Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [ergopower] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergopower wrote:
seeksTrijustice wrote:
luckily I am too slow to be a threat and therefore don't have to worry about this kind of racer on racer violence

No shit, I'm tempted to hang up the bike and running shoes and head for Dairy Queen just thinking about the fact that every misstep I ever made in a race was my own fault.
(NOTE: not Dairy Queen, 3B's Ice Cream; but none of you know about their awesomeness)

What do you mean? Doesn't everyone know about 3B's awesomeness? :-D

USAT Lvl1 Coach, NSCA-CPT, NASM-CPT, BS Exercise Science
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [mistyped] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mistyped wrote:
Italian Style Sabotage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTZ0N7VTDtY

Strangletage

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
Nope. But I did go to school with a few. It is also not Heather, if that was your second guess. My first and last name are so common that I had one race with someone who had the same name, but a different spelling.

I pray that it's not Kelly Roberts

She has her own category on MarathonInvestigation.com

https://www.marathoninvestigation.com/category/kelly-roberts

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [TriMyBest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriMyBest wrote:
ergopower wrote:
seeksTrijustice wrote:
luckily I am too slow to be a threat and therefore don't have to worry about this kind of racer on racer violence

No shit, I'm tempted to hang up the bike and running shoes and head for Dairy Queen just thinking about the fact that every misstep I ever made in a race was my own fault.
(NOTE: not Dairy Queen, 3B's Ice Cream; but none of you know about their awesomeness)

What do you mean? Doesn't everyone know about 3B's awesomeness? :-D

We do now!
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
Do you know the athlete personally?

Yes.

BUT as I have said here repeatedly, and I hope you and others are clear, it seems odd that almost 100% of people have defaulted to one side of this story. YES, there is compelling evidence to do that, but there IS another side to this story. I'm not picking a side nor advocating for one side or the other - just waiting to hear it ALL, before I fully decide.

HA!...why didn't you mention that when you posted!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
Nope. But I did go to school with a few. It is also not Heather, if that was your second guess. My first and last name are so common that I had one race with someone who had the same name, but a different spelling.

I've been in a Half Iron where someone with my same name, exact same spelling, was in my AG

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [seeksTrijustice] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
seeksTrijustice wrote:
I would assume some course of legal intervention had them take it down... But then this page would be subject to the same legal pressure.

her coach and team dropping her are the most damning... The people who know her and are her friends

But did she at least get a trucker hat?
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve-oH! wrote:
Fleck wrote:
Do you know the athlete personally?

Yes.

BUT as I have said here repeatedly, and I hope you and others are clear, it seems odd that almost 100% of people have defaulted to one side of this story. YES, there is compelling evidence to do that, but there IS another side to this story. I'm not picking a side nor advocating for one side or the other - just waiting to hear it ALL, before I fully decide.

Steve will have called her on the finish line of many Ontario events with her current and maiden name. Considering how many times she has got on the podium he would know her fairly well.

I like his 'lets hear both sides' approach but some thing do stand out.

The RD has had no problem issuing an immediate DQ.
Her tri club changed this facebook banner yesterday from one that included her.(I dont think she is in the new one).
If you were innocent I think you would try to get out in front of this and issue some sort of statement.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
happyscientist wrote:

I've been in a Half Iron where someone with my same name, exact same spelling, was in my AG

Then there's the case of the Two Mike Rossi's

letsrun.com wrote:
Mike Rossi the runner and [former] DJ / radio personality who you ARE LOOKING FOR works for 92.5 WXTU FM in Philadelphia. His participation at the 2015 Boston Marathon was mentioned in a brief blurb on their site:

The other Mike Rossi in radio, the non runner and the man who you are NOT LOOKING FOR works at 93.7 WSTW-FM in Wilmington, Delaware, which is about twenty five miles away.

The two men named Mike Rossi have apparently met in professional circles (broadcasting groups, I suppose) but they are two different men.

Actually, upon further investigation, I think it was it was discovered that the DE Mike Rossi also runs, and in the same AG as the Cheater Mike Rossi

Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I did, I said almost the very same, in my first post on the thread (#136) and repeated in every subsequent one - and for that, - just suggesting, that with out taking sides, that there be balance, and a full story from all all angles/parties - and I've been attacked for that!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
happyscientist wrote:

I pray that it's not Kelly Roberts

She has her own category on MarathonInvestigation.comhttps://www.marathoninvestigation.com/category/kelly-roberts[/quote[/url]]

Thank goodness, no. I would just look like a quitter if you did a twitch hunt.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
happyscientist wrote:

I am sure that wasn't confusing at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

I did, I said almost the very same, in my first post on the thread (#136) and repeated in every subsequent one - and for that, - just suggesting, that with out taking sides, that there be balance, and a full story from all all angles/parties - and I've been attacked for that!

I think he's referring to the fact that you know her/

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Multisportsdad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

What are you (or he) suggesting?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

What are you (or he) suggesting?

C'mon Fleck, the other poster was saying essentially, "Why didn't you tell us that you know her when you are telling us that we need to hear both sides of the story first." I guess I don't get how you didn't understand that or understand when the other poster was pointing that out to you. What did you think he was suggesting?

Edited to add: I guess if we are suggesting anything, it is that you might have "friendship bias".
Last edited by: jpay: Jun 20, 17 14:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
happyscientist wrote:

I am sure that wasn't confusing at all.

I had a DNS at IMMT a few years ago. There was some guy with my exact name (down to using the same nickname for race registrations) who was in the one of the older AG's and he killed it in his AG (top 5 or 10). Got like 4500 point for the AWA ranking. His points showed up on my IM account for a couple of months after the race. I emailed IM several times during that time period to tell them that the 4500 points were credited to the wrong person. They eventually fixed it.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C'mon Fleck, the other poster was saying essentially, "Why didn't you tell us that you know her when you are telling us that we need to hear both sides of the story first." I guess I don't get how you didn't understand that or understand when the other poster was pointing that out to you. What did you think he was suggesting?

Edited to add: I guess if we are suggesting anything, it is that you might have "friendship bias".

How much do you think I know her? You and others seem to be inferring that because I "know" her*, I am taking her side - when in fact I have never said or implied anything like that - only suggesting that the whole of this story needs to be looked at. That's all! But apparently, here, that opens you up to be attacked and beaten up, for taking the other side. Interesting!

Again, what I find fascinating about this whole thing is how nearly 100% of the people on this thread have defaulted automatically to the one narrative. Now, I can see how that can be compelling, but all I was suggesting, ounce again is, shouldn't the WHOLE of the story, from ALL angles be looked at?

*It's in a VERY limited way

Last edited by: Fleck: Jun 20, 17 15:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're overreacting about being attacked and beaten up. At worst, you've been accused of 'friendship bias'.

You have made your point several times, but yes, most of the posters here are siding with the RD, USAT and WTC who have much more information than we all do, and have come to the conclusion that her actions were worthy of a DQ.

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
interesting in that EVERY TIME I inflate my tires, the first thing I do is push the valve in to see it works. Therefore air comes out. Duly noting, that is a 1 second obsessive compulsive behavior pattern. At times I repeat it 2 to 3 times. I will be interested to see what Herbert's story entails.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Impulse-Warp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A further update as reported in Triathlon Magazine Canada and posted on Twitter.

_========================================================================

As we reported yesterday, a Canadian age-grouper was disqualified for sabotaging another athlete’s bicycle prior to the start of the race at Sunday’s Ironman 70.3 Syracuse. Triathlon Magazine Canada was able to confirm with the Ironman 70.3 Syracuse race director, that the athlete, St. Catharines, Ont.’s Kristen Johnson, who competes in the 40 to 44 age-group, was disqualified at the race. According to unconfirmed reports she was disqualified for letting the air out of a competitor’s tire before the race, and that decision was made based on video taken by a spectator.

Johnson is an accomplished age-group triathlete who placed fourth in her division at Kona last year.

We reached Johnson earlier today both by phone and email.

“I am in the middle of being admitted to a… health facility and can’t deal with this,” she wrote in an email. “I did nothing wrong.”

In our phone conversation with Johnson she reiterated that she was being admitted to hospital and would not be making any other statements at this time.

Johnson, who previously worked as a teacher at the District School Board of Niagara, appears to have been dealing with many issues over the last few years.

She was disciplined by the Ontario College of Teachers in May, 2016. She had been arrested in February, 2014 and charged with fraud. Shortly after that she was also charged with “possession of property obtained by crime,” according to the decision posted on the Ontario College of Teachers website. (In the decisions Johnson is referred to as Kristen Michelle Tamburrino.)

The Ontario College of Teachers Magazine Professionally Speaking reported in its December, 2016 issue:

“Between November 2013 and January 2014, Tamburrino took someone’s bank card without his consent and used it to withdraw a total of about $1,140 from his bank account.”
“In October 2014, she (Johnson) pleaded guilty to the “possession under” charge. She received a conditional discharge and was placed on probation for 12 months. The fraud charge was withdrawn. The Discipline Committee panel found her guilty of professional misconduct and ordered that she appear before the panel immediately after the hearing to be reprimanded.She was also directed to successfully complete, at her own expense, a course in ethics. In its decision, the panel stated, ‘The Committee finds that the Member’s dishonest and illegal conduct warrants a reprimand by her peers.’”
In reaching out to members of the St. Catharines multi-sport community, many expressed concerns about Johnson’s health.

Rob

http://www.robskonadreamin.com/
https://twitter.com/KonaDreamin66
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kona Dreamin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just saw this. Well I guess there's a reason that studies have shown liars , cheats and thieves all go hand in hand. Black and white proof.

Big Sexy Racing 2018
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
Grant.Reuter wrote:
... if really you just screwed up with the wrong bike...

If only bikes in triathlon transition areas had some kind of mandatory, unique identifier that could be used to prevent that kind of innocent mistake..

Even if accidental, wouldn't it still be a DQ?

My dad once accidently left T2 with someone else's shoes. It was his first tri, at a local sprint. He somehow managed to park his bike at the wrong spot, and ran off with the wrong shoes. They were the same make/model but one rack over and a different size. My guess is that he was looking for his shoes as a marker for where his transition spot was and got fixated on them (instead of his gym bag) and in the heat of the moment didn't notice the size difference. We still tease him about it.

At any rate, it was perfectly accidental but still deserved the DQ.

Even if hypothetically accidental, her actions impeded another competitor. Someone of her calibre should know better whose bike is whose.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Kona Dreamin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kona Dreamin wrote:
A further update as reported in Triathlon Magazine Canada and posted on Twitter.

_========================================================================

As we reported yesterday, a Canadian age-grouper was disqualified for sabotaging another athlete’s bicycle prior to the start of the race at Sunday’s Ironman 70.3 Syracuse. Triathlon Magazine Canada was able to confirm with the Ironman 70.3 Syracuse race director, that the athlete, St. Catharines, Ont.’s Kristen Johnson, who competes in the 40 to 44 age-group, was disqualified at the race. According to unconfirmed reports she was disqualified for letting the air out of a competitor’s tire before the race, and that decision was made based on video taken by a spectator.

Johnson is an accomplished age-group triathlete who placed fourth in her division at Kona last year.

We reached Johnson earlier today both by phone and email.

“I am in the middle of being admitted to a… health facility and can’t deal with this,” she wrote in an email. “I did nothing wrong.”

In our phone conversation with Johnson she reiterated that she was being admitted to hospital and would not be making any other statements at this time.

Johnson, who previously worked as a teacher at the District School Board of Niagara, appears to have been dealing with many issues over the last few years.

She was disciplined by the Ontario College of Teachers in May, 2016. She had been arrested in February, 2014 and charged with fraud. Shortly after that she was also charged with “possession of property obtained by crime,” according to the decision posted on the Ontario College of Teachers website. (In the decisions Johnson is referred to as Kristen Michelle Tamburrino.)

The Ontario College of Teachers Magazine Professionally Speaking reported in its December, 2016 issue:

“Between November 2013 and January 2014, Tamburrino took someone’s bank card without his consent and used it to withdraw a total of about $1,140 from his bank account.”
“In October 2014, she (Johnson) pleaded guilty to the “possession under” charge. She received a conditional discharge and was placed on probation for 12 months. The fraud charge was withdrawn. The Discipline Committee panel found her guilty of professional misconduct and ordered that she appear before the panel immediately after the hearing to be reprimanded.She was also directed to successfully complete, at her own expense, a course in ethics. In its decision, the panel stated, ‘The Committee finds that the Member’s dishonest and illegal conduct warrants a reprimand by her peers.’”
In reaching out to members of the St. Catharines multi-sport community, many expressed concerns about Johnson’s health.

Quick, Herbert, you are getting scooped!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:

Needs a more aero keyboard.
Quote Reply
Re: AG Cheater BUSTED at Syracuse 70.3! [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason N wrote:
Bryancd wrote:

Needs a more aero keyboard.

Keyboard's aero enough, but he didn't consult with a good fitter and bought one with the wrong stack and reach, so he'll never find a fast aero position on it.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply

Prev Next