Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This happened right in front of the transition area so a lot of us saw and heard the details as they were happening. It doesn't look good for her and messing with someone's equipment IS grounds for a DQ. However, she contends that it was trying to inflate someone else's wheel but got the wrong bike. IDK, but I find it interesting that every reply to this post has already found her guilty and ready to burn her at the stake. Just consider that she might not have been doing anything malicious before you cast the first stone.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, it wasn't. And it was right in front of transition
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A side note, what happened to the original winner? I didnt catch his name but he ran 1:13....he is no longer first, the top 3 were M25-29 and now there is only 2...did he get DQd?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
colinlaughery wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
chriselam wrote:
Lay off the GOAT.

Are we calling Kristen Johson the GOAT? And here I thought we had Paula Newby Fraser, Michelle Jones, Chrissie Wellington and Natasha Badmann on the candidate list. How did she get to the front of the line? I gotta get on the phone with Paula to tell her she's been unseated from her title.

Tom Brady.

He knows. Everyone knows.

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [CNYtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice first post ever.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CNYtriguy wrote:
This happened right in front of the transition area so a lot of us saw and heard the details as they were happening. It doesn't look good for her and messing with someone's equipment IS grounds for a DQ. However, she contends that it was trying to inflate someone else's wheel but got the wrong bike. IDK, but I find it interesting that every reply to this post has already found her guilty and ready to burn her at the stake. Just consider that she might not have been doing anything malicious before you cast the first stone.
In Reply To:

Why would she be trying to inflate someone else's wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
However, she contends that it was trying to inflate someone else's wheel but got the wrong bike.

Can you clarify what this means?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
However, she contends that it was trying to inflate someone else's wheel but got the wrong bike.

+1000

Yes, I'm sure many of us here want to hear a clarification. Let's hypothetically say she got the wrong bike, why was air removed from the tires of any bike? If she had inflation issues, why wouldn't she ask for help? As, someone else said, nice first post. (Roll eyes).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CNYtriguy wrote:
In Reply To:

Whose bike tire was she trying to inflate? Does she have a name/bib number? Does that person agree that this is something they wanted or would have been okay with her doing?

How does she let air out instead of putting air in? Did the valve extender blow?

Did she even have a bike pump with her?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

If she did "accidentally" start on a mistaken bike then why didn't she reinflate the tires once she discover "oops, this isn't my bike"? No matter what, you leave the wrong bike as it was. You don't "accidentally" mess with someone else's equipment and then leave it screwed up. Even if it was an innocent mistake, that is a douche move
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just playing devils advocate here, looking down from 30,000 ft., and asking, is there another side to this story?

I find it fascinating that 100% of the people on here and elsewhere, have taken ONE side of this story - not knowing ANYTHING else!

Is that what they/you do in life - ONLY look at one story, and closing ALL other options/facts/details out?

Let me be VERY clear - I don't know all the details here, either! This is NOT supporting one side, or individuals of this story or the other - just advocating for getting ALL the information, before rushing to judgement!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [TriowaCPA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Her run times vary pretty astronomically month to month...
Last edited by: seeksTrijustice: Jun 20, 17 5:34
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
apparently there is pretty damning video and picture evidence submitted to the RD before he made his decision to DQ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Just playing devils advocate here, looking down from 30,000 ft., and asking, is there another side to this story?

I find it fascinating that 100% of the people on here and elsewhere, have taken ONE side of this story - not knowing ANYTHING else!

Is that what they/you do in life - ONLY look at one story, and closing ALL other options/facts/details out?

Let me be VERY clear - I don't know all the details here, either! This is NOT supporting one side, or individuals of this story or the other - just advocating for getting ALL the information, before rushing to judgement!

If you screwed up, by accident, and messed up another competitors bike 10 minutes before transition closed, wouldn't the natural instinct be one of panic and frantically looking for others to help fix your honest mistake? And what bike was she trying to fix, was it unridable? So far, the story about what she did, if true, sounds like a ridiculous lie to get out of telling the truth. If it is truly the truth, (she was trying to help someone else and then left tires low on air without alerting others) she has zero integrity and lacks a conscience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CNYtriguy wrote:
In Reply To:

well, let's see what comes out of the interviews Slowman is undertaking, but this is exactly the kind of obfuscating type of defense I would have expected. just enough confusion to try to put the slightest doubt in people's minds that she was intentionally trying to sabotage a competitor's race, followed by repeated denial that she did anything wrong. basically the Amy Stretton defense.

what is your relationship to the accused? why did you just open a new profile here?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity , can someone ballpark BBS , 130 lbs, 175 watts at Placid, with a decent position, not super low drag or anything. I'm just kind of curious. I'm not at all tech savvy , I apologize.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

I would guess there is more to the story, such as maybe a history between the two athletes, but that would only increase the chances that it was intentional. WTC's decision to DQ her I think lends credibility to the story as told so far.

I think, sadly, this kind of thing goes on way more than anyone can imagine. I have heard plenty of stories in my area and even my spouse had so.ething happen that seems most likely to have been intentional (an object placed up inside the toe area of her running shoe at a sprint duathlon).
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Diehl78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Diehl78 wrote:
Out of curiosity , can someone ballpark BBS , 130 lbs, 175 watts at Placid, with a decent position, not super low drag or anything. I'm just kind of curious. I'm not at all tech savvy , I apologize.

At 130 lbs off 175W at LP should be easily under 5:30. I've done 5:29 there off 183W at 138 off a shitty aero position on the old "tougher/slower" course. Also did the same bike split at Whistler on a way tougher course off the same watts. At 130 lbs it should be easily under 5:30 on that 6000 ft climbing course. Having said that, it may also depend on how well the athlete descends. You can easily lose 2-4 min per loop on Keene vs a good descender who lets it rip.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably goes on for a long time which is sad... if she is willing to sabotage a fellow competitors equipment there is no telling what she hasn't done... I would bet money she dopes, course cuts, and whatever else cheaters can already dream up that we haven't discovered yet.

#lifetimeban
Last edited by: seeksTrijustice: Jun 20, 17 5:57
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [wetswimmer99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it is truly the truth, (she was trying to help someone else and then left tires low on air without alerting others) she has zero integrity and lacks a conscience.

Agreed - if there was malicious intent!

But . . . were you there? Did you see all of this unfold? Have you heard directly from, BOTH parties?

Again - I don't know all the details either. I just find it fascinating and and interesting study in human nature and behavior, that all we have is some crude details, from one side of a story, and almost everyone, piles right on!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the point you are making is someone tried to F' her over so she wanted to F' them over back... This is the most pathological way to do it. Air out of the tires this time, heck maybe just cut the brake cables next!!!
If you have gripe with an athlete take it through the proper channels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know the athlete personally? Just curious.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [seeksTrijustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If the point you are making is someone tried to F' her over so she wanted to F' them over back... This is the most pathological way to do it.

By your tone and words - you have missed my point and what I am trying to say completely.

My suggestion to you, since your handle is seeksTrijustice - is to really do seek that.

With all due respect, you like many others seem to have have defaulted to one side. And ounce again, let me be VERY clear - I'm NOT taking sides here - only trying to FULLY understand what went on and get all the details before coming to a conclusion - that's what we do in a truly judiciary society! :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is America if the President Tweets it, IT IS FACT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Agreed for the most part. My job plays by the rules of beyond a reasonable doubt, reasonable belief/suspicion, and innocent until proven guilty.

But this is the internet so there's different rules and we're on a discussion board debating x, y, and z. Trial by internet is kind of fun, and 99% of the time we're right on ST.

Yes, we only have one side to the story and there could be some history between the two athletes. I'm sure there's another side but there's ZERO reason to ever touch someone else's equipment unless you were specifically asked to do so. I have pumped up my brother's tires in transition several times because 1) I had the pump and 2) he asked me to do so.

Any argument saying she mistakenly did that to the wrong bike is horseshit. Everyone knows what their own bike looks like so that doesn't fly. If her argument is going to be that someone asked her to pump up their tires and she went to the wrong bike... well, she let air OUT, not put air IN.

We don't have all the facts but there's no plausible excuse for what she did.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next