterday? Did you see her after the race? Interesting that Ironman has chosen to list her as DNS, when she did actually compete. Why would they not list her as DQ? So she has a worlds spot. Wonder if they will allow her to compete.

EDIT: She is not listed on the 70.3 AG Worlds list as of June 8th. Perhaps this was her effort to get there. Perhaps they practiced this approach at their Arizona training camp earlier this year.
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Jun 19, 17 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Working on it

GreenPlease wrote:
Poon wrote:
Lifetime ban, please

I keep seeing posts deleted. I understand removing posts questioning the mental health of the alleged perpetrator, but some others seem harmless (like the one asking if you will be reaching out to her). Any idea what is allowed and what isn't here?

I realise that in situations like this legal council is often sought and threats of legal action made. Is she lawyering up to fend off an article? Did she admit guilt to the RD? I can imagine she may go to full denial, or go with some concocted story about getting confused and "I thought it was my bike".
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If she wasn't caught on video, or seen by the race official during the act, I'm guessing she'll claim mistaken identity...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This thread is bringing to light just how often "stuff" is happening to competitors belongings. Not long ago we had a thread about theft in transition. Not to mention all the cheating these days. Wtf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never imagined such a thing as sabotaging a competitor's gear is possible. Unfortunately, this thread is suggesting it is not an isolated incident. The WTC can turn this into a great example to show the consequences of such an action--a lifetime ban. Then, they need to make a point at all the athlete briefings of saying that if you mess with your competitor's gear, this is what happens to you. I'd also include theft on the list of such punishable offenses.

There were a lot of flats at Syracuse yesterday!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It honestly scares me that this happens. To mess with someone else's equipment in any way is insane...even more so if it is their bike where serious injury and potentially death is a real possibility when crashing at high speeds.

There need to be SERIOUS consequences for this type of action and it needs to be communicated to the entire community. As another poster stated...wtf is wrong with people?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is she 0-4, or 40-44?

If this was a practical joke between friends, it would be mildly entertaining, although the old "54-11 and pull the eTube cable" prank is way better.

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
acfmonkey wrote:

Congrats on the win! How many tires did you deflate? (kidding). Was this the first you heard of the incident or was there buzz about it at the race site yesterday? Did you see her after the race? Interesting that Ironman has chosen to list her as DNS, when she did actually compete. Why would they not list her as DQ? So she has a worlds spot. Wonder if they will allow her to compete.

EDIT: She is not listed on the 70.3 AG Worlds list as of June 8th. Perhaps this was her effort to get there. Perhaps they practiced this approach at their Arizona training camp earlier this year.

Looking at the ironman results page for this race, it appears they have everyone listed as DNS.......
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:

Looking at the ironman results page for this race, it appears they have everyone listed as DNS.......

Not sure what's going on with the Ironman results page, but SportsStats has the full results where she is listed as DQ
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Herbert wrote:
Working on it

GreenPlease wrote:
Poon wrote:
Lifetime ban, please

I keep seeing posts deleted. I understand removing posts questioning the mental health of the alleged perpetrator, but some others seem harmless (like the one asking if you will be reaching out to her). Any idea what is allowed and what isn't here?

I realise that in situations like this legal council is often sought and threats of legal action made. Is she lawyering up to fend off an article? Did she admit guilt to the RD? I can imagine she may go to full denial, or go with some concocted story about getting confused and "I thought it was my bike".

Yep. The one naming her triathlon team is gone so I won't repeat it, but I do see that they took their Facebook page down. I can only imagine the comments they are getting even though I would be certain her team does not condone that behavior. I suspect she will soon be an ex-member of that team.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Xing triathlete wrote:
Canadian Age Grouper Kristen Johnson (#1405) DQ'd for letting air out of competitor's rear tire just prior to the start of Syracuse 70.3. The incident occurred in transition just after the victim left her bike in transition to head to the swim start. Thankfully, this incident was witnessed and reported to race officials allowing the victim to have her tire reinflated prior to the start. Race officials investigated after the start and ultimately DQ'd Ms. Johnson. I can only imagine how many times Kristen Johnson has done this before without getting caught.

Who is Kristen Johnson?

She was the one that beat Ginny in Placid last year and took the last Kona spot. Funny too , when we picked up Ginnys bike both tires were flat. Aired them up and they never went flat again. Coincidence? Nope.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diehl78 wrote:
stevej wrote:
Xing triathlete wrote:
Canadian Age Grouper Kristen Johnson (#1405) DQ'd for letting air out of competitor's rear tire just prior to the start of Syracuse 70.3. The incident occurred in transition just after the victim left her bike in transition to head to the swim start. Thankfully, this incident was witnessed and reported to race officials allowing the victim to have her tire reinflated prior to the start. Race officials investigated after the start and ultimately DQ'd Ms. Johnson. I can only imagine how many times Kristen Johnson has done this before without getting caught.

Who is Kristen Johnson?

She was the one that beat Ginny in Placid last year and took the last Kona spot. Funny too , when we picked up Ginnys bike both tires were flat. Aired them up and they never went flat again. Coincidence? Nope.

So she deflated them during T2??? :)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
Herbert wrote:
Working on it

GreenPlease wrote:
Poon wrote:
Lifetime ban, please

Yep. The one naming her triathlon team is gone so I won't repeat it, but I do see that they took their Facebook page down. I can only imagine the comments they are getting even though I would be certain her team does not condone that behavior. I suspect she will soon be an ex-member of that team.

Why would a picture of her be deleted from this thread? I think this is the first time something I posted has been deleted. What is the difference between a name and race number vs a picture?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No . She was saying how she felt everyone was passing her and she rode her watts , it was very unusual that she would ever even say that, Kristen put 18 mins on her on the bike. We discovered it at bike check out . Oh and she smashed Kristen yesterday.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply

Prev Next