Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kona Dreamin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez did her an NZ girl take the same class?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona Dreamin wrote:
A further update as reported in Triathlon Magazine Canada and posted on Twitter.

_========================================================================

blah blah blah, blah blah blah. (In the decisions Johnson is referred to as Kristen Michelle Tamburrino.)

blah blah blah.

yep, guilty

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so is it a mental health facility? can't think of anything else that would come before "health facility"?

hopefully, she gets help if that is the case.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
interesting in that EVERY TIME I inflate my tires, the first thing I do is push the valve in to see it works. Therefore air comes out. Duly noting, that is a 1 second obsessive compulsive behavior pattern. At times I repeat it 2 to 3 times. I will be interested to see what Herbert's story entails.

I do this same thing. I don't know why, but I can't not do it.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, there you go...

(In the decisions Johnson is referred to as Kristen Michelle Tamburrino

QED
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Again, what I find fascinating about this whole thing is how nearly 100% of the people on this thread have defaulted automatically to the one narrative. Now, I can see how that can be compelling, but all I was suggesting, ounce again is, shouldn't the WHOLE of the story, from ALL angles be looked at?

Well, this won't be a popular opinion but....

I'm with Fleck.

There are two sides to the story. Here are the FACTS that I've seen:

1) She was DQ'ed

That's pretty much it. The rest is people who saw part of what went down (and may lack context) or people who are conjecturing on what might have happened, or sharing their own similar experiences.

I'm not defending her. If it's true (and the DQ to me implies that investigation was undertaken by the officials already so it's clearly true) then she shouldn't race again. Anywhere. Ever.

Having said that, I look forward to the facts coming forward. It won't change my mind about anything (again - DQ = investigation = evidence pointing to guilt) but I'd like to know what happened even if it just means we can quit speculating on what might have / could have happened.

p.s. I don't know her. I don't know Fleck although he's done a few races I've been in, but I was very very careful to stay off the podium so we wouldn't meet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, just wow. Hopefully she gets the needed help on many levels.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
Fleck wrote:
Again, what I find fascinating about this whole thing is how nearly 100% of the people on this thread have defaulted automatically to the one narrative. Now, I can see how that can be compelling, but all I was suggesting, ounce again is, shouldn't the WHOLE of the story, from ALL angles be looked at?

I'm with Fleck.

1) She was DQ'ed

That's pretty much it. The rest is people who saw part of what went down (and may lack context) or people who are conjecturing on what might have happened, or sharing their own similar experiences.

I'm not defending her. If it's true (and the DQ to me implies that investigation was undertaken by the officials already so it's clearly true) then she shouldn't race again. Anywhere. Ever.

Having said that, I look forward to the facts coming forward. It won't change my mind about anything (again - DQ = investigation = evidence pointing to guilt) but I'd like to know what happened even if it just means we can quit speculating on what might have / could have happened.

p.s. I don't know her. I don't know Fleck although he's done a few races I've been in, but I was very very careful to stay off the podium so we wouldn't meet.

Judging by the most recent revelations, Fleck was indeed right that we do not have the whole story, or all the angles. This is way bigger than most of us thought.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
Durhamskier wrote:
Fleck wrote:

I'm with Fleck.

1) She was DQ'ed

Judging by the most recent revelations, Fleck was indeed right that we do not have the whole story, or all the angles. This is way bigger than most of us thought.

I understand what you are saying. However, nobody was claiming they had the whole story...we are going off what we do know...she was DQ'd based on some facts/proof.

Also, "hospital" does not necessarily mean mental hospital....she could have cut herself fixing dinner and is in the ER for sutures.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm curious as to why you and others keep reffering to the RD as the one giving out the DQ when in fact this should be done by an impartial party AKA as a referee...
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Frenchietries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frenchietries wrote:
I'm curious as to why you and others keep reffering to the RD as the one giving out the DQ when in fact this should be done by an impartial party AKA as a referee...

I didn't.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kona Dreamin wrote:
A further update as reported in Triathlon Magazine Canada and posted on Twitter.

========================================================================

We reached Johnson earlier today both by phone and email.

“I am in the middle of being admitted to a… health facility and can’t deal with this,” she wrote in an email. “I did nothing wrong.”

In reaching out to members of the St. Catharines multi-sport community, many expressed concerns about Johnson’s health.

Yikes... as upset as messing with the safety of someone for a competitive advantage makes me I can't help but feel sorry for her. Obviously she has issues that she needs help with. Hopefully she gets that help.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
whoever said it before. Bat.Shit.Crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wasn't replying to your post lol
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fulla wrote:
so is it a mental health facility? can't think of anything else that would come before "health facility"?

hopefully, she gets help if that is the case.

Yes, sounds like she needs treatment for her stealingcheatingitis.

Fleck, is the 'prior' for fraud the "other side of the story?"
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [badgertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
badgertri wrote:
Kona Dreamin wrote:

========================================================================

We reached Johnson earlier today both by phone and email.

“I am in the middle of being admitted to a… health facility and can’t deal with this,” she wrote in an email. “I did nothing wrong.”

In reaching out to members of the St. Catharines multi-sport community, many expressed concerns about Johnson’s health.

Yikes... as upset as messing with the safety of someone for a competitive advantage makes me I can't help but feel sorry for her. Obviously she has issues that she needs help with. Hopefully she gets that help.

Oh ffs, needs help? It's called, learning your actions have consequences.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A true OCD will then check the pressure again after the pfft test. And the pressure will be 0.23 psi low. Then....:)
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are you pilling it on Fleck for being a reasonable/logical person? He didn't argue the DQ but just said that we didn't have all the fact of the story which is true (and it's true whether or not he knows her).
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Frenchietries] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. I apologize.
I understand where he was coming from. I just found it interesting from a human nature perspective that the one person here who had met her was calling for hearing her side of the story, when the facts we knew already painted a fairly damning picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great picture. Looks like a spy shot picture of someone sabotaging race equipment... and that's exactly what it was! Luckily the competitor's husband actually heard the air coming out, as the odds are super high DQ lady would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't such a serendipitous moment for her husband to go take pictures of her bike at that random minute before race start.
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Jun 20, 17 18:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Front page article now up:

http://www.slowtwitch.com/...tor_s_bike_6414.html

Guilty & Delusional. And as others have said. Bat Shit Crazy. Thanks for the article Dan/Herbert. Maybe she will come to her senses one day.

I really wish she would speak out, I fear she is not alone in her actions and this could be a wake up call for anyone else as mentally toasted as Kristen is.
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Jun 20, 17 18:44
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol at the look on her face in the photo. BUSTED!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stop . We only have one side of the story ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Im-a-miler wrote:
I can't believe it- its one thing to dope to better ones own performance but to sabatoage another persons race, even safety, is on a completely different level.

what if someone didn't see it happen and the competitor got on their bike then took a spill? I'd push for a criminal charge.

You know, the more I think of it, I would like to see some jail time. That person is a daughter, of someone, maybe a mom, a sister too. Kirsten took that woman's life into her hand with this cheap shot. Definitely criminal charge of some kind is in order. Can local police be alerted to this matter regardless of what Ironman does (any NY state law people out there) ?

Being in law enforcement for 15 years I've seen many people go to mental health facilities immediately upon arrest and while undergoing investigation. It's very hard to bring charges on someone who has a mental health diagnosis that could explain their actions. I will also say I've seen people seek mental health who truly needed it.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply

Prev Next